dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2017

1,170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, trininurse said:

Welcome back. Your positive energy was missed. :) 

@JessieABC is tracking May NVC scan dates. 

Join her forum here. 

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

You can add your scan dates here.

NVC Scan dates in May- Mail filers only. 

Your spreadsheet can be found here (bookmark this in your browser's favorites for a quick reference) 

May Scan Dates Spreadsheet

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
2 hours ago, trininurse said:

hey my screen is saying summi docs which was already done  my cc is the 2nd of may

so, you case is closed and you are waiting for the interview as well?

Timeline
2 hours ago, trininurse said:

hey can we get a screen shot ?

Hi Trininurse. we know now that the screens (in green) show a CC. It's been confirmed by several others with CC's. 

5913765a95370_NVCCaseStatusCheck.thumb.png.e4bc1f080eb696f5ce75073a71900808.png

Hello, 

If you have already called the NVC, have confirmed your scan date and you’re waiting for a CC. Click on the following links to check your IR-1/CR-1 visa case status:

Check My Visa Application Status

DS-260, Online Immigrant Visa and Alien Registration Application

If it says "At NVC" and your AOS information is missing.. Then you most likely have a completed case (CC)... Call the NVC to confirm. 

Calling from outside of the US

Best 5 Android Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Best 4 iPhone Apps to Make Free Calls to US

Phone Number

NVC - 603-334-0700 [HOURS: 7am - 12am (7h-24h) EST, M-F]

Best time to call: 7-8am or 11pm-12am (7h-8h or 23h-24h)

Current local time in Portsmouth NH (NVC)

Time Zone Converter

Menu

Press 1, for English

Press 2, for Spanish

After pressing 1 for English, the options are:

1, to verify priority date

2, to establish an agent, request fee bill or invoice number

3, to verify that they received your mail

4, to confirm date and time of interview

5, to update your mailing address, phone number, email address

6, if your case is at a US embassy or consulate overseas

7, for all other questions

Edited by JBMG

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, beppenyc said:

Gents, 

i check my CEAC and the only difference is that now i have Foreign State of Changeability in the top right, under Your Case is currently at  NYC.

I do have foreign state of chargeability on the top ride under your case is currently at NVC. Is that a good news? I think everyone has this. I don't expect my case to be completed this soon- scan date of March 22. Can someone check their ceac page to confirm everyone has that state of foreign chargeabilty status?

thanks! 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
Just now, beinlove said:

I do have foreign state of chargeability on the top ride under your case is currently at NVC. Is that a good news? I think everyone has this. I don't expect my case to be completed this soon- scan date of March 22. Can someone check their ceac page to confirm everyone has that state of foreign chargeabilty status?

thanks! 

i did not have  yesterday. I got it today 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, beinlove said:

thanks! 

I've got the same thing as you. Scan Date is March 20

USCIS

07/22/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS

07/25/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center

02/14/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved (205 Days after NOA1)

02/27/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

NVC

03/03/2017: I-130 received at NVC

03/06/2017: Case number assigned

03/10/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number & DS-261 Submitted

03/10/2017: Received & Paid AOS fees

03/14/2017: Received & Paid IV fees

03/16/2017: DS-260 available & submitted, AOS and IV packets sent to NVC

03/20/2017: Scan Date

05/22/2017: Case Complete (63 Days from Scan Date)

06/02/2017: Interview Notification received

06/22/2017:Biometrics done

07/01/2017: Medical done

07/11/2017: Interview in Mumbai (And 1st Marriage anniversary)

07/13/2017: Visa Received

07/27/2017: USA Entry

Removing Condition

04/22/2019: I-751 sent early 5 days

05/20/2019: Case was return back to me

05/30/2019: I-751 Delivered to TX (2nd time)

07/25/2019: Bio-metric completed

09/19/2019: Interview, Case Approved

09/26/2019: Green Card received 😀

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
48 minutes ago, JBMG said:

Welcome back. Your positive energy was missed. :) 

@JessieABC is tracking May NVC scan dates. 

Join her forum here. 

NVC - May 2017 Scan Dates - Method 4: Mail processing

You can add your scan dates here.

NVC Scan dates in May- Mail filers only. 

Your spreadsheet can be found here (bookmark this in your browser's favorites for a quick reference) 

May Scan Dates Spreadsheet

Hi JBMG, 

Remind me again, please, a scan date is the date the NVC says they have your IV and AOS packages? 

If so, ours is on February 20th. (Into which tracking page would we enter that info?)

We got a checklist on April 28th. So now.... how long after they receive our documents (haven't sent them yet) will we wait, (again)?

Thanks

Edited by SabrinaJerome

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Timeline
1 minute ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Hi JBMG, 

Remind me again, please, a scan date is the date the NVC says they have your IV and AOS packages? 

If so, ours is on February 20th. (Into which tracking page would we enter that info?)

We got a checklist on April 28th. So now.... how long after they receive our documents will we wait, (again)?

Thanks

I'm sorry about your check list. Is it not possible to bring the missing info/corrected info to your interview? If not, your new scan date +11 weeks will start when the NVC receives the new documents..  so sorry.. 

