JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

I am extremely nervous :(

@Dre876 You and me both!  We will make it through though. :)

Edited by Erin&Alex

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, zizou2017 said:

Just called and a nice rep confirmed our docs are currently at the review department. Scan date April 13. 

26 minutes ago, Exan said:

I'm going to call right now

scan date april 11

24 minutes ago, chokey said:

Let's know what they say, share the same scan date with you. 

Congrats @Dre876 !! i see from the spreadsheet that you made it to the review department. Wishing you a quick CC!! 

@zizou2017 and @Exan

Have you had a chance to look at the new spreadsheet? Open to all NVC scan dates in 2017 (mail, email, CEAC upload)

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

Thank you, JBMG

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

@JMBG on march 30 I got an email (I just saw it) 

NVC Notice of Missing Item for *CASENUMBER*

NVC-do-not-reply@state.gov
Thu 3/30/2017 11:59 PM
Inbox

To:
XXXXXXXXX;

****NVC Notice of Missing Item: Please submit Affidavit of Support documents ****

Good day,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received the documents you submitted in support of MY NAME’S immigrant visa petition. This petition's NVC case number is XXXXXXXXXXX. However, NVC will not review these documents until we receive the Affidavit of Support form(s) and/or supporting financial evidence required for this case. 

Please follow the online instructions at nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish) to complete the Affidavit of Support form and collect the appropriate financial evidence. Once you've gathered the required financial forms and documents, send them to NVC. Instructions are available at nvc.state.gov/submit (English) or nvc.state.gov/enviar/espanol (Spanish). If you have any questions, please call 1-603-334-0700 or use NVC's online inquiry form at nvc.state.gov/ask (English) or nvc.state.gov/ask/espanol (Spanish). 

After you submit an Affidavit of Support form, please allow up to six weeks for NVC to review your documents. Then, we will let you know if anything is missing or needs to be corrected.  

Reminder:  This is only a notice that we received documents from you. We will not review them until we have received both the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicant's civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted a DS-260 Immigrant Visa application online at ceac.state.gov.

Good day,
The National Visa Center (NVC) received the documents you submitted in support of MY NAME immigrant visa petition. This petition's NVC case number is XXXXXXXXXX. However, NVC will not review these documents until we receive the required civil documents for each intending immigrant. Please follow the online instructions at nvc.state.gov/document (English) or nvc.state.gov/documento/espanol (Spanish) to learn which civil documents you need to submit. 

Please submit photocopies of these documents. Do not send original certificates to NVC.  Once you've gathered the required civil documents, send them to NVC. Instructions on how to send your documents to NVC are online at nvc.state.gov/submit (English) or nvc.state.gov/enviar/espanol (Spanish). If you have any questions, please call 1-603-334-0700 or use NVC's online inquiry form at nvc.state.gov/ask (English) or nvc.state.gov/ask/espanol (Spanish). 

After you submit your civil documents, please allow up to six weeks for NVC to review your documents. Then, we will let you know if there is anything missing or that needs to be corrected.

Reminder:  This is only a notice that we received documents from you. We will not review them until we have received both the financial documents from the petitioner and the applicant's civil documents. You must also have paid all required fees and submitted a DS-260 Immigrant Visa application online at ceac.state.gov.

IMPORTANT:
If your visa petition is currently processing at the National Visa Center, do not let more than one year pass without contacting NVC. If a period of one year passes from the last date of contact (by telephone, mail, or e-mail) with NVC, all submitted fees and documents expire. If this occurs, the fees must be paid again and documents must be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Sincerely,
National Visa Center
U.S. Department of State

This email is Sensitive but Unclassified based on the definitions provided in 12 FAM 540. Any information in this transmission pertaining to the issuance or refusal of visas or permits to enter the United States shall be considered confidential under Section 222(f) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) [8 US C. Section 1202]. Access to and use of such information must be solely for the formulation, amendment, administration, or enforcement of the immigration, nationality, and other laws of the United States under INA 222(f) and as specified in FAM guidance. If you have received such information in error, do not review, retransmit, disclose, disseminate, use, or take any action in reliance upon this information, and contact the sender as soon as possible.
Edited by Dre876

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Dre876 said:

@JBMG does that constitute as a checklist? I sent my ds-260 march 1 but I didn’t get to send my documents until April 11 (I was waiting on a file). 

Yes, that is a checklist. So your scan date started on the day they received all of your documents. In other words, a complete file.  :) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline
7 minutes ago, yoel said:

Wednesday will be week 8 for us, one more week and I will give them a call see if anything!!! 

Am thinking calling them before the 11 week they will say upto to 11 weeks but I guess it's good to call to know if the documents are in review department

for me since its 1 document to be review maybe I should wait on the ceac to check when its cc!

Timeline
4 hours ago, SP&SP said:

Am thinking calling them before the 11 week they will say upto to 11 weeks but I guess it's good to call to know if the documents are in review department

for me since its 1 document to be review maybe I should wait on the ceac to check when its cc!

I advise calling after 9 weeks (63 days) from scan date as that seems to be the average processing time. But they don't always tell you if it's under review... But, you have a checklist so I imagine your status already says "at nvc".  If so, Def call starting at 9weeks. 

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline
42 minutes ago, JBMG said:

I advise calling after 9 weeks (63 days) from scan date as that seems to be the average processing time. But they don't always tell you if it's under review... But, you have a checklist so I imagine your status already says "at nvc".  If so, Def call starting at 9weeks. 

Where I can see what my status say?!!

thanks

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline
45 minutes ago, JBMG said:

I had what’s considered a checklist and my status never changed to “at nvc

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
21 minutes ago, mriggs said:

April 11 Scan Date, was transferred to review department today according to operator at NVC.

Yes mine was sent to review today

scan date april 11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.