Dashinka

President Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

685 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

He is an ethics lawyer. Even if he acts unethically, he knows what ethics is - he is what is considered an authority on the subject. If a lawyer commits a crime, he can still state what a crime is correctly and accurately. The character of the lawyer has no bearing on the accuracy of his statement. 

You would think if there was a big ethics issue here ethics lawyers from other administrations would come forward instead of just this one yes man hack for George W Bush. That is the last I am going to say about this so we can get back to the larger topic at hand of Trump taking out the trash.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
5 minutes ago, jg121783 said:

You would think if there was a big ethics issue here ethics lawyers from other administrations would come forward instead of just this one yes man hack for George W Bush. That is the last I am going to say about this so we can get back to the larger topic at hand of Trump taking out the trash.

Someone like Ben Wittes, for instance? 

25 minutes ago, yuna628 said:

I can't say what Obama's reasoning was. As I stated before, if he had fired Comey, Republicans would have attacked him for doing so because it would be seen to as 'helping Hillary' and a ''coverup''. In the same way had Hillary been elected and she had fired Comey, Republicans would have screamed it was revenge for causing her 'trouble'. But I look at things a little more logically than that. Comey was always considered a well-respected individual who had a difficult choice to make about his various findings and wanting the FBI to seem impartial and an independent investigative agency, as they should be. Some of the reasons in the Deputy AG's letter were sound questions as to Comey's behavior involving his procedure and protocol. He had his reasons for doing so (mainly involving concerns about Lynch and impartiality), and there was many conservatives who were cheering him on, Trump included. These protocol questions were being examined by the IG, which would have been much better if those findings had been completed before jumping into a cesspool of unethical misery.

From a personal standpoint I think Obama genuinely appreciated Comey's approach to the situation, as I don't think he was as fond of the choices in the election as some might imagine. Hillary had from time to time, caused problems for him without a doubt. Things would likely sort themselves out, or turn out differently perhaps, as many once believed. Mostly, it was likely optics, something a President is often concerned about.

The current administration optics stinks like festering pinkeye.

giphy.gif

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
15th Dec 08 - I129F posted to VSC
1st June 09 - Interview at 9am, Medical at 2:50pm
15th June 09 - K1 Visa approved and received
23rd June 09 - Point of Entry (Atlanta, Georgia)
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline
25th Aug 09 - AOS + EAD + AP posted to Chicago Lockbox
2nd Oct 09 - EAD + AP Approved
22nd Oct 09 - AOS Approved
30th Oct 09 - Green Card in hand!

Removing Conditions Timeline
29th Sept 11 - I-751 posted to VSC
26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

20th Feb 15 - N-400 posted to Lewisville Lockbox

15th June 15 - Interview

1st July 15 - Oath Ceremony

NOW A US CITIZEN!

For 8 years everything has been Bush's fault. Then just like that  we cant discuss the last President cause he aint President no more, Cept to tout one of his team members quote on ethics, which for the past 8 years the MDL told us they had none 

32 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Let's review, he (his administration) weaponized the IRS against political opponents.  He (his administration) domestically spied on political opponents.  He consistently lied to the American people about the ACA, He lied about his plans to use EAs.  He didn't like talking to people even though of his own party.  And he constantly talked about compromise, but rarely if ever compromised himself.  President Trump is no saint, but he has a long way to go to reach President Obama.  Heck, Nixon was rolling over in his grave as to how easy it is now to attack your political opponents without consequences.

If that is your criteria for the worst President of all time then about 40 of our Presidents are worse than him.

Edited by JimandChristy

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

2 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Oh dear Sanders imploding.

says if Clinton had been elected she would have fired Comey immediately.... ( how would she know that?)

someone drag Sanders off!!!

The whole administration is an embarrassment, what do you expect with a leader like that?

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

3 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Oh dear Sanders imploding.

says if Clinton had been elected she would have fired Comey immediately.... ( how would she know that?)

someone drag Sanders off!!!

how would she know that and why does it even matter?

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Nature Boy Flair said:

For 8 years everything has been Bush's fault. Then just like that  we cant discuss the last President cause he aint President no more, Cept to tout one of his team members quote on ethics, which for the past 8 years the MDL told us they had none 

And you can't prove either lawyer wrong either. 

1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

how would she know that and why does it even matter?

Exactly, Listening to Kellyanne Conway last night was painful, she kept on going off on a tangent by deflecting questions from Anderson Cooper. She kept saying why don't you ask the Democrats about so and so.......

K1 Visa Timeline
17th July 09 - Married

AOS + EAD + AP Timeline

26th Sept 12 - Approved

Citizenship Timeline

15th June 15 - Interview

NOW A US CITIZEN!

Timeline
1 minute ago, JimandChristy said:

Exactly, Listening to Kellyanne Conway last night was painful, she kept on going off on a tangent by deflecting questions from Anderson Cooper. She kept saying why don't you ask the Democrats about so and so.......

She knows she can say anything she wants, and the supporters of the supreme leader will swallow it - hook, line, and sinker. Hers is the same pea-sized brain who gave us "alternate-facts."