Dashinka

President Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

685 posts in this topic

Timeline

What's funny is how the left are buying into the media's frenzy over this. 

Pros for the media:

- More attention

- More ratings

Cons for the media:

- To keep up these ratings and attention, need to perpetuate hysteria out of every single thing Trump does

- Potential to get old after a while (though we may be underestimating the left's tantrum throwing endurance potential)

What they have on their side is the left are likewise searching far and wide for anything to validate their irrational anger. 

Edited by IAMX

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, IAMX said:

What's funny is how the left are buying into the media's frenzy over this. 

Pros for the media:

- More attention

- More ratings

Cons for the media:

- To keep up these ratings and attention, need to perpetuate hysteria out of every single thing Trump does

- Potential to get old after a while (though we may be underestimating the left's tantrum throwing endurance potential)

What they have on their side is the left are likewise searching far and wide for anything to validate their irrational anger. 

I heard an interesting theory the other day.  Is the media part of the DNC, or is the DNC part of the media?  I think they were mostly talking about the mainstream political media, but it is an interesting theory.  Since the DNC is a private entity, this wouldn't be burdened by the first amendment, and from what we saw during the campaign, it seems apparent that at least some in the media are quite cozy with the DNC.

That being said, the outrage currently happening on the Left over this whole Comey thing is certainly a boon for the political media.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

I heard an interesting theory the other day.  Is the media part of the DNC, or is the DNC part of the media?  I think they were mostly talking about the mainstream political media, but it is an interesting theory.  Since the DNC is a private entity, this wouldn't be burdened by the first amendment, and from what we saw during the campaign, it seems apparent that at least some in the media are quite cozy with the DNC.

That being said, the outrage currently happening on the Left over this whole Comey thing is certainly a boon for the political media.

That's an interesting perspective. The only thing I'd disagree on with the DNC and first amendment rights is that they fall under national requirements for a government recognized party and are able to get substantial taxpayer funds not only for the election campaign but other regular taxpayer benefits and exemptions that encompass party recognition. With that I'd say while their first amendment rights are most certainly near immutable, they have an obligation that supersedes the media (which, aside of nonsense like PBS, is entirely a private entity). If I get the time (after work gotta go to my daughters school play) I'll actually search for this info and see what I can find because I think this itself is an interesting topic pertaining to the circumstances of the media, DNC, and how stuff like the Comey situation gets disseminated. 

Edited by IAMX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

(CNN)The White House said Thursday that removing FBI Director James Comey from his post may hasten the agency's investigation into Russian meddling.

"We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," said deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders, referring to the FBI's probe into Moscow's interference in last year's election. "And we think that we've actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen."
The statement was a surprising admission from the White House that Comey's sudden dismissal on Tuesday may have an effect on the Russia probe. Officials have insisted the removal came because of Comey's handling of an investigation into Hillary Clinton's email server, and was unrelated to his oversight of the look into Russia's election hacking and possible ties between Trump advisers and Russian operatives.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Which US media organization would be considered the least partisan? 

Most links given by members seem very biased one way or the other and don't make trustworthy reading for someone like me.

Mar-15-2017 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox

Mar-21-2017 - NOA1 Priority date & Case assigned to Nebraska Service Center 

Dec-15-2017 - NOA2 I-130 approved

Jan-08-2018 -  NVC received

Jan-17-2018 - Received DS-261 AOS bill

Jan-17-2018 - Paid DS-261 AOS bill & submit 

Jan-26-2018 - Received IV bill

Jan-27-2018 - Paid IV bill

Feb-10-2018 - Send IV package

Feb-13-2018 - Scan Date

Feb-27-2018 - NVC Case Complete

Mar-17-2018   Receive interview date for April, St Patrick's Day good day to be Irish

Apr-17-2018    Interview at Dublin Embassy 

Apr-17-2018    Interview completed now in AP pending submitting other paperwork

Apr-25-2018    Additional information provided as requested 

May-09-2018   Visa approved, CEAC status changed to "Issued"

May-11-2018   Passport returned along with envelope for border control. 

Sep-18-2018    Entry through US Precleance Dublin, no problems at all.

Aug-27-2021   N400 for citizenship based on 3 year rule filed electronically

Aug-27-2021   NOA1 application received

Oct-02-2021    Notification of biometrics date

Oct-26-2021    Biometrics 

Jul-27-2022     Interview Raleigh NC, passed and same day oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jacque67 said:

(CNN)The White House said Thursday that removing FBI Director James Comey from his post may hasten the agency's investigation into Russian meddling.

"We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," said deputy press secretary Sarah Sanders, referring to the FBI's probe into Moscow's interference in last year's election. "And we think that we've actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen."
The statement was a surprising admission from the White House that Comey's sudden dismissal on Tuesday may have an effect on the Russia probe. Officials have insisted the removal came because of Comey's handling of an investigation into Hillary Clinton's email server, and was unrelated to his oversight of the look into Russia's election hacking and possible ties between Trump advisers and Russian operatives.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/comey-fbi-investigation-russia-sarah-huckabee-sanders/

to paraphrase Trump, Russia sure is laughing up its sleeve.

huckabee sanders admitting to obstruction...

well gotta check up on Rosie!!!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

Most links given by members seem very biased one way or the other and don't make trustworthy reading for someone like me.

tbh I can't even say there's one..

My suggestion, look at some from all ends of the spectrum of news reporting (not punditry) and make up your mind.

As far as the spectrum goes, when it comes to TV media, FOX News is likely the only moderate, independent, and conservative voice that's a major American TV broadcaster. The rest are varying shades of liberal.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

If you could compile a list of common online news sources that would make every regular here happy, the world would be a perfect place.  We could even shut this forum down because all you would need to do is go read the news to understand what is happening.   Can you get that list compiled and signed off by next Wednesday?

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
1 minute ago, IAMX said:

tbh I can't even say there's one..

My suggestion, look at some from all ends of the spectrum of news reporting (not punditry) and make up your mind.

As far as the spectrum goes, when it comes to TV media, FOX News is likely the only moderate, independent, and conservative voice that's a major American TV broadcaster. The rest are varying shades of liberal.

Just Sayin'

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
22 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

You need to get out for a walk my friend..and stay away from 4Chan pol

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline

I avoided mentioning online mainly because online is a far worse echo chamber, as we can see with social media.

I will say @Mr&Mrs G.you seem to have a pretty good head on your shoulders, my advice for news is, consider the same news story from multiple perspectives and see which one you think is trying to BS you the least/most. In virtually all circumstances they will all try to add their own spin.

Timeline
2 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

He's a showboat . A grand stander. (Trump on Comey )

Projection much

How can Trump use those phrases about anyone except himself? Trump must mean it as high praise.  

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
3 minutes ago, ccneat said:

You need to get out for a walk my friend..and stay away from 4Chan pol

I will say, as a 4chan browser for many years now, I've never once read or posted in /pol/. Pretty much purely /b/. Get enough of the /pol/ ####### anyways in /b/. No point in bothering. Also, on the subject of 4chan, I read "walk" as "#######"... edit: oi this censor.. replace l in walk with an n.

Edited by IAMX

Timeline
Just now, IAMX said:

I will say, as a 4chan browser for many years now, I've never once read or posted in /pol/. Pretty much purely /b/. Get enough of the /pol/ ####### anyways in /b/. No point in bothering. Also, on the subject of 4chan, I read "walk" as "#######".

sorry that didn't make the filter but the suggestion was walk as in fresh air, enjoy spring, renew and refresh..that sort of thing

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg