lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, laufine said:

It's only Monday, buddy. I received the txt and email on a Wednesday morning. Don't give up the hope. Fight!

I posted that Friday Eve, but you're right it's a new week and new hope! 😀

Edited by Waitinggame16

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
15 hours ago, babybluee said:

Driving me super crazy already lol

My Interview  -  Nov 20, 2017 

still waiting for the Oath ceremony letter 

Highly suggest everyone bring 2 passport photos for the interview otherwise delay forever like me :(((

My Field office is San Diego  -  NBC

I will follow your advice though I did not read somewhere in the paper which came along with my interview letter.  Its always good to be prepared once that happens. Thanks for the advice.

USCIS

Dec. 6,2012 - PD
Dec. 7,2012 - noa1
Sept.6,2012 - Received email from USCIS, case transferred from NBC to Local Atlanta office.
- Scheduled hubby for INFO PASS dated Sept.26,2012

Sept.21,2012 - Hubby received a call from USCIS Lady doing a "PHONE INTERVIEW".
Sept.24,2012- Received Text & Email " CASE APPROVED"
Sept.26,2012- Hubby still went to his INFO PASS appointment to asked further assitance for the next stage.
Sept.28,2012- Received Noa2 Hard copy

NVC

Oct.22,2013 - NVC received file
Nov.5, 2013 - Received Case # and Invoice ID Number
Nov.6, 2013 - Received Email for AOS & FEE Bill
Nov.8, 2013 - AOS & IV payment status " IN PROCESS"
Nov.12,2013- AOS & IV payment status "PAID"
Nov.21,2013- DS-260 submitted
Dec.9,2013 - AOS & IV package sent
Dec.13,2013- False checklist received. Called NVC to confirm and they said just ignore it. Its like a confirmation
they received our documents.
Jan.14,2014 - Called NVC and heared our document was reviewed Jan.9 - and we got a checklist
on AOS & IV.

Jan.15,2014- Received official email checklist

Jan.15,2014- Responded to IV checklist in the afternoon. Sending my NBI CLEARANCE (again) Thru FedEx.

Jan 17,2014- NVC received FedEx document at 9:40a.m. signed by G.Peters

Jan 17,2014- Hubby took a half day off at work to dropped off personally to the lawyer's office, a checklist on his
AOS.

Jan.21,2014- IV checklist reviewed

Jan. 29,2014- AOS checklist reviewed

Feb. 20, 2014 - CASE COMPLETE

Feb. 27, 2014 - Received Official Email..Case Complete

Feb, 28, 2014 - Received P4

April 1, 2014 - INTERVIEW DATE 9:30a.m.

THE BAHAMAS - PORT OF ENTRY

APRIL 10,2014 "HOME SWEET HOME" with hubby

On 2/3/2018 at 5:31 PM, NC1987 said:

So I received my Interview notification in this morning post. My interview was scheduled for Wednesday 7th March 2018 in Orlando. In the mail, I also received another letter, saying my interview had been de-scheduled due to unforeseen circumstances. Not to sure what to make of this, obviously with it being a weekend, I cant contact my attorney for advice.

I do coincidentally have an info-pass appointment for Tuesday 6th February to extend my stamp for my I-551. So I will be taking my descheduled interview letter with me, and asking question about the reason for it being de-scheduled. Have anyone else had any experience of this, and if so what kind of time frames did it take for the interview to be re-scheduled any reason for it being de-scheduled etc? I am getting sick and tired of not hearing anything from USCIS, I really wish I had only bothered with extending my PR for 10 years and given citizenship a miss. 

The exact same thing happened to me in Orlando as well. Got two letters, one with the interview date (March 7) and the other one was to cancel to the interview due to "unforeseen circumstances". Now my status online says that I'm in line for a interview the same thing from last year. I tried to call but I haven't got any luck

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 16/12/2017 at 4:09 PM, FinalDestination said:

I have not been a member of this blog, but you guys have helped and comforted me while I waited for my interview. I have been checking this blog frequently from the time I applied till today. Therefore, I would like repay you all by passing on my experience, especially for those who are still waiting for their interviews. This is a long review but hope it helps.

