smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
4 hours ago, aisha1109 said:

Hey guys,  I have a question. 

I am still waiting for an approval after RFE but since its been a waiting game I thought I would get started on prepping for post approval documentation. 

My fiance was born and raised in Pakistan but 10 years ago, he moved to Canada as a PR and eventually became a citizen. Now that he is Canadian citizen, does he still need police clearance report from Pakistan? 

Thanks! 

Yes, every country he’s ever lived in for 6 months or more since the age of 16. my thoughts to you is get started on that now because when you’re out of that country those things can be a real hassle and take a really long time and it might be costly. 

1 minute ago, Terri/Ed said:

It doesn't matter to them if it's not done in 6 weeks.. 

it will take as long as it takes . 

They are in no hurry at all .

I expected to be in and out in 3 tops. After a long wait for Noa2 !! 

I was told today that if mine expires after the 4 months from Noa2 received they will just renew it and I have to keep waiting so that's ok they said !! 

I now have 8 weeks left till it expires and I'm still stuck there..

its not ok to me . 

This has been a horrible experience ! 

I cry everyday after I speak with NVC and they tell me the same thing.

Still under AP , no time frame sorry !! I Plead with them everyday to help me understand why we are stuck ! It's always the same answer ! 

I'm sure someone may have suggested this already/maybe you've already tried this, but have you tried contacting your congressmen? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Websters202 said:

No, it can't.

I did some additional research and it seems this language is standard on the NOA2 notice.  I went to my consulate's website and they specifically mentioned that the case must go through the NVC first.  

Hm. My NOA2 said it was forwarded to the NVC.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Terri/Ed said:

I was told today that if mine expires after the 4 months from Noa2 received they will just renew it and I have to keep waiting so that's ok they said !! 

its not ok to me . 

Still under AP , no time frame sorry !! I Plead with them everyday to help me understand why we are stuck ! It's always the same answer ! 

its so sad,...im in same  situation. i cry daily ,they were very smooth before mid October..its not okay with all of us. before this we did a long wait to hear approved. now this wait is killing me.hate this.i thought nvc takes very less time but i was wrong..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
16 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

I'm sure someone may have suggested this already/maybe you've already tried this, but have you tried contacting your congressmen? 

No I haven't.. I'm just going to wait it out and hope for the best . 

I hear they don't help much anyway ! Thank you for responding and trying to help 😊

1 minute ago, Terri/Ed said:

No I haven't.. I'm just going to wait it out and hope for the best . 

I hear they don't help much anyway ! Thank you for responding and trying to help 😊

Ok well I would suggest it as a last resort. Someone in the April thread just mentioned that when they reached out, the process only took about 15 minutes and they were very helpful. I think it's probably worth it to ask them to make an inquiry. Either way I hope you get out of AP soon! 

Timeline
31 minutes ago, vml said:

its so sad,...im in same  situation. i cry daily ,they were very smooth before mid October..its not okay with all of us. before this we did a long wait to hear approved. now this wait is killing me.hate this.i thought nvc takes very less time but i was wrong..

It's very sad and I hate feeling so negative and down but God it really affects you .. all we want to do is be with our loved ones and it's so sad to read everyone's posts about still waiting ! Feels better to sometimes vent to others that understand how you feel ! Let's hope we all hear the good news we want soon 🙏

Timeline
27 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Ok well I would suggest it as a last resort. Someone in the April thread just mentioned that when they reached out, the process only took about 15 minutes and they were very helpful. I think it's probably worth it to ask them to make an inquiry. Either way I hope you get out of AP soon! 

In that case I will look into it . Thank you 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Websters202 said:

Hey Fellow May Filers,

I have a question:  I received NOA2 2 weeks ago and have been calling NVC twice per week since then.  All other times when I called them, as expected, they said that my case wasn't in the system and it could take up to 6 weeks for it to arrive.  But this evening, the nice woman on the phone (the people at NVC are very nice :) ) asked me to read the first paragraph of my notice to her.  The first paragraph reads: "  The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate.  Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate…this form is not a visa and may not be used in place of a visa".  Based on my reading this, the woman at NVC said in that case they wouldn't get my case, but I should contact the consulate directly.

My questions are:

1.  Has anyone else's NOA2 said this?

2.  Has anyone ever heard of information being forwarded straight to the consulate and not the NVC?

BTW, I did notice the language of the first paragraph right away, but assumed that this was standard language and the everything must go through the NVC, but now I am wondering if I happened to get an operator this evening who told me wrong information.  Just curious to know if anyone has experienced this?  Either way, there's nothing I can do about it until Monday.

I am curious about this to as my NOA2 also says the same thing, that it was forwarded to the above Consulate. I would think that if it would go to NVC, thats what would be listed. I am going to call the consulate of my beneficiary to find out on Monday

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, InnocentLove said:

Finally Approved after 193 days! NOA 1 May 22nd! I'm in Haiti now,  and was able to share the good news right away.  I am so grateful to God! I pray for good news soon for everyone waiting! 

Congrats!!!!!!

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Websters202 said:

Hey Fellow May Filers,

I have a question:  I received NOA2 2 weeks ago and have been calling NVC twice per week since then.  All other times when I called them, as expected, they said that my case wasn't in the system and it could take up to 6 weeks for it to arrive.  But this evening, the nice woman on the phone (the people at NVC are very nice :) ) asked me to read the first paragraph of my notice to her.  The first paragraph reads: "  The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate.  Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate…this form is not a visa and may not be used in place of a visa".  Based on my reading this, the woman at NVC said in that case they wouldn't get my case, but I should contact the consulate directly.

My questions are:

1.  Has anyone else's NOA2 said this?

2.  Has anyone ever heard of information being forwarded straight to the consulate and not the NVC?

BTW, I did notice the language of the first paragraph right away, but assumed that this was standard language and the everything must go through the NVC, but now I am wondering if I happened to get an operator this evening who told me wrong information.  Just curious to know if anyone has experienced this?  Either way, there's nothing I can do about it until Monday.

I've never heard of NOA2 to going directly to consulate. I suggest to call them again and ask to explain what that language means and why NVC got bypassed. This way you would a) get another person opinion b) explanation why this happened. And of course you can always call the consulate in question and see if they indeed have your papers :)

Please post here whatever you find out - I am very curious now myself   

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

my heart almost stood still with the numbers of the 01.12.! :(

and now my timeline popped back to MARCH 2 - 6 :( it used to be Mid Jan!

Seriously - I quit my job end help USCIS if needed, for free, if that's the matter! 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

12/1 Midnight scan

Total (Shoegum+Naes) : 66

WAC1790317467 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790320576 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790321567 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790322003 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790324760 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790326413 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790332640 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790332904 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790340709 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790343042 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790346336 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790346395 12/1/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Niger
Timeline
8 hours ago, Terri/Ed said:

its not ok to me . 

And I read somewhere else (dont remember where) that when the beneficiary's country doesn't deliver visa at that moment for any reason your case is put on "non current" . Nvc hold it on until it is "current"..maybe that's ur case...just sharing an info. Hope it helps and pray all our cases speed up. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.