lucybelle

N-400 May 2017 Filers

2,388 posts in this topic

Timeline
4 minutes ago, laufine said:

I think our google sheet can't be used anymore. Too many information is missed or wrong. My entry is also deleted by someone. Please keep update in the forum thread. 

Even in the forum,  I updated my info 3 times. Whoever updated next, didn't use the latest version. So it missed my info. I kind of gave up. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline
1 hour ago, laufine said:

I think our google sheet can't be used anymore. Too many information is missed or wrong. My entry is also deleted by someone. Please keep update in the forum thread. 

I can't even find my entry, and won't lose time anymore for repetitive data entry. My oath ceremony is next Friday, so journey almost over, thank you everyone for all your kind support and welcome to the new proud citizens of USA!

4 hours ago, Tdiep said:

Even in the forum,  I updated my info 3 times. Whoever updated next, didn't use the latest version. So it missed my info. I kind of gave up. 

Just make sure to update your timeline! That’s the most important in my opinion.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

On 10/3/2017 at 11:05 AM, virji1988 said:

I got in line on 6/22.. I got letter on 10/1.. So about 3.5 months

Interesting...we are at the same local office but our "in line" date was 8/22. Received interview letter on 10/2. Sounds like they might "batch" groups of petitioners. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline
1 hour ago, smashrun said:

Interesting...we are at the same local office but our "in line" date was 8/22. Received interview letter on 10/2. Sounds like they might "batch" groups of petitioners. 

When is your interview date?

Everyone, please add your details to the Google Spreadsheet - Goodluck to all
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Q5KGu0jl596_NV6atrShYnR0KXbMClOMCks07uhgESo/edit?usp=sharing

My Timeline:
05/15/2017 - Sent N400 package to Dallas
05/22/2017 - Check cashed
06/12/2017 - Fingerprints done
06/20/2017 - In line for Interview
11/02/2017 - Interview scheduled
11/02/2017 - Approved on spot
11/9/2017 - Oath and filed for passport at USPS (Got it in 6 days)

Hi All,

I just got my oath letter in the mail. 20th of this month. I am really excited. Thank you all for your encouragement especially when my interview didn't go as expected. @lovelyalex  you are the best! I wish the rest of you a safe Journey to the end.

Quick update - Finally received the Oath Letter; Appreciate everyone's comments on this forum. This was extremely useful reference as one waited through the various stages of the application process. 

I was not able to add the details to the Google Docs...For reference, below is the information for reference.
USCIS Phoenix, Arizona Lockbox
================================ 
UserName.......|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd|NOA.....|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrview|Oath....|Field Office...|NBC/IOE
Gtown1.........|........|05'17|05'17|05'17...|06-'17..|06-26-17|08-24-17|09-27-17|10/16/17|Detroit, MI....|NBC

On 9/26/2017 at 12:55 PM, nesh123 said:

Dear All - Completed the naturalization process yesterday. It was a brief session for about an hour or so - about 79 people naturalized yesterday in Detroit. There was another session later in the day with a similar number of naturalizations. Best wishes for a smooth and expedited process completion to all those who are in line with the process..

Hello nesh123,

I have one query with regard to the Oath ceremony. Was there anyone from the Passport office or were any instructions provided on applying for new passports as part of the Oath ceremony. Reason for this query is that I might need to travel very soon after the Oath ceremony and would need to apply for Passport. 

For those who are still at "biometrics scheduled", just FYI our status still says "in line" and we received an interview letter last week.  So maybe you're in line and don't know it! ^_^

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

3 hours ago, lucybelle said:

For those who are still at "biometrics scheduled", just FYI our status still says "in line" and we received an interview letter last week.  So maybe you're in line and don't know it! ^_^

Did biometrics June 2nd after sending out application first week of May. Still at biometrics scheduled phase. But then again, we're dealing with USCIS. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

05/26/2017 - Fingerprints done

No update since then.  I are still at "biometrics scheduled" stage. I guess I got stuck in FBI name check again. I got green card on 2008 after two years waiting for FBI name check to finish.

UserName.......|GC-Date.|Sent.|Cashd   |NOA..   ...|Fprints.|In Line.|Int ltr.|Intrview|Oath....|Field Office...|NBC/IOE
n400May........|.02'08..|05'17|05-02-17|05-05-17...|05-26-17|01-25-18|        |        |        |Las Vegas,NV   |NBC

Finger print  done on May26. 

Status show: On January 25, 2018, we started the interview scheduling process 

On 10/4/2017 at 2:45 PM, Gazy said:

@lovelyalex  Alex , did you get a decision or approval letter in the mail after the interview separate from an oath letter?

Sorry! Just seeing this now, things have been nuts at home.  So no, no approval letter or decision letter.  The oath letter starts something like "thank you for your interest in becoming a US citizen" and then goes on to say when your oath date is.

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.