My Timeline

5/2/17      Mailed  N-400

5/4/17      Received in Phoenix

5/15/17    FP Scheduled

5/30/17    FP completed 

7/20/17    In line for Interview

11/3/17    Interview Scheduled at the Santa Ana, CA Field Office

12/12/17  Interview Appointment Approved

12/14/17  Online Status changed to Oath Ceremony information will be mailed

My story

The wait –as you all know- was loooong, just over 7 months - 224 days to be exact :). But working fulltime and keeping busy with family and friends, and checking Visa Journey regularly made the passing of time bearable. I know it is difficult but please be patient and your day will come.

The end to my journey was quite weird and very quick. My appointment time was at 1:15pm. I arrived at the USCIS office and placed my appointment letter in the tray at 12:50pm. My immigration officer (IO) called my name out around 1:10pm and I was all done and out of the building by 1:30pm. My IO was all business, no small talk or even a smile until the very end. We walked in to the office and passed a photocopy machine. He wanted my documents so that he can make copies, but I informed him that I already had made copies, so, we proceeded to walk in to his office.

As we entered the IO’s office, he wanted me to stay standing, placed me under oath and then asked me to sit. He wanted my ID, GC, and Passport along with the copies I made and then asked me to place my folder - with all the documents I took - on the chair beside me. He took a photo and wanted me to place my left and right index fingers on a scanner, for biometric verification.

Thereafter, without warning, he rattled off six questions (I honestly don’t recall them as it was sooooo quick), wanted me to read and write a sentence, went through my N400 application verbally while he was marking and stamping the pages, and completing stuff on the computer. I had wanted a name change and therefore, he printed 2 pages with the change, asked me to verify and sign. Towards the end of the questioning he wanted to know if I had 2 passport photos – which I did and handed it to him. He asked me if it was recent and then stapled it to my application. He asked me to sign more pages and worked on his computer some more. He closed the file and scanned it and placed it aside (while I sat silently).

After a couple minutes, he turns around and says, congratulation, you application has been recommended for approval and you will be notified of your oath ceremony by mail. He said that the ceremony will either be in December or January – this is when he smiled. Initially I thought the officer was going to be very tough and a hardass , but to my surprise, he was very professional and like I said, all business – which was AWESOME!!

Can I suggest the following to those preparing for the interview:

1.      Please go through your application and refresh your memory as it has been a whiles since you applied - My OI skipped over questions, but I answered all the questions he asked without any hesitation

2.      Please take the original and copies of:

• Passport -  with copies of the main page and all the pages that have an entry/exit stamp
  • ID or DL
  • Green Card – with copies of both front and back
  • 2 recent passport sized photos – in case they ask for it
  • All documents applicable to your case – citations, marriage/divorce certificates, tax returns, school transcripts, rental or mortgage receipts, selective services letter, etc.,

3.      Memorize all the 100 questions as it could be anyone of them

4.      Practice the writing parts

5.      Be over prepared - I memorized my entire application but as mentioned earlier, the IO had a very few questions… but I was ready. Note that all IOs may have their own style of interviewing

6.      Go to your interview professionally dressed as you would for a job interview

7.      When you get to your interview, be relaxed, courteous, and professional

8.      At the interview, when answering questions, be precise and don’t rant, be clear and to the point. You don’t want to give information that is not required. Keep it simple

I wish you all the very best and hope your interview day comes sooner rather than later and I hope it goes smoothly.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Congrats !

do they look at every document ? 

I am the applicant  spouse of is citizen and in my interview letter, they ask for a copy of my hubby’s citizenship . The only document he has is his passport . Would that work ?

he was born in the US but his birth certificate has a mistake so he has to fix that but he was told it will take up to 3 months .

ia worried now . A friend told me a passport should be fine but I am still stressed out .

2 hours ago, hopephilly said:

Hello, 

Any one had an interview in Philadelphia Pa ?

