DGTB

Washington, DC Field Office Filers

1,041 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Not directly relevant to case status, but seems the best place to ask a DC-specific question...

My husband got his DC driver's license while on the extension letter and it was only valid for 5 months (when the extension expires).  Does anyone know the process for extending the license validity when he gets his new 10 year green card in the mail?

I-130

May 14, 2016: Sent I-130 Package to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 21, 2016: NOA2 Notice by App (LIN)

NVC

Nov 8, 2016: NVC Received

Nov 16, 2016: Case Number Assigned

Nov 18, 2016: DS-261 submitted and AOS fee paid

Dec 5, 2016: NVC Scan Date

Dec 6, 2016: NVC 3 N/A and Case Complete on Phone [1 day later!]

Dec 13, 2016: NVC CC e-mail

Jan 23, 2017: Interview...Approved!

Removing Conditions

Nov 2, 2018: Sent I-751 to Arizona Lockbox 

March 3, 2020: Approved by CSC

N-400

Feb 2, 2020: File N-400 online

Feb 25, 2020: Biometrics

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, AstroCanada said:

Not directly relevant to case status, but seems the best place to ask a DC-specific question...

My husband got his DC driver's license while on the extension letter and it was only valid for 5 months (when the extension expires).  Does anyone know the process for extending the license validity when he gets his new 10 year green card in the mail?

U need to go to DMZ and get the licence renewed.

Hey guys, so my interview went very well. My interview was scheduled at 1, we got their around 12:45 pm. We checked in and waited about 15-20 minutes and interview officer called our name. 

My ROC interview wasn't done prior to my citizenship interview. So me and my husband went together, IO was very nice to us. She did our combo interview. First 10 minutes she did ROC interview, general questions like you guys live together, do you have joint property together, is they a further family plan, etc. Then she ask my husband if he can sit in the back, while she did my N400 interview. She went over the forms first, make sure everything was in order and then we did test. She asked me couple of civics questions - I got first 6 right so she stopped asking further questions. Then she did a quick english test, read a sentence from computer and then write it on their test iPad. Then reviewed the forms further and we were done. She said I passed both the interview but she can't make decision right now because they are still waiting for ROC file, once it's approved I will receive Oath ceremony letter in mail. It may take 10-15 days for Oath Ceremony letter. And by 2 PM we were back in our car.

Some of the questions that I remember from interview:

1) What is the rule of law?

2) Name one power that belongs to state?

3) Who lived in America before the colonist?

4) Why did colonist fought the British?

5) When is our independence day?

6) What did Susan B. Anthony do?

FYI - we took bunch of documents, print outs, originals and copies. She didn't ask for any of it. The only thing she asked for was - Interview Letter, my Green Card, my Passport, drivers license and my husband's drivers license. 

Hopefully Oath Ceremony gets scheduled soon, can't wait to be done with this waiting process!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, kzin said:

Hey guys, so my interview went very well. My interview was scheduled at 1, we got their around 12:45 pm. We checked in and waited about 15-20 minutes and interview officer called our name. 

My ROC interview wasn't done prior to my citizenship interview. So me and my husband went together, IO was very nice to us. She did our combo interview. First 10 minutes she did ROC interview, general questions like you guys live together, do you have joint property together, is they a further family plan, etc. Then she ask my husband if he can sit in the back, while she did my N400 interview. She went over the forms first, make sure everything was in order and then we did test. She asked me couple of civics questions - I got first 6 right so she stopped asking further questions. Then she did a quick english test, read a sentence from computer and then write it on their test iPad. Then reviewed the forms further and we were done. She said I passed both the interview but she can't make decision right now because they are still waiting for ROC file, once it's approved I will receive Oath ceremony letter in mail. It may take 10-15 days for Oath Ceremony letter. And by 2 PM we were back in our car.

Some of the questions that I remember from interview:

1) What is the rule of law?

2) Name one power that belongs to state?

3) Who lived in America before the colonist?

4) Why did colonist fought the British?

5) When is our independence day?

6) What did Susan B. Anthony do?

FYI - we took bunch of documents, print outs, originals and copies. She didn't ask for any of it. The only thing she asked for was - Interview Letter, my Green Card, my Passport, drivers license and my husband's drivers license. 

Hopefully Oath Ceremony gets scheduled soon, can't wait to be done with this waiting process!!

Congratulations and thanks for sharing.!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 6:39 PM, Dreamerr said:

Thank you, yes i agree, they need to find a way to approve cases reviewed by the Jr officers.  One thing slightly bothers me is, not everyone is going through this stress, it is matter of your luck ( it is not fair if you ask me), Irrespective of your case is being handled by Jr or not, timeline for the approval should be same across the board.  Apparently i didn't choose that particular officer, it is matter of 1 minute, had i waited bit longer to check in, my application would have picked by someone else. And things would have been different right now. Anyway, it is what it is 🙂

They finally approved my application, exactly after two months of my interview date. I honestly gave up and getting my self ready for  long haul. I don't know why they took so long to provide the approval, but it is matter of luck. But , i am glad it is over. Now, i will need to wait for Oath letter.  

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Has anyone had any feedback from USCIS in Washington other than cancelled interviews? Are they still processing applications? Or will everything just be moved towards the right?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
3 hours ago, R&OC said:

Has anyone had any feedback from USCIS in Washington other than cancelled interviews? Are they still processing applications? Or will everything just be moved towards the right?

I received the cancellation notice last week and nothing after that. USCIS extended the closure until May 3 so I don’t think we will hear anything from them until May 4 at least if they don’t extend it again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I had assumed USCIS would still work on the application packages and continue background checks etc. And what I thought would happen is that the in person contact would be postponed but the administrative work continues. However, it seems that pretty much everything is at a standstill.

• 1 month later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Has anyone had any contact with DC office since they shutdown with Covid 19?
Still waiting for Oath Ceremony for parents to be rescheduled it was cancelled in March 2 days before it was due
I see some other offices are restarting ceremonies 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 5/15/2020 at 2:41 PM, SONG41 said:

Has anyone had any contact with DC office since they shutdown with Covid 19?
Still waiting for Oath Ceremony for parents to be rescheduled it was cancelled in March 2 days before it was due
I see some other offices are restarting ceremonies 

Nothing yet. Waiting for my interview to be rescheduled. I saw in other forum many people got their interview and oath ceremonies rescheduled for next week and early June in many states. Not sure if we will hear from DC field office soon since Virginia is still under stay at home order.

1 hour ago, Sam90210 said:

Nothing yet. Waiting for my interview to be rescheduled. I saw in other forum many people got their interview and oath ceremonies rescheduled for next week and early June in many states. Not sure if we will hear from DC field office soon since Virginia is still under stay at home order.

Same situation here, Northern Virginia is planning to reopen in two weeks. Hope they can start scheduling things soon since the appointments are usually scheduled a month in advance. 

Edited by Valor
N400

11.06.2019...........Application Submitted Online
11.16.2019............Receive Biometrics Letter in mail
11.29.2019............Biometrics done
08.17.2020............Interview Scheduled

09.21.2020............Interview, approved

09.22.2020............Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.