lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

Yesterday I got text message and email from uscis my case status changed current now "interview was schedule" I am not receive my interview notice yet, I hope will get it soon...

For those who lost their interview letters or just never got them despite knowing an interview is scheduled:

Call and ask them to fax it to you. I called today and my interview is tomorrow. They faxed me the copy of the letter within 15 mins. The officer also told me it is at the discretion of the field office if they let you in or not without the letter.

It also specifically says on the letter to bring the letter with you.

Thanks!

43 minutes ago, seyda & zack said:

Yesterday I got text message and email from uscis my case status changed current now "interview was schedule" I am not receive my interview notice yet, I hope will get it soon...

Congrats again, your application is moving quick after such a long wait. Expect letter within 5 business days give or take. You're almost there! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline

Guys my interview was finally done this morning.  Past days and weeks was so stressful and finally i made it and  USCIS Form-N-652  is showing “Congratulations! Your application is recommended for approval. At this time, it appears, that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony.

Here’s the story of my journey today:

Set alarm for 5:45am. Interview time is 10:30am

Left the house at 7am.  Traffic was so bad going to Atlanta USCIS office. Arrived at the parking lot at 8:30am.  Walk towards the building and have to wait to be called by the guard to put all personal belongings on a tray for check up through xray machine like in the airport. Went to a window and showed my appointment letter. She told us to go to the second floor and check in there at 10:05 am since my interview scheduled was 10:30.  It was a long ordeal waiting in that cold room.So i just observed some people who were called ahead of me. Their are some applicants who took forever inside to be interviewed and their are some who was just quick and came out with a smiling face.  Funny i saw one USCIS officer who looked tough and i told myself, hope she will not be the one to interview me. :)  But, she was indeed my interviewer when i was finally called at 10:40am.

She guided me towards her office and told me to remained standing and raised my right hand to take an oath.

After that she told me to sit down, and asked me to hand to her my passport, Green Card, Drivers License and SSN card.  She asked if i have another id. I told her thats all ID i got because at work we dont have an ID but an employee number to used to clock in.  

Then she set aside all the documents she asked and took a pic of me. Did finger printing again. I dont know why. She said lets do your biometric again.

After that she handed me a paper to signed.

Then she asked me if i bring a new bank statement of me and my husband.  Oh gee! I thought about that last night but just ignored it.  I told her, I dont have any but I have a new phone bill and insurance of our car both under our name. She took that and attached it together to my folders. Oh Thanks God, she did not asked for more.

Next she handed me a paper to write a sentence.  Then the second paper there are sentences for you to read.

After that, she went through all the pages of the application form and asked questions whats in there. She will be signing the papers as she go along and doing works on the computer too.

Finally she asked me the civic questions.

* What is the Supreme Law of the Land?

* How many amendments does the constitution have?

*Who is in charge of the executive branch?

*What is the name of the Vice President?

*Who is the chief justice Of the United States?

*What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?

Guys, there are ready questions already printed on that paper which is intended for each diiferent individuals or applicants.  As she was reading the questions, she was checking it too and writing something after every answers you gave.

After that, she handed me the Form N-652 and told me to wait on the mail for the letter of Oath Taking schedule. She also said, to bring the green card and what is stated on the letter.  

She congratulated me and led me to the exit door.

:):):)

I told my husband i need a good lunch and a drink.  Imagine guys I took a sleeping pill last night and went to bed at 9pm.  I had so many weird dreams.  LOL! Even in my dreams, I was holding the citizenship book and was memorizing. :)

@Waitinggame16 :) Im so happy you finally going to your interview soon.  Just be prepared for all the documents to bring. Bring current Bills.  

To all those waiting for the big day,  goodluck to all of you.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

Congratulations @La Isla Bonita

Just one more waiting but this last wait may be the shortest wait but it will feel like the longest as you are almost at the end of your journey and want it to end.

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

3 hours ago, La Isla Bonita said:

Guys my interview was finally done this morning.  Past days and weeks was so stressful and finally i made it and  USCIS Form-N-652  is showing “Congratulations! Your application is recommended for approval. At this time, it appears, that you have established your eligibility for naturalization. If final approval is granted, you will be notified when and where to report for the oath ceremony.

day,  goodluck to all of you.

Congrats to you @La Isla Bonita! Hope my interview will be like yours tomorrow.

Timeline
30 minutes ago, laufine said:

Gooddluck @laufine.....I know you can do it.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.

Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.

NVC

Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Timeline
2 hours ago, thekfc said:

Congratulations @La Isla Bonita

Just one more waiting but this last wait may be the shortest wait but it will feel like the longest as you are almost at the end of your journey and want it to end.

Thank you @thekfc.  I am relaxing now. Past days was so stressful.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1

NVC

on AOS & IV.