Still at finger print scheduled since May of last year. Did you receive an interview letter by any chance? If so, when? And did you get notified with usual text and email? 

I think passport should be enough as proof. But you may want to take birth certificate along just in case they ask for it. But if you want to be extra prepared, you can always have spouse get a notarized affidavit attesting to birth certificate typo and that passport is accurate and up to date. That's what I would do anyways. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Booze&Blues said:

Still at finger print scheduled since May of last year. Did you receive an interview letter by any chance? If so, when? And did you get notified with usual text and email? 

I think passport should be enough as proof. But you may want to take birth certificate along just in case they ask for it. But if you want to be extra prepared, you can always have spouse get a notarized affidavit attesting to birth certificate typo and that passport is accurate and up to date. That's what I would do anyways. 

Hi,

thank you fir your reply . Yes I received the interview notice yesterday scheduled March 12th . I am stressed because they ask for a lot of documents . 

Is your status in line for interview ? 

I had finger print done in the bigining of June . 

Philadelphia office is delayed , this is what they told me when I called so you should call them to get some update of your case .

55 minutes ago, hopephilly said:

Hi,

thank you fir your reply . Yes I received the interview notice yesterday scheduled March 12th . I am stressed because they ask for a lot of documents . 

Is your status in line for interview ? 

I had finger print done in the bigining of June . 

Philadelphia office is delayed , this is what they told me when I called so you should call them to get some update of your case .

Hey, congrats on getting interview letter!

Actually my status is still stuck at "Finger Print Scheduled". So I'm not even In Line for Scheduling. I never added my info into table because I never had any updates beyond biometrics appointment but I filed on May 3rd - 3 year rule. 

I know all offices including Philly are backlogged and I also know I'm being delayed even more as an individual. Not sure why tho. 

Just make sure to grab all the usual supporting docs like bills and what not covering last year as well as whatever you already sent out in terms of joint taxes and such. It'll be ok, just dont stress yourself out. You should be super happy now that your journey almost over.

So you got a text and email update before you received letter? 

Timeline

Thank you very much for your  encouragement . 

Yes I’ve got a text message and email before the letter that I received yesterday .

i wish that you will get your’s soon but call the customer service , they will be able to give you some informations .

my application was sent in may too , they received it may 26th and finger print was done in June , if that helps .

Best of luck to you . 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Waitinggame16 said:

Finally got an email last night to say we got scheduled for interview! Will update my timeline once I get the letter.

@Steelers1020 hope you're soon too!

Congrats ! You will receive   the interview letter shortly . 

Let me know please About the list of documents that they ask in the letter if you are under 3 year app ( marriage )

our journey will end soon :) 

My info-pass appointment didn't really shed any light on why my Interview was cancelled. I got my I-551 extended for 12months (opposed to the 6months they had stamped it for back in August). Which seems a little concerning to me. The guy working for USCIS basically gave me the ''we are backed up and running really slow'' and ''it is still within the processing times, which can be found at USCIS.gov'' he did advise me that my file hasn't yet been sent to Orlando, so until then an interview can't be scheduled. At least  my I-551 has 12 months to run which is the only positive I can take from this sorry situation. 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Booze&Blues said:

Hey, congrats on getting interview letter!

Actually my status is still stuck at "Finger Print Scheduled". So I'm not even In Line for Scheduling. I never added my info into table because I never had any updates beyond biometrics appointment but I filed on May 3rd - 3 year rule. 

I know all offices including Philly are backlogged and I also know I'm being delayed even more as an individual. Not sure why tho. 

Just make sure to grab all the usual supporting docs like bills and what not covering last year as well as whatever you already sent out in terms of joint taxes and such. It'll be ok, just dont stress yourself out. You should be super happy now that your journey almost over.

So you got a text and email update before you received letter? 

Thank you very much for your  encouragement . 

Yes I’ve got a text message and email before the letter that I received yesterday .

i wish that you will get your’s soon but call the customer service , they will be able to give you some informations .

my application was sent in may too , they received it may 26th and finger print was done in June , if that helps .

Best of luck to you . 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.