JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Just 3 cases left in March waiting for a CC.. So for sure we should start seeing them move on to April cases...  Some lucky ones already got their CC's. Happy for them but shoot, would be happy if many more April cases already had their CC's.. Good luck everyone. :)  Here's hoping for some more April CC's before end of the week. 

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hey everyone, still the same ceac and just called Nvc too! same information feels like the people working there are full of stress the representative was not very friendly 😕

Timeline
4 hours ago, SCanchola said:

Called this morning and was told my case was still waiting to be reviewed. Scan date: April 11

Thanks for calling and already updating the spreadsheet with your latest status. 

Looks like they're averaging about 69 days (just under 10 weeks) now to process... 

SD to CC - DAYS SD to CC - WEEKS 
69 9.86
68 9.71
67 9.57
62 8.86
69 9.86
69 9.86

Just added a column in our spreadsheet to calculate how many days it's been from our SD to Today.. 

Column "AG"

SD - Today (Days)

Hoping for some more CC's this week.. If not, we'll def have plenty next week if the trend continues.. Let's hope they speed up versus slow down.. 

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Got an email with a checklist. It's says he needs a police clearance report from Lebanon. Initially my lawyer said he wouldn't need that until the interview...so now I'm confused. Will this further delay our case until we mail that in?? Or can he just bring it to the interview?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 6/1/2017 at 4:03 PM, harpmi02 said:

Scan date:  4/18/2017

Our case is complete as of today 6/1/2017!!!!! FINALLY!!!!  Just got off the phone with the confirmation!!  Tears of joy for that representative!!  Praying for an interview date to come quickly!!

So fast! Congratulations! Gives me hope :rolleyes:

Timeline
2 hours ago, Mavikobalt said:

Our page just changed to "At NVC" and our AOS line is gone! Dare I hope we've got a CC? I'll call to confirm when they open!

Congrats @Mavikobalt!! After calling the NVC. please update the spreadsheet with your CC. Thank you !!

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

Timeline
25 minutes ago, Edwena said:

Got an email with a checklist. It's says he needs a police clearance report from Lebanon. Initially my lawyer said he wouldn't need that until the interview...so now I'm confused. Will this further delay our case until we mail that in?? Or can he just bring it to the interview?

Ahh.. So sorry Edwena..  Just saw your update on the spreadsheet.. That really sucks.. I'd call the NVC to find out if you can bring the police report to the interview.. Or maybe reach out directly to the US embassy there? This could help... Normally it will tell you in the letter if you can bring it to the interview... 

As you can see here from abfar checklist, it says "Do not send the corrected form and documents to NVC. Instead, give all requested documents to the visa applicant, who should present them to the consular officer during the visa interview."

Wishing you luck.. Really hope you can arrange something. 

21 hours ago, abfar said:

I just got a checklist email that I need to bring additional document to the interview.

Will we need to refill the i864 form or just need to the additional w2 form?

>>>> 

Regarding Your Form I-864 Affidavit of Support and Required Financial Evidence

===================================================================== ======

These instructions refer only to the Form I-864 completed by the financial sponsor named above.

The National Visa Center (NVC) reviewed your Form I-864 Affidavit of Support. This form had one or more sections with missing or incorrect information; was missing required supporting documents; or both. Please review the instructions below. You will need to correct your Form I-864 and collect missing documents as requested.

Do not send the corrected form and documents to NVC. Instead, give all requested documents to the visa applicant, who should present them to the consular officer during the visa interview. Don't forget to sign your Form I-864 by hand. Your signature cannot be typed or electronic. The applicant may bring a photocopy of the signed form to the interview.

Failure to submit the requested documents at the time of the visa interview can delay this case. If you need to complete a new Form I-864, you can access the form and instructions online at uscis.gov/i-864. Additional information can be found at nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish).

You do not need to contact NVC at this time. After we schedule the immigrant visa interview, we will send the applicant an appointment letter.

===================================================================== ======
Please make the below corrections to your Form I-864 or gather the requested financial evidence:

[x] You must submit the following financial evidence:
[x] A copy of every W-2 form that relates to your______________2016_____________________ tax returns. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Edwena said:

We got a checklist because NVC was missing pages of our police report (we sent all pages to them) NVC had us mail it to them instead of taking to interview. Does your email say you have to send to NVC or you can take it to the interview? I told our lawyer and I called NVC and NVC told us we had to send it to them before they could complete the case 😰

Timeline
7 hours ago, Brasil2014 said:

Hey everyone, still the same ceac and just called Nvc too! same information feels like the people working there are full of stress the representative was not very friendly 😕

Hang in there. Hopefully you'll get your CC this week.. Since you already know that your case is under review, no need to call as you're just waiting for the CEAC site to update to "At NVC".. Once that changes, then you call to confirm.. and CELEBRATE!! :)

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kadupul said:

We got a checklist because NVC was missing pages of our police report (we sent all pages to them) NVC had us mail it to them instead of taking to interview. Does your email say you have to send to NVC or you can take it to the interview? I told our lawyer and I called NVC and NVC told us we had to send it to them before they could complete the case 😰

It's says to mail it in 😭😭😭😭 I'm beyond pissed off right now. I'm going to give my lawyer hell when he gets into the office. I didn't pay him to screw this process up and delay us further. 😡

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kadupul said:

Hi, I don't see your name on our spreadsheet.. Have you had a chance to look at it?

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

Sorry about your checklist. Hopefully you'll get a CC very soon. 

Thank you, JBMG

Timeline
Just now, Edwena said:

It's says to mail it in 😭😭😭😭 I'm beyond pissed off right now. I'm going to give my lawyer hell when he gets into the office. I didn't pay him to screw this process up and delay us further. 😡

I can only imagine.. I would be in the same boat as you.. hopefully he has some connections to get the embassy to process it faster? Maybe ask the lawyer if you can somehow get your case expedited... Putting the pressure on him find a solution for you... Since it was his fault... 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JBMG said:

I can only imagine.. I would be in the same boat as you.. hopefully he has some connections to get the embassy to process it faster? Maybe ask the lawyer if you can somehow get your case expedited... Putting the pressure on him find a solution for you... Since it was his fault... 

Literally counting down the minutes until the office opens up...😡😡😡

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.