dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2017

837 posts in this topic

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the interview appointment letter in the email?

Our interview date was scheduled on May 5th for June 6th and still haven't heard anything so it's been more than a week now.

We are getting worried because we can't schedule the medical without the appointment letter. 

We called NVC multiple times and they mentioned that they have notified the supervisor but still no progress.

Anyone in a similar situation?

13 minutes ago, Nike&Clarks said:

Does anyone know how long it takes to get the interview appointment letter in the email?

Our interview date was scheduled on May 5th for June 6th and still haven't heard anything so it's been more than a week now.

We are getting worried because we can't schedule the medical without the appointment letter. 

We called NVC multiple times and they mentioned that they have notified the supervisor but still no progress.

Anyone in a similar situation?

I haven't received mine either but was able to book the medical no problem. They didn't even ask for my case number but it could depend on the country. I think they're quite slow with sending the email. 

Just now, Frustrated74 said:

I haven't received mine either but was able to book the medical no problem. They didn't even ask for my case number but it could depend on the country. I think they're quite slow with sending the email. 

Where did you book your medical? I'm trying to book in a clinic in Melbourne and they are being really strict and are not allowing to book without the appointment letter.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, thegreatphoenix said:

Hello everyone! Just a quick update. It's been 21 days since I entered the US. Yesterday, I got my green card in the mail so that took about 3 weeks from POE for them to get the card to me. Still no social security number yet, which in hindsight I should have made sure that the immigration officer took note that I DID request my social security number when I filled out my DS-260. As it says in the wiki on the front page of this thread, that online request for social security number on the DS-260 only works sometimes, and if you don't receive yours within 21 days you should probably go in person to the nearest office. I will be doing just that tomorrow as I have been unable to make any official bank transactions/account changes, driving permit matters, and job applications without my social security number. Gotta have that number ASAP!

Congratulations to everyone who has received their case complete's, interview dates, and interview approvals. Just a few more steps before the grand POE! Good luck to everyone! :D 

Congratulations!!

USCIS
08/15/2016: I-130 sent to USCIS
08/18/2016: NOA1, I-130 received at USCIS Nebraska Service Center
02/17/2017: NOA2, I-130 approved 

02/24/2017: Notification received on App (I130 Approved)
02/26/2017: Approved I-130 sent to NVC

02/28/2017: (NOA2) Notification received via snail mail.

NVC
03/06/2017: Case number assigned
03/11/2017: Received email with case number and invoice number
03/11/2017: DS 261 Completed

03/11/2017: AOS fees paid

03/17/2017:IV Fees Paid

03/23/2017: DS 260 Submitted

03/23/2017: AOS & IV Package sent

03/27/2017: Scan date

05/30/2017: Case Complete

06/02/2017: Received Interview date over Phone(scheduled to Jul 17th)

06/03/2017: Received P4 letter over email confirming the Interview date

06/08/2017: Medical done

07/16/2017: Biometrics scheduled

07/17/2017: Interview in Mumbai

07/17/2017: Visa Approved

07/19/2017: Passport received at VAC, Intimation received.

07/20/2017: Passport in Hand

8 minutes ago, Nike&Clarks said:

Where did you book your medical? I'm trying to book in a clinic in Melbourne and they are being really strict and are not allowing to book without the appointment letter.

Oh that's weird. With sonic health. The woman was very casual about it. The details are on the pre-interview checklist for Sydney on the NVC website. There's two different ones. One in Toorak and one in the city. 

Phone number is 1300 763 822 (that's the number in my confirmation email)

7 minutes ago, Frustrated74 said:

Oh that's weird. With sonic health. The woman was very casual about it. The details are on the pre-interview checklist for Sydney on the NVC website. There's two different ones. One in Toorak and one in the city. 

Phone number is 1300 763 822 (that's the number in my confirmation email)

Thanks! Will try them tomorrow!

Waiting on the embassy for my status to change to "Issued". It has been 2 business days since the interview and they say it takes 5-7 business days to get the visa at DHL. Hoping to have the visa in hand sooner than later.

Edited by cordoba2015

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-5 Country: Chile
Timeline
1 hour ago, cordoba2015 said:

Waiting on the embassy for my status to change to "Issued". It has been 2 business days since the interview and they say it takes 5-7 business days to get the visa at DHL. Hoping to have the visa in hand sooner than later.

Congrats!!!  You are at the very end of the journey!!!!  Have you posted your consulate review yet?  I just want to be sure I do not miss it.  My mom is going for her interview on 6/21 in Santiago, Chile.  I assume that the process is similar to Buenos Aires.  Thanks and good luck coming to the U.S.!!

19 hours ago, za3bour said:

CC on May 8th

Interview letter sent May 15th

Interview date June 22nd 

congrats! Is your interview scheduled in Riyadh? 

Just now, za3bour said:

Yes it is in Riyadh 

Great! My husband will also be interviewed in RIyadh embassy ( whenever it happens). Please let me know the experience and  how it goes. Thanks 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Syria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Mojk said:

Great! My husband will also be interviewed in RIyadh embassy ( whenever it happens). Please let me know the experience and  how it goes. Thanks 

Sure

I will update the post after we finish. Good luck for you 

35 minutes ago, Eastern023 said:

Congrats!!!  You are at the very end of the journey!!!!  Have you posted your consulate review yet?  I just want to be sure I do not miss it.  My mom is going for her interview on 6/21 in Santiago, Chile.  I assume that the process is similar to Buenos Aires.  Thanks and good luck coming to the U.S.!!

Yep, I posted a complete review on my profile. I made sure to include the details that others didn't include in their reviews that I would have liked to know beforehand.

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

19 hours ago, Wizzle said:

Thanks for sharing this link.... It would not allow Immigrant Visa type to proceed for some reason. It will only allow Non-immigrant to register!

Have you called the Embassy in Lagos? Perhaps they can help you with this issue. 

22 hours ago, za3bour said:

CC on May 8th

Interview letter sent May 15th

Interview date June 22nd 

21 hours ago, Charlie_AnaLynn said:

We received our appointment email today!!! Seven days exactly from CC. Interview is for June 27. 

Wishing everyone good luck!

Congratulations to @za3bour and @Charlie_AnaLynn on your CC and coming interviews. Wish you all the best of luck. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.