2,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
22 hours ago, Akrod said:

Interview approved:rolleyes:

Congrats!  Oath ceremony is very soon.  Great news! :D

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

On 12/16/2017 at 10:07 PM, laufine said:

Congrats to you and thank you very much for the suggestion!

On 12/17/2017 at 3:17 PM, Akrod said:

Interview approved:rolleyes:

I received the Oath Ceremony notice in the mail today. It will be on December 21st, 2017 at the LA Convention Center.

Good luck you all!

17 hours ago, FinalDestination said:

I received the Oath Ceremony notice in the mail today. It will be on December 21st, 2017 at the LA Convention Center.

Good luck you all!

My husband's Citizenship journey has been almost identical to yours:

5/2/17      Mailed  N-400

5/5/17      Received in Phoenix

5/8/17      Check Cashed

5/15/17    FP Scheduled

6/2/17      FP  Completed

7/20/17    In line for Interview

11/3/17    Interview Scheduled

11/11/17  Received Intervew Letter

12/12/17  Interview Appointment - Approved

12/14/17  Oath Letter Mailed

12/18/17  Oath Letter received

12/21/17  Oath Ceremony at Los Angeles Convention Center (Only 4 days notice!)

We are coming from South Orange County, so will likely leave around 5:30-6:00 a.m.

Congratulations, and best of luck to you!

10 hours ago, longtimeresident said:

My husband's Citizenship journey has been almost identical to yours:

5/2/17      Mailed  N-400

5/5/17      Received in Phoenix

5/8/17      Check Cashed

5/15/17    FP Scheduled

6/2/17      FP  Completed

7/20/17    In line for Interview

11/3/17    Interview Scheduled

11/11/17  Received Intervew Letter

12/12/17  Interview Appointment - Approved

12/14/17  Oath Letter Mailed

12/18/17  Oath Letter received

12/21/17  Oath Ceremony at Los Angeles Convention Center (Only 4 days notice!)

We are coming from South Orange County, so will likely leave around 5:30-6:00 a.m.

Congratulations, and best of luck to you!

Yes, I noticed that we kind of mirrored each other's timeline.

I used to live in Lake Forest for the past 15 years until last year, when I moved to Santa Ana. I have to pick my parents from Lake Forest as they want to come to the oath ceremony as well. My ceremony is in the afternoon so I don't have to leave so early :).

Congratulations to your husband and all the best to your family!!

17 hours ago, FinalDestination said:

Yes, I noticed that we kind of mirrored each other's timeline.

I used to live in Lake Forest for the past 15 years until last year, when I moved to Santa Ana. I have to pick my parents from Lake Forest as they want to come to the oath ceremony as well. My ceremony is in the afternoon so I don't have to leave so early :).

Congratulations to your husband and all the best to your family!!

Thank you!  We are from Lake Forest too.  We've lived here since 1978.  We both grew up in Santa Ana.  :)

Looking forward to the oath ceremony tomorrow and finishing up this citizenship process.  

Wishing everyone else on this site the best as well!

1 hour ago, laufine said:

Congrats to you all who attended today's citizenship ceremony in Los Angeles.

Hi Laufine,

Thank you for your wishes. It was a very short but sweet ceremony and lasted about one hour. It was well organized and flowed well.

I hope you and all those awaiting for their interviews get their day soon. I wish you all happy holidays and a prosperous new year.

Regards

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Here is my  journey 

5/8/17      Mailed  N-400

5/10/17      Received in Phoenix

5/12/17      Check Cashed

5/22/17      FP  Completed

6/08/17    In line for Interview

10/16/17    Interview Scheduled

11/20/17   Interview Appointment - (Approved)

12/08/17  Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

I would like to know how long can I receive my oath letter?  since I have to change my name will it take longer? I had an interview in San Diego, CA and my IO noticed that I move to LA and helped me to schedule my oath in Los Angeles area. I am kind of worried because I have not get any notices unless I submit the case inquiries. 

thank you so much 

Edited by babybluee

Timeline
On 12/13/2017 at 9:52 PM, longtimeresident said:

Thank you! They said they will mail a letter regarding Oath Ceremony. I checked online, and the next Oath date scheduled for Orange County, CA is February 22nd. However, a name change is involved, so I’m not sure if it will be different in our case. 🤔

What I heard from my fds, she interviews on Santa Anita, however, the oath ceremony located in Los Angeles.

1 hour ago, babybluee said:

What I heard from my fds, she interviews on Santa Anita, however, the oath ceremony located in Los Angeles.

Hi babybluee, 

For upcoming oath ceremonies in Southern CA, please check the following link: https://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/clerk-services/naturalization-ceremony-locations-and-schedule

Having a name change DOES NOT slower your oath ceremony date. I had my name changed too.

Regards,  

Edited by FinalDestination

Timeline
3 hours ago, FinalDestination said:

Hi babybluee, 

For upcoming oath ceremonies in Southern CA, please check the following link: https://www.cacd.uscourts.gov/clerk-services/naturalization-ceremony-locations-and-schedule

Having a name change DOES NOT slower your oath ceremony date. I had my name changed too.

Regards,  

thank you so much and normally how long it takes since I already wait one month already .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.