smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

I mean it's not even like the start of May. Like if they balanced it between May and June. And June was starting to get a percentage, at least that would make sense. At least some sense! 

They'll probably update their website and say June was being started October 31. 😂😂😂😂

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
Just now, JohnAna05823 said:

They'll probably update their website and say June was being started October 31. 😂😂😂😂

At least if that happens you all can put your inquiries!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

At least if that happens you all can put your inquiries!

Did last time it was glitch.  Didn't get anywhere, lol.  Just say on adjuicator's desk.  What's that worth?

Timeline
Just now, JohnAna05823 said:

Did last time it was glitch.  Didn't get anywhere, lol.  Just say on adjuicator's desk.  What's that worth?

Because last time was a glitch. This time it's legit. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Websters202 said:

Hey Fellow May Filers,

I have a question:  I received NOA2 2 weeks ago and have been calling NVC twice per week since then.  All other times when I called them, as expected, they said that my case wasn't in the system and it could take up to 6 weeks for it to arrive.  But this evening, the nice woman on the phone (the people at NVC are very nice :) ) asked me to read the first paragraph of my notice to her.  The first paragraph reads: "  The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate.  Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate…this form is not a visa and may not be used in place of a visa".  Based on my reading this, the woman at NVC said in that case they wouldn't get my case, but I should contact the consulate directly.

My questions are:

1.  Has anyone else's NOA2 said this?

2.  Has anyone ever heard of information being forwarded straight to the consulate and not the NVC?

BTW, I did notice the language of the first paragraph right away, but assumed that this was standard language and the everything must go through the NVC, but now I am wondering if I happened to get an operator this evening who told me wrong information.  Just curious to know if anyone has experienced this?  Either way, there's nothing I can do about it until Monday.

False alarm on my behalf.  I just went to the consulate's website and even it says once the petition is approved by USCIS it must go through the NVC.  It seems the lovely lady at the NVC didn't know the process herself.  I will continue to call the NVC on Mondays and Fridays at 9pm until I get my number (FYI, every time I have called after 9pm, I have not had to wait one single minute to speak to someone; I suggest you all try calling at this time).  

Hopefully this is my only semi-freak out until our interview.

K1 Timeline

5/17/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS Lewisville, Texas via FedEx Ground Shipping
01/03/2018: NVC Received I-129F and Case Number Received
01/23/2018: Embassy Received
02/09/2018: Medical
03/19/2018: Interview 
03/19/2018: APPROVED!
03/21/2018: Visa in Hand

08/04/2018:  MARRIED!

AOS Timeline (I-485)

08/29/2018: AOS/EAD/AP sent to USCIS Chicago Lockbox via FedEx

09/12/2018: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail

09/24/2018: Biometrics Appointment

12/27/2018: AOS Interview Scheduled by USCIS

02/13/2019: Interview

02/14/2019: AOS APPROVED!!!

02/20/2019: GREEN CARD ISSUED!!!

02/21/2019: GREEN CARD IN HAND!!!

Removal of Conditions Timeline (I-751)

11/13/2020: 90-day application window opened

12/12/2020: I-751 sent to USCIS Phoenix via UPS

12/17/2020: Received by USCIS

01/28/2021: Received NOA1 hard copy via mail

02/04/2021: Biometrics Waived 

11/08/2021: Received NOA hard copy for 24-month extension via mail

01/11/2022: Removal of Conditions Approved

01/15/2022: Hard copy of NOA received

01/18/2022: Permanent Resident Card in Hand!

Citizenship Timeline (N-400)

08/04/2021: 3-year marriage-based window opened

09/12/2022: N-400 filed online, Received by USCIS, NOA1 Digital copy received

09/14/2022: Biometrics Waived 

12/21/2022: Citizenship Interview Scheduled by USCIS (Vermont Field Office)

02/07/2023: Interview 

06/23/2023: Citizenship Oath!!!

VJ Was With Us From Beginning to END...THANK YOU VJ!!!

15 minutes ago, Naes said:

And they're also getting ruder and ruder when you call them..

if they say they get thousands of application in a day, then they f-ing suppose to have the staff for that amount!

Wow did they say this to you as well? I was shocked when the tier 2 officer talked to me this way today.

