Dashinka

President Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

685 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html

and in the Lester Holt interview

"When I decided to (fire Comey) I said to myself, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story."

What???

But he has a "certified letter" yada yada.. Couldn't stop talking about Russia in that interview ...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

I agree with IAMX, that it is good to get a view from all sides.  I enjoy perusing HuffPo, and Salon occasionally along with the NYTimes and WaPo, and then there are some purported to be on the Right such as WashTimes, WSJ, or Foxnews.  Sometimes, you get better and more unbiased US political reporting from those on your side of the pond such as the BBC, or Sky.  

Trump thinks all of those except washtimes is fake news

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

An interesting article. Here's an excerpt fro the end. Click the link to read the beginning.

That is alarming whether or not Trump himself is guilty of any wrongdoing.

Will Trump get away with “a horrifying breach of every expectation we have of the relationship between the White House and federal law enforcement”? The authors call on the Senate to use all the tools at their disposal to check the Trump administration.

And they conclude:

The immediate concern is to ensure that the integrity of the Russia investigation, and all associated investigations, is preserved. We have not previously called for a special prosecutor, believing that Rosenstein was a person of integrity who should be given a chance to make a call on that question. His performance today, however, requires that he now step aside.

Assuming that he acted with sincerity ... he has still participated in a tawdry episode that will—and should—raise profound questions about the administration’s commitment to a fair and independent investigation of matters that touch the deepest of national security concerns. He cannot credibly lead this investigation any longer, and leaders of both parties must make sure he steps aside for an independent prosecutor who can. The broader concern is the protection of the FBI. Because removing one FBI director means installing another. Whomever Trump chooses for the role needs to go through the most exacting scrutiny to make sure that the director’s office—and the Bureau more generally—is not now the subject of White House control and a mere instrument of political whim.

For once, Wittes and I agree.

Every so often, a canary in a coal mine must have died of natural causes. But circumstances being what they were, the prudent course was never to presume a benign explanation. Common sense and self-preservation called for presuming the worst. This is not a time that affords the luxury to wait and see what Trump does next, or who Trump appoints to be the next Director of the FBI. This is a time to act.

It is a time for Congress to force a special prosecutor.

It is a time for the Senate to use every tool at its disposal to investigate Trump and his associates, and to conduct zealous oversight of the agencies that he now leads.

It is a time for citizens to tell their senators that guarding the rule of law against encroachments from this president should be their highest priority, and that they will be held responsible if they vote to confirm an FBI director who abuses his or her power.

Ask any Trump ex-wife, creditor, or subcontractor if he deserves to be given the benefit of any doubts. His entire life suggests the answer is no. Americans should start acting like it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/05/two-dead-canaries-in-the-coal-mine/526230/

Edited by Jacque67

Timeline
7 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/us/politics/trump-comey-firing.html

and in the Lester Holt interview

"When I decided to (fire Comey) I said to myself, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story."

What???

But he has a "certified letter" yada yada.. Couldn't stop talking about Russia in that interview ...

"I want to find out if there was a problem in the election having to do with Russia" we have been misunderstanDing the President. 

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
11 hours ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

I can almost feel the slap from that reply :o

But it's an honest question, which news outlet is least partisan?  To be fair I never said I would trust your answers.

Nature Boy went tongue in cheek with Info Wars ( Although Owen Shroyer is funny)

I would try the Atlantic or the Economist for analysis , commentary and feature writing that is consistently "centrist" . I do think it is the accountability of the  reader to understand the potential perspective or bias of the author.  Bias is not bad and is not limited to a left right spectrum  of view points. Region, economics, spiritually,  how your parents earned their living, your schooling, all bring a new layers of understanding when reading

Aside from feature, analysis and commentary you have news facts. I do not believe the facts are fake news. IF i have a doubt go to ap.com and look it up. I trust the NY Times  and the Washington post for news facts. Also the Wall street journal but I hate their paywall.

Edited by ccneat

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
15 hours ago, ccneat said:

Trump thinks all of those except washtimes is fake news

Many of them can be especially all the political stories sourced to a single anonymous source.  Makes one wonder if the sources are made up.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Many of them can be especially all the political stories sourced to a single anonymous source.  Makes one wonder if the sources are made up.

Do you have a source that tells you all of the political stories are linked to a single anonymous source?

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
1 hour ago, yuna628 said:

Do you have a source that tells you all of the political stories are linked to a single anonymous source?

Duh, He can't tell you. He is protecting his source !

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

President Obama openly backed a candidate in the French election. The Chinese openly supported and funnled millions to Bill Clinton and Al Gore. America has run more covert and overt ops to influence elections than Michael Moore has eaten Jelly donuts. 

Now the MDL is losing there minds because they think Russia may have exposed Hillary for what she is.

Isn't that a special kind of stupid and anyone who who doesn't think foreign govts, have not been trying to influence american elections for years is a kool aid drinking  ameboid. 

Unless there is evidence of hacking voting machines or black mailing someone then move on.

If Putin backed Trump, how is that any different than Obama backing that commie from France .

Timeline
3 hours ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

President Obama openly backed a candidate in the French election. The Chinese openly supported and funnled millions to Bill Clinton and Al Gore. America has run more covert and overt ops to influence elections than Michael Moore has eaten Jelly donuts. 

Now the MDL is losing there minds because they think Russia may have exposed Hillary for what she is.

Isn't that a special kind of stupid and anyone who who doesn't think foreign govts, have not been trying to influence american elections for years is a kool aid drinking  ameboid. 

Unless there is evidence of hacking voting machines or black mailing someone then move on.

If Putin backed Trump, how is that any different than Obama backing that commie from France .

Openly

Covertly..that is the diff

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, ccneat said:

Openly

Covertly..that is the diff

Who was covert? Trump openly backed people like Le Pen, Petry, Wilders, etc.

Putin openly said Trump would likely be better relations with Russia than Hillary (due to Hillary and the DNC's WW3 rhetoric).

If you want something to do with covert, what about the people who are supposed to be covert who suck at it, then blame the Russians for their own stupidity?

MULEzVo.jpg

Edited by IAMX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
14 hours ago, yuna628 said:

That is not what I said.  I said it is hard to believe the political stories that are sourced to one anonymous source.  There are political stories that do have more verifiable sources out there, but when I see stories with the single anonymous source, I read it with a bit of skepticism.  Recent examples were the stories of Comey looking for additional funding for the investigation resulting in his termination, or the supposed potential resignation of the Deputy AG.  Both of these were sourced to anonymous sources which begs the question were they made up for effect.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

That is not what I said.  I said it is hard to believe the political stories that are sourced to one anonymous source.  There are political stories that do have more verifiable sources out there, but when I see stories with the single anonymous source, I read it with a bit of skepticism.  Recent examples were the stories of Comey looking for additional funding for the investigation resulting in his termination, or the supposed potential resignation of the Deputy AG.  Both of these were sourced to anonymous sources which begs the question were they made up for effect.

There is so much is hard to believe about how the white house runs nowadays. I know something for certain...at least some of these stories are coming from folks not appointed by Obama. Trump has some compulsive leaking going .

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg