dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2017

1,170 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@JBMG Hello! JBMG.

I found your chart flow very interesting because you sent out your documents before submitting DS-260.

I would love to send out my documents as soon as IV fee paid and then fill out DS-260 later if there is no problem with that. 

Didn't you have any problem with sending your documents and received by NVC  even before filling out DS-260?

What recommended was to send the documents to NVC after filling out DS-260. 

I'll wait for your answer. Thank you!!!

Called NVC today. The rep said they just forwarded my case to the review department today. Hope to get cc next week. 

2ND SCAN DATE- March 1

USCIS

(I-130 MOM)

08-01-2016 - I-130 SENT

08-08-2016 - NOA1

09-23-2016 - NOA2

NVC 

10-28-2016- AT NVC

12-08-2016- SCAN DATE (NVC)

01-20-2017- SUPERVISOR REVIEW

02-23-2017- CHECKLIST

03-01-2017- 2ND SCAN DATE

05-08-2017- CASE COMPLETE

05-12-2017- Interview assigned

05-16-2017- P4 letter received

06-22-2017- INTERVIEW ( MANILA EMBASSY) (CANCELLED DUE TO MEDICAL REASON

06-22-2017- NEW INTERVIEW DATE (PASSED)

08-25-2017- PORT OF ENTRY (LAX)

USCIS

I-130 (FOR DAD)

02-01-2018 - I-130 SENT

02-09-2018 - NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

@JBMG Hello! JBMG.

I found your chart flow very interesting because you sent out your documents before submitting DS-260.

I would love to send out my documents as soon as IV fee paid and then fill out DS-260 later if there is no problem with that. 

Didn't you have any problem with sending your documents and received by NVC  even before filling out DS-260?

What recommended was to send the documents to NVC after filling out DS-260. 

I'll wait for your answer. Thank you!!!

Hi, yes, once I paid my IV fee, I sent out my documents. Be sure to include the cover sheet with the bar code with your documents.  Your scan date will start once they have a complete file.. So if the NVC confirms receipt of your documents on May 10 but you complete your 260 on May 15, your scan date will be May 15th.  

Meanwhile, before sending it out. Look on your embassy's website to make sure you have all the correct supporting documents. For example, ours explained the type of birth certificate they wanted, etc..   Make sure to write/print your case number on the top right hand side of each document.

Best of luck. 

Timeline

Hi, yes, once I paid my IV fee, I sent out my documents. Be sure to include the cover sheet with the bar code with your documents.  Your scan date will start once they have a complete file.. So if the NVC confirms receipt of your documents on May 10 but you complete your 260 on May 15, your scan date will be May 15th.  

Meanwhile, before sending it out. Look on your embassy's website to make sure you have all the correct supporting documents. For example, ours explained the type of birth certificate they wanted, etc..   Make sure to write/print your case number on the top right hand side of each document.

Best of luck. 

I just realized you're from Canada. You'll be doing email processing/or even uploading.. so I don't think you need to write/print your case number on the top right hand side of each document.  Advice, make sure you send everything in one email to avoid any checklists. 

Timeline

Best of luck. 

Thank you so much for your quick response. So what you meant was that it doesn't matter if I send the documents(with bar-coded sheet) before filling out DS-260  because NVC will consider my files are completely submitted once they receive both my documents & DS-260.

According to a record, once you pay IV fee, it takes 2-3 days for DS-260 to be available.

So, I'll send my documents once IV fee is paid and then wait 2-3 days until DS-260 is available. 

Considering it takes 2-3 days for the documents to be delivered to NVC, I think it is good idea to send it out first then fill-out DS-260 , not waiting until DS-260 is available (OR do them on a same date) 

Am I getting it right?

Thank you JBMG. 

Edited by Min & Mark

Timeline

Thank you so much for your quick response. So what you meant was that it doesn't matter if I send the documents(with bar-coded sheet) before filling out DS-260  because NVC will consider my files are completely submitted once they receive both my documents & DS-260.

Considering it takes 2-3 days for the documents to be delivered to NVC, I think it is good idea to send it out first then fill-out DS-260 , not waiting until DS-260 is available (OR do them on a same date) 

Thank you JBMG. 

Honestly, If you're doing email. i would hold off on sending any documents before completing the ds-260, once you've completed the ds-260, then send out your email the same day with your documents. This way for sure you don't have to worry about getting a checklist. Email processing is so much faster than filing by mail..  

Check out this forum that I started for EP processing. :) And you'll see , they're getting CC within a week.. really fast..  

Edited by JBMG

Timeline

I just realized you're from Canada. You'll be doing email processing/or even uploading.. so I don't think you need to write/print your case number on the top right hand side of each document.  Advice, make sure you send everything in one email to avoid any checklists. 

I do live in Canada but I am Korean. I wonder if that makes any difference...

