lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

53 minutes ago, deborabr said:

I finally received a text message saying my case is in line for interview. This is the first time my case was updated online since I submitted my package back in May 2017. Does anyone knows how long it takes for them to actually schedule the interview now?

If I had to guess your next update will happen fairly soon depending on your field office processing time. Hope you'll hear good news next couple of days having to wait for such a long time.

Let us know what happens. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 19/02/2018 at 11:46 AM, Booze&Blues said:

Excellent! 

I meant to ask you, did you ever call customer service, went for infopass, or inquire online before your status changed from fingerprint to inline for interview? Or did it happen on its own?

Best of luck on your interview date I'm sure you'll do exceptionally well.

No news about your interview yet ? 

Timeline
16 hours ago, deborabr said:

I finally received a text message saying my case is in line for interview. This is the first time my case was updated online since I submitted my package back in May 2017. Does anyone knows how long it takes for them to actually schedule the interview now?

Good morning . I am a may filler  ( 207) as well, received this month  a text then a week later a notice saying that my interview was scheduled .  witch will be in March . It is a long journey for every body . 

Patience !!!! 

Edited by hopephilly

1 hour ago, Steelers1020 said:

Did you get your interview date?

I shuold receive letter today, I can see on USPS webesite with screenshot a leeter from USCIS..as soon as letter in my hand.. will update with interview date.. I believe its gonna be last week of march.. but will update you exact date n time  :)

Good luck

4 hours ago, hopephilly said:

No news about your interview yet ? 

Still says fingerprint scheduled. But I keep busy so I don't stress over it. I'm glad tho all other Philly filers and others are on their way to interviews!

Thanks @hopephilly

Yeah I let it all out at gym ;)

Don't forget to gather all recent bank statements, tax transcripts, bills and what not in preperarion for your interview. Specially us 3 year rule filers might be asked to show little extra, but just in case they do.

Timeline

Hi guys,

important question : does someone have a payment plan with IRS ?

i have my interview soon and i am making payment plan with irs for 2016 taxes . It will start in April 2018, they could not make it before that date .

would that affect my interview ? 

I am the one who volunteered to make payments and IRS agreed .  

Need your experience and advice please !!!!

thanks 

I'll ask around for you @hopephilly.

Used to doing personal/corporate tax while back before I switched to audit and consulting. 

If I remember right you probably have an online agreement or a copy of form 9465 depending on how much you owe (25-50)K. 

Print out or copy your agreement and stick it in folder with the rest of your income tax returns. Write a couple paragraphs letter explaining the issue then sign and date. Keep it a side in case IO asks for it, but if no questions asked I don't believe you are a bligated to disclose it. 

Never been in this situation but that's what I would do. Meanwhile I'll ask around see if I can come up with a more concrete solution then share it with ya.

Edited by Booze&Blues

Timeline
11 hours ago, Booze&Blues said:

I'll ask around for you @hopephilly.

Used to doing personal/corporate tax while back before I switched to audit and consulting. 

If I remember right you probably have an online agreement or a copy of form 9465 depending on how much you owe (25-50)K. 

Print out or copy your agreement and stick it in folder with the rest of your income tax returns. Write a couple paragraphs letter explaining the issue then sign and date. Keep it a side in case IO asks for it, but if no questions asked I don't believe you are a bligated to disclose it. 

Never been in this situation but that's what I would do. Meanwhile I'll ask around see if I can come up with a more concrete solution then share it with ya.

Good morning @Booze&Blues

I called the IRS yesterday and they said that they will send me the document that I requested for a payment plan in a few days hopefully I get it before March 12th .

soni will do what you said , having it with me in a folder and keep it in case they ask for it .

I will  not mention it if they do not ask for it  !!!

we always file our taxes and i did send with my 400 application form the last 3 years taxes . 

Let’s pray that it will not be an issue for me to pass the interview . A friend who passed his interview in Philly a few days ago told me not to worry about this and all what they can do is to check with IRS and send me their decision based on that .

i really wish to finish with this long and hard journey because I am getting tired :(

thank you again and any thing could help me would be great !!!!

have a wonderful week end 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.