smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Naes said:

Some embassies consider it immigrant, because at that point your intentions are clearer, even though you are not directly applying for a Green Card.

Chose immigrant if you don't see it in non-immigrant and it will show you K1 :) 

Do u know when i sign up online am i using my name at the petitioner or my fiances name?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:

Do u know when i sign up online am i using my name at the petitioner or my fiances name?

DS-160 is for the beneficiary. normally he/she should be the one filling this, so her/his information should be used.

It's your fiances turn now :D

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

DS-160 is for the beneficiary. normally he/she should be the one filling this, so her/his information should be used.

It's your fiances turn now :D

Okay so we made an account but are we supposed to book the interview through there and pay the Visa fees do that website as well? I'm so confused and I don't want to be stuck waiting again!!!

Timeline
Just now, Courtney Payne said:

Okay so we made an account but are we supposed to book the interview through there and pay the Visa fees do that website as well? I'm so confused and I don't want to be stuck waiting again!!!

Did you read the guides of what to do after noa2?

so you have your NVC number etc right? Did the files already arrived at the embassy?

Timeline

@Courtney Payne

After you pass the NVC (sorry I'm not sure at which part you are yet.)

book medical because it takes takes time to get medical results then accordingly you can pay and book the interview through that web site.

does this help?

but first calm :) because when we hurry too much we make mistakes. Silly mistakes especially.

edit: cause overall @AnaMolina is right. Check how your embassy does it first.

Edited by Naes

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:

It all depends of your embassy. Each country has its own way so you should take a look on specific threads for your country. I would say yes, you will pay the interview fee and schedule it on that website.

my case: submitted ds-160, created an account for IMMIGRANT VISA on that website for Brazil, paid the fee and scheduled the interview. In Brazil you only can schedule the doctor apt after you scheduled the Interview, but the apt and exams has to happen at least 1 week before the interview.

10 hours ago, namaste said:

how was everybody doing with the NVC wait time? im on 5th week waiting for a case #...

It's driving me crazy! Hopefully you will get yours today or tomorrow. It looks like a lot of people from Oct. 23-25 got their case number this week, so hopefully yours will come really soon. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

It's driving me crazy! Hopefully you will get yours today or tomorrow. It looks like a lot of people from Oct. 23-25 got their case number this week, so hopefully yours will come really soon. 

I got my case number on the 5th week

Timeline
12 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

It all depends of your embassy. Each country has its own way so you should take a look on specific threads for your country. I would say yes, you will pay the interview fee and schedule it on that website.

my case: submitted ds-160, created an account for IMMIGRANT VISA on that website for Brazil, paid the fee and scheduled the interview. In Brazil you only can schedule the doctor apt after you scheduled the Interview, but the apt and exams has to happen at least 1 week before the interview.

I did receive my case number when i called but it hasnt got sent to the embassy yet. Do i wait until they get it?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Courtney Payne said:

I did receive my case number when i called but it hasnt got sent to the embassy yet. Do i wait until they get it?

Yes. The website didnt let me schedule the interview before they got my case. Wait until it says "ready" at nvc at least. Also, in Brazil we dont have packet 3, packet 4 and all that jazz, so make sure you dont have it in your country either

Timeline

11/29 Midnight Scan

Overall May total (Shoegum+Naes) : 121 

WAC1790320484 11/29/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790328284 11/29/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790334748 11/29/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790334750 11/29/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790342862 11/29/2017 Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received
WAC1790347516 11/29/2017

Your Current Status: Response To USCIS' Request For Evidence Was Received

also this happened tonight

WAC1790333855 06/07/17 Your Current Status: Document Was Returned To USCIS   11/16/2017 Your Current Status: Case Was Approved

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
11 hours ago, Naes said:

@Trinab80 wow yeah 50-60 may actually cause it to make an adujidicator believe it's a big hard case and take time, no?

Now I know what doomed us too:D We sent about 30 pictures of us and my family together and then a lot more of our communication. Yet they still asked for evidence of meeting even though we sent stamps and everything needed. :jest: I feel like they lost our evidence and now we have to suffer for it. 

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Meech said:

Now I know what doomed us too:D We sent about 30 pictures of us and my family together and then a lot more of our communication. Yet they still asked for evidence of meeting even though we sent stamps and everything needed. :jest: I feel like they lost our evidence and now we have to suffer for it. 

I really really hope not.... I just thought if it was me who was working, I would put that big of a file a little bit later file and go with the cheesy looking ones, and also send their rfes cause too small a file also can mean rfe needed... 

I still cant wait to get rid of you ;) Though I'll miss you guys

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

I really really hope not.... I just thought if it was me who was working, I would put that big of a file a little bit later file and go with the cheesy looking ones, and also send their rfes cause too small a file also can mean rfe needed... 

I still cant wait to get rid of you ;) Though I'll miss you guys

I don't know anymore, they're so shady that we can only guess :unsure: And I have a feeling I'll stick for a while...like a gum on your shoe...shoegum :jest:

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Meech said:

I don't know anymore, they're so shady that we can only guess :unsure: And I have a feeling I'll stick for a while...like a gum on your shoe...shoegum :jest:

well that made my night :)

And I want to state 1 thing.... One of my best friend's is from Bulgaria and I just sent her to Boston from Japan(And I'm so happy for this cause it means she will be at my wedding!!)...

I know they can't wait to have more Bulgarian blood in US ;) 

Cause the party never starts without them

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.