lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, jabbal said:

Can my N400 application be rejected or Delayed because of citation ??

Thanks

Jabbal, don't worry about the traffic ticket. The IO may or may not ask about the tickets. If the IO asks about it, just show him the documents that you had paid for them.

I had 2 tickets also. And one of them was issued just before the interview. My IO discussed with me for the tickets. I showed him the court record. And we just moved on to next question.

2 hours ago, laufine said:

Jabbal, don't worry about the traffic ticket. The IO may or may not ask about the tickets. If the IO asks about it, just show him the documents that you had paid for them.

I had 2 tickets also. And one of them was issued just before the interview. My IO discussed with me for the tickets. I showed him the court record. And we just moved on to next question.

Thank you Laufine, 

Should I tell IO myself or tell IO only if he asks ??

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, laufine said:

I also had a ticket in August but I did not have to see a Judge because I payed and they told me it is off the records .

should I mention it ? I checked my driver’s license records, it does not show any where . The fine was $ 170 . 

Mu interbiew is next week . Now I am confused .

if it is off the records , do you think it will show up ??? 

Please help !

5 hours ago, jabbal said:

Thank you Laufine, 

Should I tell IO myself or tell IO only if he asks ??

Thanks

You should list the tickets in your N-400 application form. If you didn't, you need to update the traffic ticket information during the interview.  And because one of your ticket was over 500 dollars, you have to have the court document with you in case the IO asked about it.  Please see my post about traffic ticket.

7 hours ago, laufine said:

You should list the tickets in your N-400 application form. If you didn't, you need to update the traffic ticket information during the interview.  And because one of your ticket was over 500 dollars, you have to have the court document with you in case the IO asked about it.  Please see my post about traffic ticket.

Thank you Laufine, I have paid receipt for the ticket but I don't have any Court document to show. I think receipt should be fine.

Thanks again

Congrats @laufine!!!

For any changes since filing n400 do y'all think I should bring an updated page of the application or a typed page with just the information. We moved (within the area I lived) during that time while I have been waiting and I made two trips outside the US . My husband changed employer (he is interviewing too). So is it best to bring the application with updated pages or what is sufficient? 

3 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

Congrats @laufine!!!

For any changes since filing n400 do y'all think I should bring an updated page of the application or a typed page with just the information. We moved (within the area I lived) during that time while I have been waiting and I made two trips outside the US . My husband changed employer (he is interviewing too). So is it best to bring the application with updated pages or what is sufficient? 

Thank you @Waitinggame16

I also made some change and updated my address. I printed another page with updated information and gave the page to IO.

10 hours ago, jabbal said:

Thank you Laufine, I have paid receipt for the ticket but I don't have any Court document to show. I think receipt should be fine.

Thanks again

Yes, the receipt is good enough. 

My husbands interview has been scheduled.

Here's is timeline:

FO: Chicago 

Filing under 5 yr
Priority Date: May 25, 2017
Notice Date: May 29, 2017
Biometric Notice: June 2, 2017
Finger Prints: June 22, 2017
In Line for Interview: July 3, 2017
Interview scheduled email: March 8, 2018

1 hour ago, Steelers1020 said:

Here's is timeline:

Filing under 5 yr

What date did you send your file on? 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
2 hours ago, Steelers1020 said:

Here's is timeline:

Filing under 5 yr

How did the interview go ? 

What local office ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.