Lemon23

I-751 May 2017 Filers

2,774 posts in this topic

On 7/17/2018 at 8:37 PM, Novemberfiler said:

Oh david, you,he and everybody else should be worried. The policy is as clear as day, starting september 11, 2018 all applications will be affected, those that were filed before that date included, only exeption is daca filers before that date. It had nothing to do with initial review, that policy has always been implemented. When they recieve your case they look at it, if something is missing it gets rejected and sent back, no rfe or itd is sent. This policy is clearly talking about adjudicating an application. So yes what it means is that there will be tons of denials without any prior intent to deny or rfe notices being sent, think about how many people get rfe mainly and maybe few itd, now all of them will be denied starting september 11, 2018. The scary part is that its open to io interpretation as to how complete or incomplete is a case, just like the new question being added on n400 form, regarding committing or aiding in committing a crime or thinking about it, when asked about what would be considered a crime the uscis representative replied, driving 5miles over the speed limit could count. You shoud worry my friend and try not to speed

This updated guidance is effective September 11, 2018 and applies to all applications, petitions, and requests received AFTER the effective date. so this does not apply to any applicants prior to the effectivity day. 

On 7/27/2018 at 5:44 PM, florist said:

Hi VJ friends, 

We had our I751 interview (only I751) today and I am going to share our experience with you. I am a May 2017 filer at the CSC. My husband and I have been married for four years. The interview started with usual steps (fingerprints, oath, etc.), then the officer asked what documents we had to show that our marriage was genuine. We gave him our most recent lease and he asked for the previous ones. And we said the letter specifically stated not to bring the duplicates of already submitted documents. He checked the letter, saw the statement, and seemed bothered! He then asked for utility bills, we only had cell phone bills on shared family plan. Honestly, it never occurred to us to bring utility bills as we have set autopay for electricity and water, gas and trash is paid through our apartment complex. At this point he seemed very bothered, raised his voice and said how are you going to prove that you live there then?? I gave him the renter's insurance, and then car insurance (both under our names and sent to our current address. I don't understand why having IDs with the same address, lease, renter's insurance and all our bank statements sent to that address were considered insufficient in his opinion and he thought that a utility bill would have been an awesome proof... Anyways, then we gave him the statements for our saving account, he looked at the first page and said it doesn't have your names on it. I pointed him to the right section and he didn't say anything. Then we should him bank statements for two shared checking accounts, boarding passes from a recent trip, international tickets for an upcoming trip, some pictures with family members, friends holiday cards addressed to us, some love notes and greeting cards, and health insurance from employer listing spouse as a dependent and beneficiary. He asked what we do for our jobs, skimmed over some documents and wanted to leave that he told my husband "where's your ring?" He raised his left hand and showed him his ring and the officer said "aren't you supposed to wear it on the other hand?" at this point, I really didn't know what to say... Whenever we didn't here what he said and asked him to repeat it (he had an asian accent) he seemed extremely bothered, he rolled his eyes, and at one point he kinda yelled at my husband as if we were bad kids who were in trouble... He was pointlessly aggressive, grumpy, and untrusting. After he came back, he said "your marriage looks good, but I need to review it further before approval and you will get a decision in mail in 30 days". He also took my expired green card.

It was sad and disturbing to see that after 15 months, our file was untouched, no one had looked at our application, and he didn't even know what was written on the interview letter. I get that they want to weed out fake ones, but it shouldn't allow for bullying and aggression. My husband and I both are respected people in our fields and it was not a pleasant experience. I feel very down at the moment, I don't know what comes next and how long this non-sense back and forth is going to take, but whatever it is, we know that our marriage is genuine and so do our family and friends. 

Good luck to you all!

I feel like I am on the same boat as you.... and I don't even have utility bills to begin with because everything is included in the rent. All you can do is really show what you have (whatever that is) and your love for one another. He clearly had a bad day, but in the end, you showed him who has a better one 😉

Good luck!!!

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

11 hours ago, Tina and Johan said:

have you applied for your N-400?  

No ma’am.

Complete: AOS
Married 06/12/2014
08/02/14: Concurrent filing of i130, i485 and i765.

07/20/15: Green card received!! 

Complete: ROC

Package Mailed: 05/11/17

Received: 05/12/17

Money Order cashed: 05/12/17

NOA Received: 05/22/17

Biometrics Notice (dated): 5/20/17

Appt date: 06/05/17 (complete)

Approval notice: 9/11/2018 (received 9/15/2018)

Card received: 9/18/2018

😍02/05/19: Welcomed baby girl into our family 😍

Current: Naturalization

03/13/2019 - submitted online N400 and paid fee

03/26/2019 - received biometrics notice scheduled for 4/5

04/05/2019 - completed biometrics

10/12/2019 - received interview noticed scheduled for 11/16

11/16/2019 - interview

11/21/2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Hi Guys,

My update used to show on April 9,2018 "case was received at local office" now it updated to July 30,2018. Not sure what that means, anyone else had such an odd update before?