Does email processing depend on nationality or place of currently living...?

-ADD :  I live in Montreal, Canada and I never realized I am eligible to do EP .... I realized it today thanks to you. I always thought that EP is depending on nationality. I still need to look into it a lot more but i can't believe that I am eligible...

Edited by Min & Mark

Timeline

I do live in Canada but I am Korean. I wonder if that makes any difference...

Email processing depend on nationality or place of living?

Honestly i'm not sure what you do in that case.... Have you received your welcome letter? If your case number starts off with MTL, then you'll process the paperwork in Canada.. If you put your current address on our i-130 in Korea, then yeah, I imagine they'll want you to process through Korea... But if it was in Canada, then i guess you'll process in Canada.. You'll need police records from everywhere you lived for over 6 months.. Starting from the age of 16.. 

Timeline

Honestly i'm not sure what you do in that case.... Have you received your welcome letter? If your case number starts off with MTL, then you'll process the paperwork in Canada.. If you put your current address on our i-130 in Korea, then yeah, I imagine they'll want you to process through Korea... But if it was in Canada, then i guess you'll process in Canada.. You'll need police records from everywhere you lived for over 6 months.. Starting from the age of 16.. 

Hello again! :)

Regardless of nationality, if your interview goes in Canada, then I think this EP is applied. I haven't gotten case number since my petition was delivered on May 3. However, I am very sure my embassy is going to be Montreal and I'm currently living in Montreal.

I don't know how i can thank you for letting me know about this new system CEAC. 

Since this is a new system, I'm worried and thrilled at the same time. I'll join the group you created and share ideas with other people who will do CEAC. 

Thank you again. 

Timeline

Hello again! :)

Regardless of nationality, if your interview goes in Canada, then I think this EP is applied. I haven't gotten case number since my petition was delivered on May 3. However, I am very sure my embassy is going to be Montreal and I'm currently living in Montreal.

I don't know how i can thank you for letting me know about this new system CEAC. 

Since this is a new system, I'm worried and thrilled at the same time. I'll join the group you created and share ideas with other people who will do CEAC. 

Thank you again. 

Here is the forum for CEAC uploaders. :-)

With my CC Mar 1, and getting an intw expedite approved end April - its so upsetting to see no update yet on inte date.

My file reached AuH on Sunday morning, our week is now over / so much for an intw expedite already 2 months over CC 😢

No one from Abu Dhabi or UAE i guess still waiting right?

please hang on, you'd get it pretty soon :)

Update! 

Scan date 2/23/17

CC 5/2/17

called today and got interview scheduled already! 

Interview Date 6/13/17

For Juárez 

congrats :)

Congrat!!! did you call the same number was the option #4. I am trying to call to confirm the interview date.

you may press any number :) just ask them about the status of interview :)

ROC

March 3, 2019    90 days window open

March 12, 2019. Package sent via USPS Priority Mail

March 15, 2019  12:08PM Delivered as per USPS Tracking / USCIS website too

March 21, 2019  Text message from USCIS - MSC****

March 21, 2019  cashed check

March 25, 2019 received NOA I-797,  extension letter, notice date 03/20/2019

April 5, 2019 received biometrics schedule 

April 19, 2019 biometric schedule

June 5, 2019 Case is ready to be scheduled for an Interview

Sept 29, 2020 received letter of appointment for interview]

Oct 7, 2020 interview - approved (uscis tracker saya new card is being produced)

Oct 8 , 2020 - uscis updated to Case Completed

Oct 12, 2020 - received hardcopy - NOA case completed
Oct 13 2020 - card was mailed to me expected delivery Oct 19

Oct 16, 2020 - received 10yr Expiration - GC 

N-400 Honolulu Office

April 04, 2021 - filed online paid using CC

April 05, 2021 - online says notice was emailed, biometric reuse 

April 12, 2021 - received the hard copy of notice and biometric reuse

May 21, 2021 - online update, interview scheduled

June 28, 2021 - interview and ceremony Approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Called NVC today. The rep said they just forwarded my case to the review department today. Hope to get cc next week. 

2ND SCAN DATE- March 1

Good Luck!!

Case completed 5 de mayo! Scan date February 27. 

Congratulations!!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

Ours still waiting to review  🙄

My husband submitted his AOS and tracking said NVC received April 17, 2017 but still 

"Submit requested docs"  🙄

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Ours still waiting to review  🙄

My husband submitted his AOS and tracking said NVC received April 17, 2017 but still 

"Submit requested docs"  🙄

it will stay like that until you get a cc. after the cc, it will change to "at nvc". so that's how you tell if your case is completed or not. if the tracking says it is delivered on apr 17th, you should call nvc to confirm and get your scan date. scan date wont necessarily be the same date as delivery date because scan date is when the nvc scanned your documents into their system. good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.