lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
8 hours ago, Gazy said:

My Visa Journey has finally come to an end! I am now a US citizen. I had my oath last Friday. Was such a nice experience.

Congrats!!!

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

On 10/20/2017 at 12:54 PM, JoeSchmoe2017 said:

Congratulations!!!

Congratulations to you on becoming a new US Citizen!   I just got a congratulations  letter today after my naturalization interview (San Jose , CA field office).  My oath taking ceremony said the IO may be Nov. 28.  She told me to prepare at least four passport pictures, two for USICS file and two for my new passport and bring them to the oath taking ceremony.  She said to bring cash or some form of payment to apply for the passport the same day.  She did not check my old passports because it is there on the data base and she told me she already looked at my passports.  She only asked me six questions , you know 65/20 which I answered all correctly.  

Edited by Lilith70

15 hours ago, Lilith70 said:

Congratulations to you on becoming a new US Citizen!   I just got a congratulations  letter today after my naturalization interview (San Jose , CA field office).  My oath taking ceremony said the IO may be Nov. 28.  She told me to prepare at least four passport pictures, two for USICS file and two for my new passport and bring them to the oath taking ceremony.  She said to bring cash or some form of payment to apply for the passport the same day.  She did not check my old passports because it is there on the data base and she told me she already looked at my passports.  She only asked me six questions , you know 65/20 which I answered all correctly.  

Sorry I made a mistake.  They will not take cash but only checks and money orders.

1 hour ago, laufine said:

Tomorrow will be the 4th month of being in line. Any other update from you guys?

Just be patient.  I was expecting my interview to come next year but I was surprised to receive a letter  in September that I was scheduled for an interview yesterday, Oct. 23, 2017.  I saw the IO had my file since I entered the US thick folder.    And she was reading something on her computer as well while I had the interview , probably the background check.  Be careful with your answers it might be catchy.  If you have back taxes and you have an agreement with the IRS to repay them bring it with your.  The IO asked me if I brought two passport pictures.  It did not say in the checklist that I need to.  So she told me to bring it with me to the Oath Ceremony.   

On 10/19/2017 at 8:53 PM, kirat17 said:

I have my oath ceremony tomorrow and I am traveling to India on Nov 1st. I was hopeful reading some of the posts here that I would have the option of expediting my passport application and it shouldn't be an issue as I still have about 10 days. So today thought of making an appointment at the passport agency right after the ceremony tomorrow as @Mehrdad576 had done.

And guess what! The nearest passport agency is 6hr away either in Atlanta or Miami. I am in Jacksonville,FL. Now I need to make a trip to either of those within these 10 days to get my US passport :(

Anyways, I have a question. My Indian passport is still valid and will remain with me, correct? Can I travel to India using that? I mean I ll carry both passports but at the port of entry in India can show my Indian passport so that I don't have to apply for Indian Visa on my US passport? Is it valid? Any information in this regard will be helpful!

Hi Kirat17,

Once you are naturalized, you are no longer an Indian citizen as India does not allow dual-citizenship.  The US does. You are expected to renunciate your Indian citizenship.

You cannot use the Indian passport to enter India.  It is illegal according to the Indian government and will create issues for you if you are applying for an OCI card.

Hopefully your US passport is being expedited and processed.  I would suggest applying for an e-Visa (basically a visa on arrival at the Indian port of entry).

On 10/23/2017 at 9:41 AM, Gazy said:

My Visa Journey has finally come to an end! I am now a US citizen. I had my oath last Friday. Was such a nice experience.

Congrats Gazy!  Welcome to the gang!!!

Don't forget to pay a visit to the social security office in a week or so to update them!

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

On 10/20/2017 at 1:44 PM, himalayanV said:

Paint me red and blue guys, I am an American!
What a beautifully ceremony in Albany. Hoping the rest of you get through this asap..you're close!

-HV

WOOOOO!!!  Congratulations!!!!!!!! 

Our journey:

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, skmv said:

Hi Kirat17,

Once you are naturalized, you are no longer an Indian citizen as India does not allow dual-citizenship.  The US does. You are expected to renunciate your Indian citizenship.

You cannot use the Indian passport to enter India.  It is illegal according to the Indian government and will create issues for you if you are applying for an OCI card.

Hopefully your US passport is being expedited and processed.  I would suggest applying for an e-Visa (basically a visa on arrival at the Indian port of entry).

@skmv Thank you for the information! I am going to Atlanta this Friday to get my passport. Hopefully they give it to me same day. And then will apply for e-visa to India. It says on the website that you need to apply 4 days before your travel? Hopefully it works!

Thanks @lovelyalex for all your help and responses! you are awesome !!

Oh jeez AND you have to apply for a visa!?  what a pain!  I've had to file visas for business travelers to India for work and it's such a hassle.  Hopefully it's a little easier for you guys as "former" Indian nationals @skmv and @kirat17 ?

Our journey:

15 minutes ago, Steelers1020 said:

Hi: could my husbands info please be added to the timeline

Filing under 5 yr 

Priority Date: May 25, 2017

Notice Date: May 29, 2017

Biometric Notice: June 2, 2017

Finger Prints: June 22, 2017

In Line for Interview: July 3, 2017

Chicago Field Office

Thank you!

Sorry my mistake, he's already on the timeline. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 10/24/2017 at 11:08 AM, laufine said:

Tomorrow will be the 4th month of being in line. Any other update from you guys?

Same for us.  Nothing is happening.  Being busy has helped us not think too much about it, but we really want to be finished before the end of the year.

I hope we start hearing something from Los Angeles soon.

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.