JBMG

NVC - April 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

1,184 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Jonuts11 said:

So my wife's passport expires February, 2018 and Im waiting for my case number should I try to get a new passport before we submit our documents?

You need a passport that has at least 6 months left on it. To be safe, if it takes a few days, you should get it renewed.

I renewed mine right before we submitted to NVC as mine had like 2-3 months left

Edited by abfar
Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

01/2016: Petition filed for my visa
02/2016: USCIS confirmed receiving our file/petition on 1st Feb.
04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
03/2017: Paid AoS and IV Bill
03/2017: Sent AoS and IV Packages via mail.
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

06/2017: 6th day of June, Case Completed - confirmed via phone

07/2017: Interviewed end of July 2017.

>> Passport with Visa received the next day of interview 

8/2017: POE via JFK

05/2020: N400 Filed

06/2021: Biometrics taken

02/2022: Interview Scheduled (Yes, after 22 months -.- )

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@Adreamer @Pinkypie @cadtousa @Brasil2014 @Edwena @jouneymyn @Mavikobalt 

@samaab87 @Dirrtin03 @chokey @Dre876 @mriggs @SCanchola

Click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

If your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. 

🤗⏳Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 with your latest status. ⏳🤗

Add a note. For example: "June 6 - Morning - Called, still not under review" (please put your date first)

Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

================================

Calling from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

--

Thanks you. And good luck. :)

JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
2 hours ago, JBMG said:

@Adreamer @Pinkypie @cadtousa @Brasil2014 @Edwena @jouneymyn @Mavikobalt 

@samaab87 @Dirrtin03 @chokey @Dre876 @mriggs @SCanchola

Click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Please call the NVC to confirm. 

See Example

If your status still reads "Action required: Submit requested documents", you can call the NVC to ask if your case is under review. 

🤗⏳Please update the NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 with your latest status. ⏳🤗

Add a note. For example: "June 6 - Morning - Called, still not under review" (please put your date first)

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

================================

Calling from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

--

Thanks you. And good luck. :)

JBMG

Still no update on the CEAC website. Today marks 9 weeks since my scan date. Other filers in the spreadsheet from this country have reported close to 10 weeks for a CC. Maybe by this time next week I'll have some good news.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, jouneymyn said:

Still no update on the CEAC website. Today marks 9 weeks since my scan date. Other filers in the spreadsheet from this country have reported close to 10 weeks for a CC. Maybe by this time next week I'll have some good news.

Have you called to see if your case is under review? If so, please update the spreadsheet with that info. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
14 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Have you called to see if your case is under review? If so, please update the spreadsheet with that info. 

My agent called on June 1. All they said was that it was currently not under review and processing time is up to 11 weeks. I will add the info in the spreadsheet.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, jouneymyn said:

My agent called on June 1. All they said was that it was currently not under review and processing time is up to 11 weeks. I will add the info in the spreadsheet.

Great, thank you for updating the spreadsheet. hopefully you'll get a CC very soon. :) 

Timeline

I just got a checklist email that I need to bring additional document to the interview.

Will we need to refill the i864 form or just need to the additional w2 form?

>>>> 

Regarding Your Form I-864 Affidavit of Support and Required Financial Evidence

===================================================================== ======

These instructions refer only to the Form I-864 completed by the financial sponsor named above.

The National Visa Center (NVC) reviewed your Form I-864 Affidavit of Support. This form had one or more sections with missing or incorrect information; was missing required supporting documents; or both. Please review the instructions below. You will need to correct your Form I-864 and collect missing documents as requested.

Do not send the corrected form and documents to NVC. Instead, give all requested documents to the visa applicant, who should present them to the consular officer during the visa interview. Don't forget to sign your Form I-864 by hand. Your signature cannot be typed or electronic. The applicant may bring a photocopy of the signed form to the interview.

Failure to submit the requested documents at the time of the visa interview can delay this case. If you need to complete a new Form I-864, you can access the form and instructions online at uscis.gov/i-864. Additional information can be found at nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish).

You do not need to contact NVC at this time. After we schedule the immigrant visa interview, we will send the applicant an appointment letter.

Please make the below corrections to your Form I-864 or gather the requested financial evidence:

[x] You must submit the following financial evidence:
[x] A copy of every W-2 form that relates to your______________2016_____________________ tax returns

Spoiler

Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up soon? Please join here: >> Islamabad Embassy Interview coming up.

04/2016: I-130 Approval email received from DHS towards early May, our case was approved end of April. 
04/2017: 5th day of April, NVC received package. Can take up to 11 weeks for CC according to nvc.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, abfar said:

I just got a checklist email that I need to bring additional document to the interview.

