lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

The new processing dates have been released today, my filed office (Orlando) are processing as of 20th November 2016. Which is approximately 7 months before my application was submitted. I am expecting not a great deal of movement in the next set of data released next month due to Hurricane Irma. The positive is that there is some sign of progress and they are processing the I-751 within my time frame, the negative is that I am still in line for Interview and expect to be so for a sustained period of time.

16 hours ago, Mehrdad576 said:

and I am a US citizen. Thanks everyone for your help.

i had my oath yesterday in detroit in the morning. the oath was done by 11 am and the passport agancy was right across the street. i had an appointment and i filled out everything the night before. went there and applied for passport and got my passport same day. i had my passport 2 hours after my oath ceremony.

again thank you guys

@lovelyalex @nesh123

Thanks for sharing your oath experience. Is it possible to request for an appointment even before you become a citizen. I was given to believe that you would need to be a citizen before requesting for an appointment. I have my oath ceremony on 10/16 at the same location.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Gtown1 said:

Thanks for sharing your oath experience. Is it possible to request for an appointment even before you become a citizen. I was given to believe that you would need to be a citizen before requesting for an appointment. I have my oath ceremony on 10/16 at the same location.

No you dint have to be a us citizen to get an appointment. In fact they don’t even ask for your name when scheduling an appointment. Just go to their website and schedule an appointment. Make sure you have a flight booking before you go to passport agency. They dont issue you an expedited passport if you dont have that. Here ia my suggestion. Call Emirates airline and book a ticket within next week if you are in rush and need your passport.  They dont charge and email your booking right away

Google drive link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo

Feel free to add yourself 

Naturalization process:

05/16/2017, N-400 delivered 
05/19/2017, E-Notification and check cashed

On 10/13/2017 at 4:05 PM, Mehrdad576 said:

i had my oath yesterday in detroit in the morning. the oath was done by 11 am and the passport agancy was right across the street. i had an appointment and i filled out everything the night before. went there and applied for passport and got my passport same day. i had my passport 2 hours after my oath ceremony.

again thank you guys

@lovelyalex @nesh123

That's amazing!  Congratulations @Mehrdad576 and fantastic news that you've already taken care of your passport too!

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

My status reads: On May 30, 2017, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice for Receipt Number NBC*007818873. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by June 29, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My wife's status reads: On September 21, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*007818874. We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

We gave fingerprinting on the same day.
Should I contact USCIS to know the update?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kuwait
Timeline
On 10/13/2017 at 1:05 PM, Mehrdad576 said:

again thank you guys

@lovelyalex @nesh123

Congratulations!!!!

K-1 to Citizenship - 6 year immigration journey: January 2012 to January 2018

On 2017/10/14 at 6:24 AM, Mehrdad576 said:

No you dint have to be a us citizen to get an appointment. In fact they don’t even ask for your name when scheduling an appointment. Just go to their website and schedule an appointment. Make sure you have a flight booking before you go to passport agency. They dont issue you an expedited passport if you dont have that. Here ia my suggestion. Call Emirates airline and book a ticket within next week if you are in rush and need your passport.  They dont charge and email your booking right away

Congrats to you! Another one of us became a citizen.  Hope everyone will be the citizen soon.

Quick Update - Completed my Oath ceremony earlier this morning at the Detroit Federal Courthouse. Finally, glad to be a US Citizen. Applied for Expedited Passport as I would be traveling in the next few days. 

Appreciate everyone's comments on this forum. This was extremely useful reference as one waited through the various stages of the application process. USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox ================================  UserName.......|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA.....|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrview|Oath....|Field Office...|NBC/IOE Gtown1.........|........|05'17|05'17|05'17...|06-'17..|06-26-17|08-24-17|09-27-17|10/16/17|Detroit, MI....|NBC

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, kay_jay said:

My status reads: On May 30, 2017, we scheduled you for a fingerprint appointment and mailed you an appointment notice for Receipt Number NBC*007818873. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your appointment notice by June 29, 2017, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

My wife's status reads: On September 21, 2017, we started the interview scheduling process for your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization , Receipt Number NBC*007818874. We will send you an interview notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

We gave fingerprinting on the same day.
Should I contact USCIS to know the update?

Your wife passed background check, but yours still pending, same as I.

UserName.......|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd   |NOA..   ...|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrview|Oath....|Field Office...|NBC/IOE
n400May........|.02'08..|05'17|05-02-17|05-05-17...|05-26-17|01-25-18|        |        |        |Las Vegas,NV   |NBC

Finger print  done on May26. 

Status show: On January 25, 2018, we started the interview scheduling process 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 9/12/2017 at 11:13 AM, himalayanV said:

Well, once you have cleared the background check (after fingerprint), your online status will change to "In line for Interview" which usually means that your file has been sent to the local USCIS office. That is when your interview scheduling process begins and the time to actual interview will vary depending on how long you have already waited, how busy is your local office, etc. 

It seems like your case is still in background check phase. 

Thanks for the input.

Has anyone applied for citizenship and requested a legal name change?  My husband "Americanized" his name as a child and his driver's license and most legal docs refer to him by his "Americanized" name.  So, it made sense to request the name change.  Does this make the process take longer?  Thanks in advance!

5/2/17      Mailed  N-400

5/5/17      Received in Phoenix

5/8/17      Check Cashed

5/15/17    FP Scheduled

6/2/17      FP  Completed

7/20/17    In line for Interview

Edited by longtimeresident
Additional information

@longtimeresident

It really depends on your field office. If judicial oath ceremonies are scheduled in a relatively high frequency (i.e. 4-6 times a month) then it shouldn't take longer than the usual time. Name change requests are taken during naturalization interview; and it can only be done during a judicial oath ceremony as opposed to administrative ceremonies. 

Check your field office info within USCIS website for number of ceremonies per month it could give you bit of an idea how many and what type of oath ceremonies conducted in any given month.

Hope this helps-- good luck.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country:
Timeline
20 hours ago, Booze&Blues said:

@longtimeresident

It really depends on your field office. If judicial oath ceremonies are scheduled in a relatively high frequency (i.e. 4-6 times a month) then it shouldn't take longer than the usual time. Name change requests are taken during naturalization interview; and it can only be done during a judicial oath ceremony as opposed to administrative ceremonies. 

Check your field office info within USCIS website for number of ceremonies per month it could give you bit of an idea how many and what type of oath ceremonies conducted in any given month.

Hope this helps-- good luck.

is there a link to check our filed office processing / oath ceremonies ? how do we know what is our field office?

@Californian wife,

Google: USCIS field office locator. Enter zip code on website, then it'll show you field office that you're associated with which should match whatever on NOA notices you've been receiving from USCIS. 

Once you found your field office, Google: naturalization oath ceremony "type in your field office location" US courts. This should take you to judicial oath ceremonies resources.

Let us know how it goes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.