9 hours ago, Jane D said:

A lot of cases were transferred with July 25 date for May CSC filers. But the update showed up only today.

Mine was not transferred unfortunately ((( I have applied for N400, I wonder if that could be a reason (((.

Mine was not transferred either, but some cases before and after mine got some updates. it's like a random case selection...I have not applied for N-400.

2 hours ago, mrkrabbs said:

Hi Guys,

My update used to show on April 9,2018 "case was received at local office" now it updated to July 30,2018. Not sure what that means, anyone else had such an odd update before?

It probably means that they are working on your case @mrkrabbs, you are a vermont filer which makes sense as they are processing June/July 2017 filers at the VSC right now. Hang in there, you are almost done @!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 minutes ago, xilef said:

It probably means that they are working on your case @mrkrabbs, you are a vermont filer which makes sense as they are processing June/July 2017 filers at the VSC right now. Hang in there, you are almost done @!

Lot of us May filers still waiting....just sayin 🙄

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
33 minutes ago, designbg said:

Mine was not transferred either, but some cases before and after mine got some updates. it's like a random case selection...I have not applied for N-400.

Same here, 440 days and counting. I have filed for my n400 though. 

9 hours ago, Brian2772 said:

This updated guidance is effective September 11, 2018 and applies to all applications, petitions, and requests received AFTER the effective date. so this does not apply to any applicants prior to the effectivity day. 

yes indeed. At least some good news that it does not effect previously filed applications

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

I just received a letter from USCIS saying that they transferred my case from CSC to Texas Service Center. Is that a good or a bad news?

Edited by carapuce

ROC

05/08/17 MAILED BOX/APPLICATION

05/10/17 APP RECEIVED AT CSC

05/17/17 NOA1 DATED 05/10/17

05/30/17 BIOMETRICS 06/06/17

35 minutes ago, carapuce said:

I just received a letter from USCIS saying that they transferred my case from CSC to Texas Service Center. Is that a good or a bad news?

We got the same today. Hopefully it means they’ll actually do something with it now. 

My husband has an infopass appt on Wed to get a stamp in his passport, so he’s going to ask and see what they say about it then. 

Mar 2014 - Married

5/7/14?? - Attorney mailed paperwork

5/15/14 DHS cashed check

5/19/14 - NOA1 received with PD 5/12/14

10/17/14 - NOA2 received

10/28/14 - Email received that file has been sent to NVC

11/13/14 - NVC received file

12/10/14 - NVC Assigned case number

12/12/14 - AOS Fee Invoiced

12/13/14 - Submit email to NVC to remove attorney as DS-261 Agent

12/16/14 - AOS Fee showing as Paid

12/17/14 - IV Fee invoiced

12/20/14 - IV fee available and paid

12/27/14 - DS-260 submitted

1/2/15 - AOS and IV packages sent to NVC

1/5/15 - USPS delivered packages to NVC

1/7/15 - NVC scanned in packages. Let the countdown begin...

1/30/15 - FINALLY got a reply to my email to remove the attorney from the DS-261

3/9/15 - Called NVC and they have checklisted us for an "incorrect" decree absolute from the UK, even though it is the legal official document. Have requested a supervisor review.

4/28/15 - Called and NVC said supervisor had reviewed and now claimed that the decree absolute was not included. After disagreeing with the less than helpful lady on the phone, and her not being able to get the review time right. (She kept changing her story between 42 days and 30 days).

4/30/15 - Sent the same copy of the decree absolute to the NVC from the UK, highlighting the "decree absolute" wording with a letter stating that this is the only document provided by the UK government.

5/6/15 - Scan date for checklist received.

6/5/15 - Case complete!!!

6/12/15 - Called and interview is scheduled for July 1!

6/14/15 - Received email with interview date and instructions.

6/19/15 - Case showing as ready on CEAC.

7/1/15 - Approved at interview!!!

7/6/15 - CEAC changed to Administrative Processing

7/7/15 - CEAC changed to Issued!!!!!

7/10/15 - Passport and packet delivered!

7/29/15 - Husband entered with visa at Dallas/Fort Worth airport

9/29/15 - GC delivered!!!

5/4/17 - ROC packet sent via USPS

5/9/17 - Tracking shows delivered

5/17/17 - Check cashed

5/19/17 - NOA1 received with date of 5/8/17

5/27/17 - Biometrics appt received 6/8/17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
1 minute ago, mlh said:

We got the same today. Hopefully it means they’ll actually do something with it now. 

My husband has an infopass appt on Wed to get a stamp in his passport, so he’s going to ask and see what they say about it then. 

Thanks for sharing this! Please keep us updated. 

My lawyer said it was a good sign. I just have no idea of how backlogged TSC is though. (I had only heard of VSC and CSC before)

ROC

05/08/17 MAILED BOX/APPLICATION

05/10/17 APP RECEIVED AT CSC

05/17/17 NOA1 DATED 05/10/17

05/30/17 BIOMETRICS 06/06/17

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.