Dashinka

President Trump Fires FBI Director James Comey

685 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Mr&Mrs G. said:

Are you saying Obama gave Comey the benefit of the doubt and let him keep his job? 

Two IF's on the ballot last year, you weren't honestly expecting a smooth Presidency no matter who won.

I can't say what Obama's reasoning was. As I stated before, if he had fired Comey, Republicans would have attacked him for doing so because it would be seen to as 'helping Hillary' and a ''coverup''. In the same way had Hillary been elected and she had fired Comey, Republicans would have screamed it was revenge for causing her 'trouble'. But I look at things a little more logically than that. Comey was always considered a well-respected individual who had a difficult choice to make about his various findings and wanting the FBI to seem impartial and an independent investigative agency, as they should be. Some of the reasons in the Deputy AG's letter were sound questions as to Comey's behavior involving his procedure and protocol. He had his reasons for doing so (mainly involving concerns about Lynch and impartiality), and there was many conservatives who were cheering him on, Trump included. These protocol questions were being examined by the IG, which would have been much better if those findings had been completed before jumping into a cesspool of unethical misery.

From a personal standpoint I think Obama genuinely appreciated Comey's approach to the situation, as I don't think he was as fond of the choices in the election as some might imagine. Hillary had from time to time, caused problems for him without a doubt. Things would likely sort themselves out, or turn out differently perhaps, as many once believed. Mostly, it was likely optics, something a President is often concerned about.

The current administration optics stinks like festering pinkeye.

Edited by yuna628

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, JimandChristy said:

To claim that Obama was one of the worst Presidents of all time is ridiculous. 

Let's review, he (his administration) weaponized the IRS against political opponents.  He (his administration) domestically spied on political opponents.  He consistently lied to the American people about the ACA, He lied about his plans to use EAs.  He didn't like talking to people even though of his own party.  And he constantly talked about compromise, but rarely if ever compromised himself.  President Trump is no saint, but he has a long way to go to reach President Obama.  Heck, Nixon was rolling over in his grave as to how easy it is now to attack your political opponents without consequences.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, CaliCat said:

Was his job to advise the president or to enforce ethics in the WH?

(So, you really can't prove him wrong. )

One of two things must have happened regarding this ethics lawyer. Either he wasn't very ethical or his advise was ignored. Judging by how much Bush liked to be surrounded by yes men it was likely the first option.

morfunphil1_zpsoja67jml.jpg

Timeline
Just now, jg121783 said:

One of two things must have happened regarding this ethics lawyer. Either he wasn't very ethical or his advise was ignored. Judging by how much Bush liked to be surrounded by yes men it was likely the first option.

So, you really can't prove him wrong. 

Just now, jg121783 said:

wonder why you're insisting on keeping this about bush?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

Let's review, he (his administration) weaponized the IRS against political opponents.  He (his administration) domestically spied on political opponents.  He consistently lied to the American people about the ACA, He lied about his plans to use EAs.  He didn't like talking to people even though of his own party.  And he constantly talked about compromise, but rarely if ever compromised himself.  President Trump is no saint, but he has a long way to go to reach President Obama.  Heck, Nixon was rolling over in his grave as to how easy it is now to attack your political opponents without consequences.

Yes. Obama was "Trump light." Trump is still far worse, and only in a little over 100 days. 

Just now, CaliCat said:

So, you really can't prove him wrong. 

So you can't demonstrate that he has ever successfully served in his capacity as an ethics lawyer? Therefore he has very little professional authority to make the accusations he is making.

Timeline
Just now, jg121783 said:

So you can't demonstrate that he has ever successfully served in his capacity as an ethics lawyer? Therefore he has very little professional authority to make the accusations he is making.

I don't have to. What he is quoted to have said in the article is true. You're the one stating that as an ethics lawyer he is not qualified to talk about ethics. You really can't prove him wrong.

1 minute ago, CaliCat said:

I don't have to. What he is quoted to have said in the article is true. You're the one stating that as an ethics lawyer he is not qualified to talk about ethics. You really can't prove him wrong.

He is not qualified to talk about ethics because he has never held a position where he has had a positive influence on ethics.

Timeline
Just now, jg121783 said:

He is not qualified to talk about ethics because he has never held a position where he has had a positive influence on ethics.

He is an ethics lawyer. Even if he acts unethically, he knows what ethics is - he is what is considered an authority on the subject. If a lawyer commits a crime, he can still state what a crime is correctly and accurately. The character of the lawyer has no bearing on the accuracy of his statement. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jacque67 said:

Sarah Huckabee Sanders spinning away. -trump has been considering letting go of Comey since day elected.

contradicts Spicer 5/3/17 the president has every confidence in the director.

Sadly the amateurs in the WH don't realise this charade is destroying WH credibility . Wonder what Spicey's up to? Writing a letter of resignation?