1 minute ago, Websters202 said:

False alarm on my behalf.  I just went to the consulate's website and even it says once the petition is approved by USCIS it must go through the NVC.  It seems the lovely lady at the NVC didn't know the process herself.  I will continue to call the NVC on Mondays and Fridays at 9pm until I get my number (FYI, every time I have called after 9pm, I have not had to wait one single minute to speak to someone; I suggest you all try calling at this time).  

Hopefully this is my only semi-freak out until our interview.

I call every day at 8 am Eastern. I've never had to wait either, so it seems like this is also a good time since most of the country is still sleeping or getting ready for work. 

Timeline
Just now, heartinKorea said:

I call every day at 8 am Eastern. I've never had to wait either, so it seems like this is also a good time since most of the country is still sleeping or getting ready for work. 

I agree.  Call either the first hour or last hour and you will find a better chance of getting straight through than calling during the middle of the day.  

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline (I-485)

Timeline
8 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

Wow did they say this to you as well? I was shocked when the tier 2 officer talked to me this way today.

I read yours (couldn't find it again to quote you)

But they were also rude to some people in June.

Btw, that is the answer if they tell anyone that again "then have enough staff accordingly!" 

They are funded by these petitions they need to have the people for it!!!

Edited by Naes

Just now, Naes said:

I read yours (couldn't find it again to quote you)

But they were also rude to some people in June.

Yeah I think I was really unlucky today. The first tier 2 officer I got seemed like he was nice enough, and was trying to help, but after he put me on hold for 10 minutes the call dropped... idk if the system was overloaded or if he hung up, but the second tier 2 officer I spoke to when I tried again wouldn't even check for me. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country:
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Websters202 said:

Hey Fellow May Filers,

I have a question:  I received NOA2 2 weeks ago and have been calling NVC twice per week since then.  All other times when I called them, as expected, they said that my case wasn't in the system and it could take up to 6 weeks for it to arrive.  But this evening, the nice woman on the phone (the people at NVC are very nice :) ) asked me to read the first paragraph of my notice to her.  The first paragraph reads: "  The above petition has been approved and forwarded to the listed consulate.  Please contact the consulate with any questions about visa issuance, or if you would now like them to forward the petition to a different consulate…this form is not a visa and may not be used in place of a visa".  Based on my reading this, the woman at NVC said in that case they wouldn't get my case, but I should contact the consulate directly.

My questions are:

1.  Has anyone else's NOA2 said this?

2.  Has anyone ever heard of information being forwarded straight to the consulate and not the NVC?

BTW, I did notice the language of the first paragraph right away, but assumed that this was standard language and the everything must go through the NVC, but now I am wondering if I happened to get an operator this evening who told me wrong information.  Just curious to know if anyone has experienced this?  Either way, there's nothing I can do about it until Monday.

I’m confused, your petition bypassed NVC and went straight to the consulate? Can that happen? 

Timeline
Just now, TNJ17 said:

I’m confused, your petition bypassed NVC and went straight to the consulate? Can that happen? 

No, it can't.

I did some additional research and it seems this language is standard on the NOA2 notice.  I went to my consulate's website and they specifically mentioned that the case must go through the NVC first.  

K1 Timeline

AOS Timeline (I-485)

4 minutes ago, Naes said:

Btw, that is the answer if they tell anyone that again "then have enough staff accordingly!" 

They are funded by these petitions they need to have the people for it!!!

Yeah exactly... all gov agencies are chaotic at the moment. S. Korea still doesn't have an ambassador yet, and I'm not sure if that's why the embassy is completely backlogged right now... I checked today and the soonest we could get an interview if we scheduled today is January 22nd now. Really sucks. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
15 minutes ago, vml said:

nvc said it will takes upto 6weeks to receive case at nvc..my 5 weeks completed after approving my petition.

It doesn't matter to them if it's not done in 6 weeks.. 

it will take as long as it takes . 

They are in no hurry at all .

I expected to be in and out in 3 tops. After a long wait for Noa2 !! 

I was told today that if mine expires after the 4 months from Noa2 received they will just renew it and I have to keep waiting so that's ok they said !! 

I now have 8 weeks left till it expires and I'm still stuck there..

its not ok to me . 

This has been a horrible experience ! 

I cry everyday after I speak with NVC and they tell me the same thing.

Still under AP , no time frame sorry !! I Plead with them everyday to help me understand why we are stuck ! It's always the same answer ! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.