Lemon23

I-751 May 2017 Filers

2,774 posts in this topic

Hey group! 

I just left USCIS from my passport stamp since my I-751 has not been adjudicated yet, the officer was super friendly and nice he took several mins to go through both my I-751 and N-400 he even called a colleague to get a second thought, he told me my I-751 is at the NBC center since I filled for N-400 and that I will be hearing any time soon about my appointment for the N-400 even possibly this week. He told me I will get a combined interview and that they were just waiting to get my I-751 file there at the local office to schedule the appointment and they will approve both. I will NOT receive a green card and let me keep my expired green card. 

15 minutes ago, Dann_tgh said:

Hey group! 

I just left USCIS from my passport stamp since my I-751 has not been adjudicated yet, the officer was super friendly and nice he took several mins to go through both my I-751 and N-400 he even called a colleague to get a second thought, he told me my I-751 is at the NBC center since I filled for N-400 and that I will be hearing any time soon about my appointment for the N-400 even possibly this week. He told me I will get a combined interview and that they were just waiting to get my I-751 file there at the local office to schedule the appointment and they will approve both. I will NOT receive a green card and let me keep my expired green card. 

damn,not sure if its good or bad.usually they do interviews for i 751 if they think its a fraud case,but i maybe wrong since you have n400 interview aswell so they just decided to wrap up both together while at it.either way good luck and hope you get citizenship soon.also wondering where is your field office? did you apply for n400 recently?

1 hour ago, Southshore79 said:

Just checked the app and new card is being produced 😀😀

432 days..

so relieved its all finally over. On to the N-400 now!

Thanks all for feedback I have read here since I joined!!

It's not over until you have the card in your hands...lol...I had my initial card going back and forth between USPS and USCIS for over 3 weeks before I got it in my hands.

Edited by designbg

1 minute ago, mrkrabbs said:

damn,not sure if its good or bad.usually they do interviews for i 751 if they think its a fraud case,but i maybe wrong since you have n400 interview aswell so they just decided to wrap up both together while at it.either way good luck and hope you get citizenship soon.also wondering where is your field office? did you apply for n400 recently?

Hey, 

yeah you are right and I asked a lot of quiestions while there to both IOS, they said that they will do a combined interview since they need to have the I-751 adjudicated in order to approve an N-400 and since mine is still pending, they need to do it in order to be able to able N-400 and not delay the approval any longer. The lady that was brought into the conversation (another io) said the I-751 interview is more for protocol and it takes about 5 min, the important interview is for the N-400. My local office is in Orlando Florida. I filed N-400 May 14 2018.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
35 minutes ago, designbg said:

It's not over until you have the card in your hands...lol...I had my initial card going back and forth between USPS and USCIS for over 3 weeks before I got it in my hands.

True that!

46 minutes ago, mrkrabbs said:

it is true they will definitely interview those cases that they suspect fraud, they also do random interview for i-751 cases as well

2 hours ago, Southshore79 said:

What I find interesting is that there is no status change on USCIS DHS website nor any notifications received! I found out on the app. Could be timing though. 

my experience is that egov account updates quicker than dhs account does, most of the time 

12 minutes ago, gc@gc said:

my experience is that egov account updates quicker than dhs account does, most of the time 

In my case, it is the opposite...last update DHS shows 2/26/18, USCIS 3/5/18. It took exactly 7 days before USCIS updated the same info on eGov.

2 minutes ago, designbg said:

In my case, it is the opposite...last update DHS shows 2/26/18, USCIS 3/5/18. It took exactly 7 days before USCIS updated the same info on eGov.

in your case, dhs updated on 2/26, and uscis (egov?) updated on 3/5 ? 

2 hours ago, xilef said:

Any CSC approvals so far from May 2017 ? If so, was your case trasnferred to NSC,TSC,VSC ? Again, this is calling all non-N-400 applicants ? I'm just trying to gauge the median when it comes to case approvals. It seems like right around March/April with the bulk of Jan/Feb filers being approved already 

There is no movement for me....

AOS from K1 :

Date Filed : 2014-09-08
NOA Date : 2014-09-16

Bio. Appt. : 2014-10-09

Early Bio : 2014-10-03

EAD & AP Approved : 2014-10-15

EAD & AP Received : 2014-10-23

Interview Waiver letter : 2015-02-25

Service Request via phone : 2015-07-24

Welcome Notice was mailed : 2015-07-30

Green Card Received : 2015-08-24

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, Blossom90 said:

Any late May filers here? Mine was received on May 30th, and I haven't heard from them since my biometrics last year. Thanks!

May 31st is when mine is logged. I am at CSC. No update so far. Haven't filled n400 yet

On 7/30/2018 at 8:24 PM, carapuce said:

Thanks for sharing this! Please keep us updated. 

My lawyer said it was a good sign. I just have no idea of how backlogged TSC is though. (I had only heard of VSC and CSC before)

So my husband had his infopass appointment today and got his stamp, good for 12 months.  He asked the IO about the transfer letter and pretty much just got, "something should happen soon, then".  He didn't really seem to know anything more.

When I checked the status online, it shows the last action was the transfer to another jurisdiction on 7/25/18, but this is what is shown below.  Hopefully that means sometime soon.  :) 

image.thumb.png.7359689fc3a9739733bb2c40f6411a66.png

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.