1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, AJBest said:

So after finishing DS 261 and 260, paying the fees, and sending the final IV packet, how long does it take for the interview invitation? 

Before interview u get a case complete notification.So far I have just got that and I'm awaiting interview appointment letter.My husband sent the packet on 19th DEC and we got our Case Complete mail on 26th Jan.No interview date yet:(

Timeline

Me and my spouse both are in india. I have heard that we need to produce proof regarding income status of the US citizen among the couple. Will it be a problem in our case as we both have been in India for the past one year?

Application Sent                   : 04/26/2017

Req. for missing info           : 05/25/2017

NoA1                                      : 06/15/2017 (Sent to TSC)

NoA2                                      : 01/31/2018

Sent to NVC                           : 02/13/2018

NVC Received                       : 02/21/2018

Case #      ??                          : 03/29/2018

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

AoS & IV status to 'paid'       : 04/12/2018 (DS-260 link active)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

CC                                             : 05/07/2018 

*******  [Interview date received on 05/10/2018]  *******

Medical                                    : 06/18/2018

VAC (biometric)                      : 06/19/2018

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

:pop: 

2 hours ago, HariMS said:

Me and my spouse both are in india. I have heard that we need to produce proof regarding income status of the US citizen among the couple. Will it be a problem in our case as we both have been in India for the past one year?

Is there any income source for your citizen spouse?  The income has to be above the poverty line of US.  If there is no sufficient income source for the petitioner then you will need additional income support from someone else which I believe is form I-864A. 

9 hours ago, KSJO said:

Before interview u get a case complete notification.So far I have just got that and I'm awaiting interview appointment letter.My husband sent the packet on 19th DEC and we got our Case Complete mail on 26th Jan.No interview date yet:(

What kinda proofs do they ask for PCC? My spouse has appointment next week. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, AJBest said:

What kinda proofs do they ask for PCC? My spouse has appointment next week. 

If her current and permanent address are same then I'm sure her passport must have same address.she has to submit proof of current address

Hello guys! My case just got accepted for expedite.  Sent the request last sunday and by monday they sent me an email stating that my case was under review. Yesterday, my case got accepted for expedite.🤗🤗🤗  My case is in NVC  and i   sent all the financial documents and civil documets plus i have paid all the fees.  I requested the expedite due to medical issues and financial hardship. Now  I would like to know whats next?  And how long it will take for the interview? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline

We finally received the I-130 approval!! Our NoA1 was May 30th and NoA2 Jan 29. (I updated my timeline). Now, do you know how NVC notifies us? Via email or mail? Thank you and best of luck to everyone!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Gianadoume said:

We finally received the I-130 approval!! Our NoA1 was May 30th and NoA2 Jan 29. (I updated my timeline). Now, do you know how NVC notifies us? Via email or mail? Thank you and best of luck to everyone!

Congratulations on your approval 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

PD MAY 24TH 2017 still waiting on some kind of update from Nebraska and I'm seeing people from June getting approved. My friend who filed 2 weeks before me and was sent to nebraska for the same country got her approval Jan 18th 2018. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, Gianadoume said:

Now you wait until the USCIS send your petition to the NVC. Usually the online status will be updated to (On (date) we sent Your case receipt no------------------ to the department of state). There has been different times frames for when the USCIS send the petition to the NVC. some was sent within a week, and some waited for a month. It depends on the service center and when they send mail out in patches. 

Once you get updates it was sent to the department of state (either online or by calling USCIS), it takes a week and up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive the case and enter it in their system to generate a case number.

Usually, you should start calling NVC a week after the case was sent from the USCIS to see if NVC received it. Once they receive it and have a case number, give them an email so this would be the way of communication which is faster and more secure.

YA ALAH Bless Our Joureny To The End , Ameen

Je T'aime Till My Dying Day

Timeline
4 hours ago, Gianadoume said:

Congrats! Don't know why TSC is taking this long to process petitions :( Hope mine also happens soon. 

DS-261 filled                          : 04/02/2018 (same day as the link got activated, no welcome letter still)

AoS fee paid                          : 04/04/2018 (after receiving the NVC welcome letter in the afternoon)

IV fee                                       : 04/07/2018 (paid on the same date as received)

DS-260                                     : 04/18/2018 (got logged out multiple times and completed it over 2 days) 

Send Aos and IV packets     : 04/25/2018 (USPS 3 day delivery expected to reach on 04/28/2018)

SD                                             : 04/30/2018 (USPS notified that it was delivered on 04/27/2018)

Interview                                  : 06/22/2018 @ Bombay(Mumbai) Consulate in India   :whistle::dancing:

POE                                           : 09/11/2018 (have to serve the notice period in office -_-)

Timeline
3 hours ago, No-Where-Man said:

Now you wait until the USCIS send your petition to the NVC. Usually the online status will be updated to (On (date) we sent Your case receipt no------------------ to the department of state). There has been different times frames for when the USCIS send the petition to the NVC. some was sent within a week, and some waited for a month. It depends on the service center and when they send mail out in patches. 

Once you get updates it was sent to the department of state (either online or by calling USCIS), it takes a week and up to 6 weeks for NVC to receive the case and enter it in their system to generate a case number.

Usually, you should start calling NVC a week after the case was sent from the USCIS to see if NVC received it. Once they receive it and have a case number, give them an email so this would be the way of communication which is faster and more secure.

NVC, in their mail stated that it could take upto 6 weeks for them to receive a case after USCIS sends it to them.  Now, once my NoA2 comes, there is no way that I'm gonna get a different reply till

6 weeks afterwards. :D 

Edited by HariMS

Timeline
4 hours ago, estadia said:

PD MAY 24TH 2017 still waiting on some kind of update from Nebraska and I'm seeing people from June getting approved. My friend who filed 2 weeks before me and was sent to nebraska for the same country got her approval Jan 18th 2018. 

I've also seen people from june getting approved at Nebraska. It's kind of unpredictable now when a petition gets approved :( 

8 hours ago, Abies said:

Congratulations on your approval 

Hey abies, how many days you waited for the approval since they received your RFE?. It's our 47th day now and still waiting. And what did you do to find out that your case was approved. Thx to whatever info you could give me. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.