dwheels76

NVC Filers - May 2017

1,170 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, BlessingDawn said:

I called NVC today at 7 am. The lady was very rude and laughed at me for asking if my case is in the review department. She asked me why I thought ("why would you even consider") it'd be in the review department with my scan date being March 29. I had called on March and three times in April just to reassure myself that they had received my packet (supporting and financial documents) and there is nothing else I could do. I cried for an hour after talking to her. I was very nice on the phone, wished her a good morning and asked how her day was going and everything and she treat me like I'm so stupid for calling to find out about my case. 😞

8 weeks this Wednesday. Scan date: March 29. 

I know, 11 weeks... But I felt so embarrased like I did something horribly wrong for calling. 😞

Hi,

Please do not get stressed by such encounter. Most of them are rude as they get 100 of same calls. But if you call 2-3 times then may be you get a better person and they can give you a better reply. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline
1 hour ago, BlessingDawn said:

I called NVC today at 7 am. The lady was very rude and laughed at me for asking if my case is in the review department. She asked me why I thought ("why would you even consider") it'd be in the review department with my scan date being March 29. I had called on March and three times in April just to reassure myself that they had received my packet (supporting and financial documents) and there is nothing else I could do. I cried for an hour after talking to her. I was very nice on the phone, wished her a good morning and asked how her day was going and everything and she treat me like I'm so stupid for calling to find out about my case. 😞

I know, 11 weeks... But I felt so embarrased like I did something horribly wrong for calling. 😞

I'm sorry you got ahold of such a ugly person. I don't see how someone can be so rude to someone they don't know. I think that's why I have refrained from calling. Last thing I need to do is release all my stress on the wrong person at the wrong time. Keep your head up don't let  that get you down. When it's all over that person and Thier meaness won't matter! ❤

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
1 hour ago, BlessingDawn said:

Hang in there. From the spreadsheet, it Looks like 9 + weeks. 

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline
6 hours ago, BlessingDawn said:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. You did nothing wrong. I had seen some CCs later than my scan date so I called yesterday too just to check (that pesky little thing called hope. sigh) There was no update because I'm only on week 8 too. l have decided to just wait out the eleven weeks without calling so that I don't overwhelm them, or get discouraged (unless of course the CCs start coming in sooner .lol).Hang in there, the dates are getting close. Eventually the whole thing will be done.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
28 minutes ago, beppenyc said:

i am not in the list, do you want to send my questionnaire?

Yes :) 

Please visit the following, this will update the spreadsheet with your info. 

NVC Case Status Questionnaire -  2017

VERY IMPORTANT: please keep your confirmation email to edit your status as your case moves along.. Yes, You CAN bookmark the questionnaire link but only after opening it up via email. I have no access to resend your original questionnaire to you. Here are instructions on how to edit/save the questionnaire

If you have lost your questionnaire, you can redo it, I'll delete the duplication.

Thank you, JBMG

NVC Case Status Spread Sheet -  2017 (save this link in your browser) 

Edited by JBMG

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
11 hours ago, dream4200 said:

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. You did nothing wrong. I had seen some CCs later than my scan date so I called yesterday too just to check (that pesky little thing called hope. sigh) There was no update because I'm only on week 8 too. l have decided to just wait out the eleven weeks without calling so that I don't overwhelm them, or get discouraged (unless of course the CCs start coming in sooner .lol).Hang in there, the dates are getting close. Eventually the whole thing will be done.

You definitely did nothing wrong. You just got a snarky agent who was rude to you without absolutely no cause. I have not found the standard of agents working at the NVC to be particularly high. I am guessing it is not a well paid job as they do not seem to enjoy it.

Edited by enigma3650

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
7 minutes ago, enigma3650 said:

You definitely did nothing wrong. You just got a snarky agent who was rude to you without absolutely no cause. I have not found the standard of agents working at the NVC to be particularly high. I am guessing it is not a well paid job as they do not seem to enjoy it.

Some of them are really good from my experience. But some others oh gosh.

Hi there,

Just wanted to say this forum pretty much saved me from a mental break down. I was getting so frustrated as I'm entering the 9th week (scan date was 3/27) and I was googling everything under the sun to see if anybody else was experiencing the same thing I was. 

I know a family friend that went through the process a few years ago and she said everything was so quick and smooth so naturally I thought there was something wrong with my case since it's been so long.

So, so glad I found this forum and how detailed everything is. It gives me a little peace of mind to know we're all in the same boat. 

I did just speak to someone at the NVC and my case is still pending review/currently being reviewed. The man I spoke to was really nice, but he couldn't tell me exactly if my case is currently being review or really close to being reviewed. 

Regardless, he did say that it does take up to 11 weeks, blah..blah...blah. He did give me a little bit of hope, though, when he said that even though they say 11 weeks, it should be sooner than that. 

Fingers crossed I'll get that email either this week or next.  

1 hour ago, benci said:

Hi there,

Just wanted to say this forum pretty much saved me from a mental break down. I was getting so frustrated as I'm entering the 9th week (scan date was 3/27) and I was googling everything under the sun to see if anybody else was experiencing the same thing I was. 

I know a family friend that went through the process a few years ago and she said everything was so quick and smooth so naturally I thought there was something wrong with my case since it's been so long.

So, so glad I found this forum and how detailed everything is. It gives me a little peace of mind to know we're all in the same boat. 

I did just speak to someone at the NVC and my case is still pending review/currently being reviewed. The man I spoke to was really nice, but he couldn't tell me exactly if my case is currently being review or really close to being reviewed. 

Regardless, he did say that it does take up to 11 weeks, blah..blah...blah. He did give me a little bit of hope, though, when he said that even though they say 11 weeks, it should be sooner than that. 

Fingers crossed I'll get that email either this week or next.  

I look at these forums many times per day checking on other people's progress.   You should go to the March 2017 scan date forum and also post your information on the nvc questionnaire.   Good luck.  It should be soon.

USCIS
01/03/2017: I-130 sent to USCIS
01/16/2017: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS California Service Center
02/09/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

NVC
02/20/2017: Case number assigned
03/04/2017: Received DS-261 / AOS Bill
03/04/2017: Pay AOS Bill 
03/04/2017: Submit DS-261
03/08/2017: Receive IV Bill 
03/10/2017: Pay IV Bill
03/23/2017: Send AOS and IV Package :    2017-03-23
03/24/2017: Scan date
03/25/2017: Expedite Request
03/28/2017: NVC forwarded expedite request to embassy
03/30/2017: Embassy expedite approved

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.