smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Another week gone with no NOA2. Thought that this was the week just like the weeks before and no NOA2. Trying to fight being sad and depressed but I can't. 

Looking at the calendar and just did the calculations. IF I get the NOA2 this week, with the NVC now also being in a backlog and it taking 6 weeks to get a case number, my fiance won't get an interview scheduled until FEBRUARY....FREAKING FEBRUARY!!! That will make this 9 whole months from beginning to end!!!! Only 3 months shy of a year, but again that's IF I get the NOA2 this week!!!! For every week that passes is a week taken away!!!

As I type this, the tears fall down my face and I keep saying to myself, "I should have did the spousal visa like we originally planned to do".

My family and friends look at me like I'm crazy to go through something like this. I fight against them trying to prove that he isn't the stereotype that others have built up in society.  But the US government makes it damn hard to fight those stigmas. They raised the fee and the process takes longer. My tax paying money is paying for tier 1 and tier 2 to get paid to do nothing because they have a pointless job! But yet the CSC and NVC are understaffed with ill-experienced employees. Again, my tax money going to waste!!!

Next Friday will be my 200th day and in my heart I feel I will lose another week with no approval!!! 

Praying for your approval next week. No rfe you don't deserve another weeks of waiting. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, heartinKorea said:

@Shoegum can you add the google spreadsheet to your signature? We only have 9 members who've filled it out, but I'm pretty sure there's more members of our thread who are waiting for their petition to reach NVC.

I've added to the spreadsheet  formula that calculates number of days between current date and NOA2. Please replace the formula with the actual date once NVC has your case  

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

3 minutes ago, alik said:

I've added to the spreadsheet  formula that calculates number of days between current date and NOA2. Please replace the formula with the actual date once NVC has your case  

I think there's an error in some of the formulas. Mine says 0 days, and a few other people's have errors as well. I checked, but don't see an error in the formula so that's strange. 

4 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Another week gone with no NOA2. Thought that this was the week just like the weeks before and no NOA2. Trying to fight being sad and depressed but I can't. 

Looking at the calendar and just did the calculations. IF I get the NOA2 this week, with the NVC now also being in a backlog and it taking 6 weeks to get a case number, my fiance won't get an interview scheduled until FEBRUARY....FREAKING FEBRUARY!!! That will make this 9 whole months from beginning to end!!!! Only 3 months shy of a year, but again that's IF I get the NOA2 this week!!!! For every week that passes is a week taken away!!!

As I type this, the tears fall down my face and I keep saying to myself, "I should have did the spousal visa like we originally planned to do".

My family and friends look at me like I'm crazy to go through something like this. I fight against them trying to prove that he isn't the stereotype that others have built up in society.  But the US government makes it damn hard to fight those stigmas. They raised the fee and the process takes longer. My tax paying money is paying for tier 1 and tier 2 to get paid to do nothing because they have a pointless job! But yet the CSC and NVC are understaffed with ill-experienced employees. Again, my tax money going to waste!!!

Next Friday will be my 200th day and in my heart I feel I will lose another week with no approval!!! 

I'm so sorry this is taking so long for you... honestly I know this would make it more unfair in a lot of ways, but I wish there was an option to pay more to expedite the visa, like they have for other visa types... I'm not sure but if the fee was high enough, maybe they would actually have enough money to hire extra staff and then everyones process would be faster than this. 200 days is ridiculous :( I'm so sorry. 

I got my NOA2 a month ago, and the soonest we can interview is also February due to backlogs at the US embassy in Seoul. So I understand how infuriating this whole process is. We will have waited 9 months total as well, and could still need to wait more if NVC doesn't hurry up and/or interview appointments become less available in Seoul. Praying for us both!! I really hope next week is your week. 