AOS.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
4 hours ago, La Isla Bonita said:

Here’s the story of my journey today:

Set alarm for 5:45am. Interview time is 10:30am

Left the house at 7am.  Traffic was so bad going to Atlanta USCIS office. Arrived at the parking lot at 8:30am.  Walk towards the building and have to wait to be called by the guard to put all personal belongings on a tray for check up through xray machine like in the airport. Went to a window and showed my appointment letter. She told us to go to the second floor and check in there at 10:05 am since my interview scheduled was 10:30.  It was a long ordeal waiting in that cold room.So i just observed some people who were called ahead of me. Their are some applicants who took forever inside to be interviewed and their are some who was just quick and came out with a smiling face.  Funny i saw one USCIS officer who looked tough and i told myself, hope she will not be the one to interview me. :)  But, she was indeed my interviewer when i was finally called at 10:40am.

She guided me towards her office and told me to remained standing and raised my right hand to take an oath.

After that she told me to sit down, and asked me to hand to her my passport, Green Card, Drivers License and SSN card.  She asked if i have another id. I told her thats all ID i got because at work we dont have an ID but an employee number to used to clock in.  

Then she set aside all the documents she asked and took a pic of me. Did finger printing again. I dont know why. She said lets do your biometric again.

After that she handed me a paper to signed.

Then she asked me if i bring a new bank statement of me and my husband.  Oh gee! I thought about that last night but just ignored it.  I told her, I dont have any but I have a new phone bill and insurance of our car both under our name. She took that and attached it together to my folders. Oh Thanks God, she did not asked for more.

Next she handed me a paper to write a sentence.  Then the second paper there are sentences for you to read.

After that, she went through all the pages of the application form and asked questions whats in there. She will be signing the papers as she go along and doing works on the computer too.

Finally she asked me the civic questions.

* What is the Supreme Law of the Land?

* How many amendments does the constitution have?

*Who is in charge of the executive branch?

*What is the name of the Vice President?

*Who is the chief justice Of the United States?

*What group of people was taken to America and sold as slaves?

Guys, there are ready questions already printed on that paper which is intended for each diiferent individuals or applicants.  As she was reading the questions, she was checking it too and writing something after every answers you gave.

After that, she handed me the Form N-652 and told me to wait on the mail for the letter of Oath Taking schedule. She also said, to bring the green card and what is stated on the letter.  

She congratulated me and led me to the exit door.

:):):)

I told my husband i need a good lunch and a drink.  Imagine guys I took a sleeping pill last night and went to bed at 9pm.  I had so many weird dreams.  LOL! Even in my dreams, I was holding the citizenship book and was memorizing. :)

@Waitinggame16 :) Im so happy you finally going to your interview soon.  Just be prepared for all the documents to bring. Bring current Bills.  

To all those waiting for the big day,  goodluck to all of you.

Congrats  ! Thanks for all the details , it helps a lot . Are you under 3 years  rules ?  ( spouse ) 

if yes. Did you bring your spouse’s passport or a copy ?

thanks 

Edited by hopephilly

Timeline
8 hours ago, seyda & zack said:

Do not worry ! You will get it soon !

Timeline
1 hour ago, hopephilly said:

Congrats  ! Thanks for all the details , it helps a lot . Are you under 3 years  rules ?  ( spouse ) 

if yes. Did you bring your spouse’s passport or a copy ?

thanks 

@hopephilly - i brought with me the birth certificate of my hubby and a copy of his passport and he was with me too. :)  yes i was under the 3 years rule-married to a US citizen.

The only thing the USCIS officer asked was the recent bank statement which i dont have. Be prepared on that. Each one of us has a unique case and each USCIS officer has different approach too towards applicants who comes for interview.  :}

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1

NVC

on AOS & IV.

AOS.

Timeline
53 minutes ago, La Isla Bonita said:

@hopephilly - i brought with me the birth certificate of my hubby and a copy of his passport and he was with me too. :)  yes i was under the 3 years rule-married to a US citizen.

The only thing the USCIS officer asked was the recent bank statement which i dont have. Be prepared on that. Each one of us has a unique case and each USCIS officer has different approach too towards applicants who comes for interview.  :}

Thank you very much for this helpful information . I am under 3 years rule as well so I will have every thing wit me .

my hubby lost his birth certificate so I will bring his passport and a copy of it too . 

I have the bank statements since more than 3 years so I have to stop getting stressed about this . 

Thanks a gain and I hope my interview will be smooth and easy .

have a good night 😍

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
22 hours ago, laufine said:

Good luck @laufine I'm sure you will do fine.  I predict you will get approved tomorrow, you will get your oath ceremony letter in the mail in approximately 1.5 weeks, and you will be a citizen on March 20th.

:D:D:D

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

8 hours ago, vosnmars said:

Good luck @laufine I'm sure you will do fine.  I predict you will get approved tomorrow, you will get your oath ceremony letter in the mail in approximately 1.5 weeks, and you will be a citizen on March 20th.

:D:D:D

@vosnmars Thank your for your nice words. I passed the interview and got approved today. I will write down my experience in another post. Thanks again.

Timeline
5 hours ago, laufine said:

@vosnmars Thank your for your nice words. I passed the interview and got approved today. I will write down my experience in another post. Thanks again.

Congrats  👏👏👏

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.