dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview June 2017

837 posts in this topic

20 minutes ago, Eddy 49 said:

@Ahmed & AmyHi is your ceac changed to ready

Not yet :( Still waiting. Called embassy and was told only to email. Had Ahmed email and they have not responded. Contacted NVC again and they said this is normal, but if we do not see a change by next week then to contact the US Embassy in Cairo again. 

8 hours ago, cordoba2015 said:

Hey folks, just thought I would update you all on our situation. We called DHL yesterday morning to request delivery the same day, since the passport was already in the system. We did not want to have to wait the whole weekend for the passport. Estimated delivery date was for Monday, but customer service was able to get our passport delivered yesterday! They said because we had travel plans and it was a visa, they had no problem sending it out earlier. What a relief!

We picked up the visa yesterday and immediately purchased flight tickets for last night. We found very cheap tickets with a very good airline and arrived in Dallas this morning! POE was a breeze, we arrived at 5am and went through without any lines. Now waiting here to take our connecting flight home! What a journey it has been, VJ has been an invaluable resource for us. So glad to be back in the USA!

Congrats!  And welcome back to the U.S.    My wife and I will be flying back to Houston this Saturday.  I pray her entry goes smooth also!  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
9 hours ago, cordoba2015 said:

arrived in Dallas this morning! POE was a breeze, we arrived at 5am and went through without any lines.

Thanks for the update about POE.  My wife will be arriving in Dallas in about a month..........Congratulations!!

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

3 hours ago, Dee elle said:

Our POE last September was also DFW.. our experience was as positive and simple as the others here... almost surreal after the roller coaster journey of the previous 12 minths. 

Surreal is the perfect word to describe the last 24 hours!

CR-1 Visa Timeline

USCIS

7/27/2016: I-130 mailed.

8/02/2016: NOA1.

2/17/2017: NOA2.

2/24/2017: I-130 sent to NVC.

NVC

3/03/2017:  I-130 received.

3/09/2017: Case # and invoice # received, AOS and IV fees paid.

3/16/2017: DS-260 submitted; AOS and IV packets sent with EP.

4/06/2017: Case complete.

Consulate

4/15/2017: Interview email (P4).

5/09/2017: Medical.

5/15/2017: Interview.

5/19/2017: Visa in hand.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

USA

5/20/2017: POE.

6/10/2017: Green card received.

7/05/2017: SSN card received (had to apply in person).  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lifting Conditions

4/19/2019: Filed I-751

5/01/2019: NOA (CSC)

7/22/2019: Case transferred to National Benefits Center

12/20/2019: Biometrics Appointment

2/12/2020: Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cyprus
Timeline

Visa status changed first to "Administrative processing" and then to "Issued" within the same day (today). The embassy also gave me a phonecall to let me know that I could pick up my documentation. I think we dont have as many applications here as other embassies/countries so things are a bit more direct in terms of communication and assistance. So happy this is almost over.

28 minutes ago, penelope_Cy said:

Visa status changed first to "Administrative processing" and then to "Issued" within the same day (today). The embassy also gave me a phonecall to let me know that I could pick up my documentation. I think we dont have as many applications here as other embassies/countries so things are a bit more direct in terms of communication and assistance. So happy this is almost over.

Congrats!

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
40 minutes ago, penelope_Cy said:

Congratulations! 

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

I called my embassy in regards to a question I have and they wanted my case number or husbands passport information. I did not provide that information because i don't understand why they would need it for a general question. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ulovelexy said:

I called my embassy in regards to a question I have and they wanted my case number or husbands passport information. I did not provide that information because i don't understand why they would need it for a general question. 

I had a similar issue, when my case wasnt scheduled for an interview yet, the embassy wouldn't answer any questions. I think it's just their way of not wasting time answering a million questions from people who would rather phone than just look at their website. Means people who have specific and legitimate questions have to jump through more hoops but saves them time processing. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Hi guys , my case was expedite today , does anyone knows how to track the package with DHL and do you think if I'll call the NVC they will give me the tracking number . Thank you 

11 hours ago, beppenyc said:

Every Embassy is different, @trininurse, prepare yourself because the one in Port of Spain is one of the slowest and disorganized!!!

Thank you

a'ready frustrated but I did check other timelines and they got there interview within 1 month of cc

Turns out there are still interview appointments being cancelled due to a 'system error'.  It happened to a fellow Australian yesterday and their interview was the same day as mine (June 6).  Slightly worried but I haven't heard from the NVC.  My status on CEAC now says READY, so do you think I am safe??  Has anyone else received a cancellation email this week?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.