Will we need to refill the i864 form or just need to the additional w2 form?

>>>> 

Regarding Your Form I-864 Affidavit of Support and Required Financial Evidence

These instructions refer only to the Form I-864 completed by the financial sponsor named above.

The National Visa Center (NVC) reviewed your Form I-864 Affidavit of Support. This form had one or more sections with missing or incorrect information; was missing required supporting documents; or both. Please review the instructions below. You will need to correct your Form I-864 and collect missing documents as requested.

Do not send the corrected form and documents to NVC. Instead, give all requested documents to the visa applicant, who should present them to the consular officer during the visa interview. Don't forget to sign your Form I-864 by hand. Your signature cannot be typed or electronic. The applicant may bring a photocopy of the signed form to the interview.

Failure to submit the requested documents at the time of the visa interview can delay this case. If you need to complete a new Form I-864, you can access the form and instructions online at uscis.gov/i-864. Additional information can be found at nvc.state.gov/aos (English) or nvc.state.gov/aos/espanol (Spanish).

You do not need to contact NVC at this time. After we schedule the immigrant visa interview, we will send the applicant an appointment letter.

Please make the below corrections to your Form I-864 or gather the requested financial evidence:

[x] You must submit the following financial evidence:
[x] A copy of every W-2 form that relates to your______________2016_____________________ tax returns

I think from this letter, you just need your w2 forms. :) But I imagine you need to add that info (if not already there) to your i-864 form. I'd post the question on the following forum. Maybe someone else had a similar case. 

Meanwhile, Please update the spreadsheet with this update. 

Thank you and congrats once again. :) 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, JBMG said:

I think from this letter, you just need your w2 forms. :) But I imagine you need to add that info (if not already there) to your i-864 form. I'd post the question on the following forum. Maybe someone else had a similar case. 

Meanwhile, Please update the spreadsheet with this update. 

Thank you and congrats once again. :) 

thank you. I've posted in the interview thread. I'm going to update the spreadsheet 

Spoiler

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just called to see if our April 10th scan date was in review yet... a drone named Emmett with absolutely no personality said no, its in the mail room, its a busy place, call us back on the 26th to check if you haven't heard from us. i did say cases are being completed around ours do we have any idea when it will hit the review department in my very nice voice still, received the same answer... Its in the mail room, its a busy place, call us back on the 26th to check if you haven't heard from us. I'm sure he has a horrible day everyday at that job, but the drone in him doesn't make it any better... its a pretty straight forward financial filing. 1 job for 9 years, 2 people in my house hold, $60,000 a year... cant imagine it will take that long. 

Timeline
33 minutes ago, Dirrtin03 said:

I just called to see if our April 10th scan date was in review yet... a drone named Emmett with absolutely no personality said no, its in the mail room, its a busy place, call us back on the 26th to check if you haven't heard from us. i did say cases are being completed around ours do we have any idea when it will hit the review department in my very nice voice still, received the same answer... Its in the mail room, its a busy place, call us back on the 26th to check if you haven't heard from us. I'm sure he has a horrible day everyday at that job, but the drone in him doesn't make it any better... its a pretty straight forward financial filing. 1 job for 9 years, 2 people in my house hold, $60,000 a year... cant imagine it will take that long. 

Yeah, that sucks...more and more, seems like that don't want to tell us if our case is under review.. 

Regarding "a drone named Emmett with absolutely no personality" if you look at the reviews online.. doesn't look like they're too happy to work there.. 

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/National-Visa-Center/reviews

Hang in there.. almost there... Almost.. 

Meanwhile, Please update your notes in the spreadsheet. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

For example: "June 7 - Morning - Called, still not under review" (please put your date first)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Yeah, that sucks...more and more, seems like that don't want to tell us if our case is under review.. 

Regarding "a drone named Emmett with absolutely no personality" if you look at the reviews online.. doesn't look like they're too happy to work there.. 

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/National-Visa-Center/reviews

Hang in there.. almost there... Almost.. 

Meanwhile, Please update your notes in the spreadsheet. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire.

For example: "June 7 - Morning - Called, still not under review" (please put your date first)

updated and made a note in the awesome questionnaire!! I leave the Spreadsheet open most all day and refesh every few hours, so when poeple update its like getting a birthday present lol!!   thank you :D im sure its a horrible place to work!!! i hope we wont have to scan again... he has been hired at a job already and they are expecting him by end of August at the latest which is easily attainable if we don't have to scan anything extra... everything in the checklist was sent in + more, so i would ASSUME they don't.. but again, this is the american government. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.