1,512 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Serbia
Timeline

Hi all,

My husband and I filed our i-130 on May 10, We received our approval and everything in November, our case was sent to the NVC and is in process there, we have submitted everything, our scan date is 12/8/2017, the clerks at the NVC are not very helpful at all and just seem to be in a bad mood all the time, has anyone heard of approvals from the NVC regarding their progress?

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
15 minutes ago, AJBest said:

PD May 24 - Nebraska

No letter, but status approved today just couple hours ago on January 24th. Exactly 8 months!

File approved, file now sent to the department of state! Oh I'm so happy! Can't wait to get over this long distance with my beloved wife!

Congratulations friend

1 hour ago, AJBest said:

PD May 24 - Nebraska

No letter, but status approved today just couple hours ago on January 24th. Exactly 8 months!

File approved, file now sent to the department of state! Oh I'm so happy! Can't wait to get over this long distance with my beloved wife!

Congratulations!

Now good thing is that the worst waiting part is over. but you're still going to need allot of patience. my case was approved at 26th dec. and there's no letter from NVC yet. it's been almost 1 month. hopefully you'll get it earlier then my case. but recent posts are showing that allot of folks are having the same kind of issue. do not want to spoil your happiness but usually at this point we think that wait is over. but unfortunately it's not over just yet. 

Timeline
13 minutes ago, H-S said:

Congratulations!

Now good thing is that the worst waiting part is over. but you're still going to need allot of patience. my case was approved at 26th dec. and there's no letter from NVC yet. it's been almost 1 month. hopefully you'll get it earlier then my case. but recent posts are showing that allot of folks are having the same kind of issue. do not want to spoil your happiness but usually at this point we think that wait is over. but unfortunately it's not over just yet. 

Same here. I was approved on Dec 16 and I still haven't received a welcome letter from NVC yet. Did your case status update online? What does it say? Mine just changed on Jan 19 to "Case was sent to department of state"

23 minutes ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

Same here. I was approved on Dec 16 and I still haven't received a welcome letter from NVC yet. Did your case status update online? What does it say? Mine just changed on Jan 19 to "Case was sent to department of state"

my case status was updated first at 26th Dec: says name update, my wife received a letter a few days latter in her mailbox. says, your case has been approved and sent to NVC.(my lawyer kinda ruined my name while filling I-130 instead of my name in there she put patienter's name in the column instead of beneficiary )

now it updated second time at 9th Jan says that case was sent to Department of State. thinking of waiting another 2 weeks then i'll contact NVC in case of no letter or mail. please update us with your case progress too so i'll get some idea. since your case was approved before mine.  good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, AJBest said:

PD May 24 - Nebraska

Congrats Ajbest,I'm really happy for you as well,can't wait for mine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, H-S said:

Congratulations!

Agreed the hardest part is over, this next step take 6 week but don't sit there and wait for a letter cuz they just might end up getting in with in 8 weeks so it's best to call NVC instead waiting on the letter.

yiu don't have to wait on the letter you can call them and find out if they received it, once they do wait about a week or 2 to get a case number ht it really take 2 weeks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
1 hour ago, Harmeet Kaur said:

It's also best to call and comiforn it's approved or not that way you know you are 100% for sure you approve.

dont sit there and wait for NVC to send Peter just call them and ask if they received your packages and they will tell unif they receive it or not. 

Timeline

My brother got approved today pd 9 june know by mail not status update and mine 18 may still showing  rfe received

Edited by Tanvir singh

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We’re PD May 22 in Nebraska and have had no word yet. I see applications from June getting approved. I understand different workers get through their work load at different points,  however they keep emphasizing first come first serve. I see people with priority dates after mine. It would seem to me that if it’s first come first serve they should focus on applicants that are still waiting before those.. am I wrong?

Timeline
37 minutes ago, judy karim said:

We’re PD May 22 in Nebraska and have had no word yet. I see applications from June getting approved. I understand different workers get through their work load at different points,  however they keep emphasizing first come first serve. I see people with priority dates after mine. It would seem to me that if it’s first come first serve they should focus on applicants that are still waiting before those.. am I wrong?

Yes bro u right my wife went to usa after 1 month our marriage cos she wanna apply early so we can get approve early but not going like this 

Edited by Tanvir singh

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.