lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

On 11/8/2017 at 12:17 PM, JoeSchmoe2017 said:

No, it will be at the Paramount Theatre in downtown Oakland.

Hi Joe,

Tomorrow is my Oath Taking Ceremony.  Congratulations by the way on becoming a new citizen. Did you sign the N 445 in front of the IO during the ceremony ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 11/20/2017 at 10:29 AM, laufine said:

I've been in line since June 26th. Any update guys?

I got a text message and email earlier today saying they are sending us the interview notice. I hope we get an interview date quickly and can squeeze in before the end of the year. Let’s see!  I hope you get your notice soon.

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

11 hours ago, vosnmars said:

I got a text message and email earlier today saying they are sending us the interview notice. I hope we get an interview date quickly and can squeeze in before the end of the year. Let’s see!  I hope you get your notice soon.

Congrats to you @vosnmars! It's really a good news for me.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Lilith70 said:

I am a new US Citizen.  I had my Oath Taking Ceremony today.  

Congrats!!

Timeline
3 hours ago, laufine said:

Congrats to you @vosnmars! It's really a good news for me.

I hope you receive notice soon! 

22 minutes ago, vosnmars said:

Congrats!!

Thank you.  Now I need to wait for two weeks to update my information at SSA.   After that I will apply for a passport probably at the Postal Office.

1 hour ago, laufine said:

Congrats to you!!! 

You are welcome.  Didn't you just had yours too?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, Lilith70 said:

I am a new US Citizen.  I had my Oath Taking Ceremony today.  

awesome.  congratulations

Joyce

2/10/04 - interview date!!!!!!!Got Visa!!!!

3/11/04 - Massimo arrived in USA...Hurray!!!

4/25/04 - Happily Married in New Jersey

5/12/04 - starting AOS papers

5/17/04 - Mailed I-485, 131, (certified mail) to Newark

7/12/04 - Biometrics for AOS done in NYC

2/1/05 - received interview letter for May 16, 2005

5/16/05 - Successful (and fast) AOS interview in Cherry Hill!!!

I751

3/1/07 - mailed I751 package to VSC - regular mail

3/7/07 - cashed 205.00 check

3/9/07 - cashed 70.00 biometrics check

3/16/07 - received blue receipt notice for biometrics fee

3/24/07 - received NOA extending GC for another year

3/24/07 - received Biometrics appointment letter

4/6/07 - Biometrics appointment in Newark at 9am

4/7/07 - touched

4/11/07 - touched

9/28/07 - email received...Card production ordered!

10/4/07 - received congratulations letter in the mail

10/09/07 - 10 year green card received

Any update from people in Manhattan for interview date?  I am getting nervous as I will have a few overseas trips next year and I am still under in line for interview since July.  Hope it won’t come in or the date falls on the time I am away.  Not sure what I can do but hope for best luck.  

Thank you.

Just want to share my passport application experience with folks who will apply for their citizenship at San Jose field office.

USCIS provides passport application envelopment at the interview, but not to everyone. I didn’t get one. Passport staff was present at my ceremony and told us if we brought over the application forms, they would stamp the envelope and accept the application anyway. So even if you didn’t get the application form at the interview, you could still bring over your application including photos, checks. The line was long. But compared to the limited spaces at USPS, it’s still worth it. I didn’t know that passport staff would be there, so I didn’t bring my application although I got it ready before the ceremony. Just a heads-up for the folks who badly need their US passports for travel.  Congratulations on citizenship and safe travels!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline
1 hour ago, trumocean said:

Just want to share my passport application experience with folks who will apply for their citizenship at San Jose field office.

USCIS provides passport application envelopment at the interview, but not to everyone. I didn’t get one. Passport staff was present at my ceremony and told us if we brought over the application forms, they would stamp the envelope and accept the application anyway. So even if you didn’t get the application form at the interview, you could still bring over your application including photos, checks. The line was long. But compared to the limited spaces at USPS, it’s still worth it. I didn’t know that passport staff would be there, so I didn’t bring my application although I got it ready before the ceremony. Just a heads-up for the folks who badly need their US passports for travel.  Congratulations on citizenship and safe travels!

congrats!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.