Timeline
11 minutes ago, beppenyc said:

i did not have  yesterday. I got it today 

No one knows what NVC does...really. I noticed that status last Friday and didn't care because my AOS was paid and not completed and visa status of submit requested docs. I will call to confirm later tonight.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
18 minutes ago, SabrinaJerome said:

Hi JBMG, 

We got a checklist on April 28th. So now.... how long after they receive our documents (haven't sent them yet) will we wait, (again)?

Thanks

15 minutes ago, JBMG said:

I'm sorry about your check list. Is it not possible to bring the missing info/corrected info to your interview? If not, your new scan date +11 weeks will start when the NVC receives the new documents..  so sorry.. 

Ugh. Thanks. Well, we have already been in the process for one year (I-130 May 2 2016 - Happy Anniversary Us!! -_-) so ... well, what can we do.

So what we are thinking is spending the summer together during the July-August timeframe as I will not be working. We just want to know when our interview might be scheduled so he wouldn't have to get back to the interview in Madrid in the middle of our vacation time. 

If it doesn't actually take 11 weeks, that could be a problem.

Any post-checklist wait time data available?

October 2011: Met in Spain

2012-2014: Video chat + visas + visits and vacations = we made it through!

June 2014: Moved to Spain, got engaged 

December 31, 2015: got married

April 20, 2016: sent I130 package

May 2, 2016: package received in Chicago Lockbox - - - 12 days for delivery!! Don't use TNT couriers!! 

May 2nd or 5th, 2016: email NOA1... accepted and sent to.... NEBRASKA 

And now.... breeeeeeathe..... be like water my friend....

October 26th, 2016: NOA2 [We had waited almost 6 months. Received notification from the phone app, never got an email.]

November 9th 2016: USCIS sent the petition to NVC (app notification) [waited 2 weeks after approval for this]

November 25th 2016: NVC received and created account for our petition [waited 16 days after USCIS sent it, for NVC to acknowledge receipt]

Dec 1st 2016: Chose agent online DS261 [a few days later than it could've been since the above NVC email went to SPAM!]

Dec 6th 2016: Case available for paying fees. That was fast, I think! 5 days!

Took a long time to get package out because... life... and husband's family in Morocco had to travel to get police document.

Feb 20th 2017: Scan date at NVC, received weird email.

April 28th 2017: CHECKLIST. Moroccans are required to send a Court Report regardless of Police Record status. My husband had to go back to Morocco to get it in person. Also, NVC wants a 2016 tax return now that is 2017. My bad.

September 15th 2017: 2nd Scan Date at NVC. Sent for document review October 20th.

Nov 10th 2017: Email requesting document be brought to interview. Will schedule interview.

Case complete date??: TBD :clock:.... November 8th!!

Interview date : January 18, 2018!!           Result: Administrative Processing      :mellow:

Embassy called for new medical last week of August. New Medical Sept 10.

Visa ISSUED September 14, 2018. :blink:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
9 hours ago, beppenyc said:

Gents, 

i check my CEAC and the only difference is that now i have Foreign State of Changeability in the top right, under Your Case is currently at  NYC.

Hello, first of all congratulations on your CC, and I found this info in another forum hope it helps, to my understanding the Foreign State of Chargeability means that the green card your applying for will be counted from the country you were born, not a big deal to me to be honest, anyway, hope you get an interview soon!!! 

“Chargeability” refers to the rules which are used to determine under which country you will be counted for green card purposes.There are certain categories under which you can obtain a “green card” (i.e., U.S. Permanent Residency) which do not have any limit on the number of green cards that are issued each year. For example, “immediate relatives” of U.S. Citizens (i.e., spouses of U.S. citizens, parents of U.S. citizens, and unmarried children under 21 years of age) are not subject to numerical quotas. 

However, most categories under which you can obtain a “green card” are only allocated a limited number of immigrant visas (“green cards”) each year, and there are country limits imposed as well (in order to prevent having all of the year’s green cards going to a few countries). For these types of categories, it is often important to determine under which country you will be counted because it could make a big difference in terms of how long you will have to wait for a green card. Normally, you are counted under the country in which you were born, subject to certain exceptions. The State Department explains these rules in general as follows:

Ordinarily an immigrant is chargeable for visa purposes to the numerical limitation for the foreign state or dependent area in which the immigrant's place of birth is located. Exceptions are provided for a child (unmarried and under 21 years of age) or spouse accompanying or following to join a principal to prevent the separation of family members, as well as for an applicant born in the U.S. or in a foreign state of which neither parent was a native or resident. Alternate chargeability is desirable when the visa cut-off date for the foreign state of a parent or spouse is more advantageous than that of the applicant's foreign state.

4 hours ago, beppenyc said:

no I just summited my docs my scan date was the 2nd may so I guess I have to wait 11 weeks so on the bright side 1 week down 10 to go :) did u get an interview date I really hope it doesn't take 11 weeks

4 hours ago, beppenyc said:

eeks no on the bright side 1 week is down :) 10 more to go

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.