Have you tried contacting your congressman/calling and speaking with a tier 2? Your timeline does seem to be behind others... I can't say for sure, but around a month ago when many other people on or around my same NOA1 date were being approved, I did reach a tier 2 officer and complained. She did give me a standard response that it was "within normal processing time" and that it "could take up to 6 more weeks for approval"; however, I was approved 2 days later. A lot of people have similar stories like that... idk anymore since the tier 2 officer I talked to yesterday was really unhelpful and rude, but if I were you I'd contact both your congressman and tier 2 to push them to get your NOA2 out. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
17 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

I think there's an error in some of the formulas. Mine says 0 days, and a few other people's have errors as well. I checked, but don't see an error in the formula so that's strange. 

You are right, there is a problem somewhere.... I'lll take another look

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

4 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

I'm so sorry for you, I feel your pain, I'm in the same situation, I see approvals around my case and it's very hard for me, that's why I texted you a couple of weeks ago , I try to follow every timeline of people with the petitionary having a previous B2 cancelled, and I'm pretty sure that's delaying our cases, I think we should add 3-4 months of the normal processing time. :( .  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
1 hour ago, heartinKorea said:

Sorry...what google spreadsheet? I'm waiting for NVC to receive my approved case too, but I know nothing about this spreadsheet...thank you

***Waiting for interview***

4 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

Sorry...what google spreadsheet? I'm waiting for NVC to receive my approved case too, but I know nothing about this spreadsheet...thank you

@Shoegum created it last night. Here you go: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit#gid=2061710905

Timeline
5 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Stay strong, I got my approval on day 200! Very unexpected moment, probably the only time in months I wasn't obsessively checking my apps! My approval has been sitting there in my phone for at least 3 hours before I noticed! 

So maybe the secret is not overly checking or calculating, also because it will take the time that it will take anyways, but at least you will live a little bit better!

Also, I got it 5 days ago, and it doesn't really feel that different since I just keep waiting, so this part could make you crazy even more if you are not ready.

I'm doing so much better since I accepted I can't do anything but waiting and hoping they hurry.

About your family, well, they won't be in your marriage, so technically you shouldn't pay too much attention.

if something, they can be happy that you are so in love with someone that you can take all this! It's a good thing, proves you care for each other, life isn't a cupcake, there are more chance life will be challenging than it will be not, so if you make it past this you know you can be a team through everything! 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Thank you, just a question, what am I supposed to write under "NVC Received Date/Days passed" if they didn't received it?

Also... I got the email on November 27th, but the hard copy says "Notice Date November 24th", so which one should I consider as Approval Date?

Edited by Fiammetta

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fiammetta said:

Thank you, just a question, what am I supposed to write under "NVC Received Date/Days passed" if they didn't received it?

Also... I got the email on November 27th, but the hard copy says "Notice Date November 24th", so which one should I consider as Approval Date?

You should write the days that have passed since NOA2.

I would use whatever date is later, so in your case Nov 27th, just so it looks like they're not that late and maybe feel a little bit better about them taking 30+ days...

Also, I noticed on the spreadsheet some "days passed" are wrong, should I change it or should I wait for @Shoegum to do it, since it's "his" list? - NVM just read there seems to be an error in the formula.

Edited by HuckleberryFinn
Can't read

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fiammetta said:

You leave NVC receive date blank until your case is received at NVC.

NOA2 approval date would be approval date that shows online/date you received text/email notification.

1 hour ago, HuckleberryFinn said:

You should write the days that have passed since NOA2.

I would use whatever date is later, so in your case Nov 27th, just so it looks like they're not that late and maybe feel a little bit better about them taking 30+ days...

Also, I noticed on the spreadsheet some "days passed" are wrong, should I change it or should I wait for @Shoegum to do it, since it's "his" list? - NVM just read there seems to be an error in the formula.

it seems someone edited the sheet and column was missing i'm fixing that. Also i am working on adding a column where it will automatically calculate the days difference between NOA2 and NVC received date once its entered.

NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Shoegum

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

USCIS case tracker notification just came in 

Country is Philippines 

NOA1 received date is April 24th 

Case Approved 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, heartinKorea said:

@Shoegum can you add the google spreadsheet to your signature? We only have 9 members who've filled it out, but I'm pretty sure there's more members of our thread who are waiting for their petition to reach NVC.

yep Its there already everyone should add it not just me  that way it will get more visibility :)

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.