smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

My fiancé was a photographer... we even have pictures from our very first date...later we laughed a lot cause we were definitely not planning for this 😂😂😂 

and im emotional crazy with keeping everything as a memory which turned out to be a good thing that I keep boarding passes(his passes on the other hand was getting lost even after he learnt we need them...men 🤷‍♀️

I keep boarding psses too and it was good as well haha he doesn't keep anything and was shper against sending them a lot of stuff lol he even wrote our story in those 3 lines on the form cause he said it doesn't ask for an attachment on instructions 🙄 Lol 

11 minutes ago, Naes said:

@Trinab80 wow yeah 50-60 may actually cause it to make an adujidicator believe it's a big hard case and take time, no?

7 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

If that is the case, I will never get approved. 100+ photos. My file when it went out was like 3 church Bibles put together :lol::lol:

At that time i had been to see him like 6-7 times and most times I stay like 5 days to 2 weeks long plus we went to the baba for his birthday which is when he proposed to me on the beach (I know so romantic...lol). So, I figured I would give them enough variety. Plus, 20 pages of chat logs from what's app, itineraries, pics of All my passport stamps, boarding passes, etc. 

So yeah, I should have been approved like 8 times already by now.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Trinab80 said:

That's what I was going to say seriously

mine is same 7 trips and some are months long so we put 2 for each trip and one for engagement.

i don't think there's a limit or anything. It's just it may look like a big file and make it go slower than those easy things they seem to like :) 

we are here waiting with you ❤️

16 minutes ago, Naes said:

@Trinab80 wow yeah 50-60 may actually cause it to make an adujidicator believe it's a big hard case and take time, no?

Not really. 10 pics for each trip. We had actually been together for over a year by the time we filed. 

Plus I know the battle we have with him being denied entry at POE last thanksgiving so I'm just making sure I covered all my bases. Besides, by the time it gets to the Embassy they shouldn't really have a lot of questions to ask us.

What can I say....I like to be thorough. 😂😂😂😂😂

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Naes said:

Yes!

by the way about affidavit of support, my embassy says it can be used for a year so I'm just going to get it when I'm there in January. Hope it won't be a problem cause I don't want to pay to just send those forms later..

Great, thanks @Naes! I am going to be there in a couple of weeks, so that would be a good time to complete those papers and bring with!

So I-134 and DS-160 (can be completed online) anything else I am forgetting??? From what I understand the embassy will be reaching out when they have the papers with a list of items like medical and police records... I am mostly concerned about papers I need to sign and give to my fiancee  

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

15 minutes ago, Naes said:

I don't think it's like never approved or anything but we know from past interview thing that they do chose to go for easier cases first, because that means more points yay for them.

my whole thing was like 97 pages or so with 40 pages on hotel and itineraries boarding passes stamps, a 10+ pages for petitioners passport and maybe a 15 pictures 2 in each page.

Keep in mind, USCIS doesn't really review the pics with such scrutiny, they just have to make sure that the requirements are met in order to approve and send off to the Embassy. Actually proving the relationship is real and ongoing happens more so at the Embassy.  Plus, all our docs and supporting evidence gets scanned and stored in whatever Case Management System they use to review cases. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

At that time i had been to see him like 6-7 times and most times I stay like 5 days to 2 weeks long plus we went to the baba for his birthday which is when he proposed to me on the beach (I know so romantic...lol). So, I figured I would give them enough variety. Plus, 20 pages of chat logs from what's app, itineraries, pics of All my passport stamps, boarding passes, etc. 

Romantic indeed :wub:

Just now, Naes said:

i don't think there's a limit or anything. It's just it may look like a big file and make it go slower than those easy things they seem to like :)

Well, double edged sword. As the ex-adjudicator said, they like big families, so wouldn't a big fat file on his desk look like bonus points, rather than a "hard case"? I doubt adjudicator would open it, see there is no kids, and said "oh noooo" and put it away. 

Filed: V-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hello ladies and gents,

My case finally arrived at the NVC. We have filled out the DS-160 and submitted it. Not sure what we are suppose to do next with the case number and invoice number. I was told that we wait until the US Embassy in Senegal,Dakar contacts my fiance. I was also told that I can set the interview up anf pay the visa fee. I cannot find where I can schedule the interview and pay the fee. Can someone help me or guide me in the right direct please?

3 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Well, double edged sword. As the ex-adjudicator said, they like big families, so wouldn't a big fat file on his desk look like bonus points, rather than a "hard case"? I doubt adjudicator would open it, see there is no kids, and said "oh noooo" and put it away. 

Okay so I just checked my copy packet I have here and it wasn't 60 pics, my count was off.

It's 42 pictures. 😉😉😉

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 11/28/2017 at 12:19 AM, Murph4865 said:

The total cost of Rapid Visa on payment plan is over $1000.00 dollars if you payed 600.00 then 400+ would be due. Look on your account and look at total cost which is listed there.

Thank You for responding I've Paid already Over 500$ Balance was 600 Now they say A late fee of $450

1 minute ago, Lisa Echols said:

Thank You for responding I've Paid already Over 500$ Balance was 600 Now they say A late fee of $450 plus the 600$

Edited by Lisa Echols
To add that up it's over the amount They say they charge

Okay so I just checked my copy packet I have here and it wasn't 60 pics, my count was off.

It's 42 pictures. 😉😉😉

I can't believe you! 42 only??? I am disappointed :o:o ..... :lol::lol:. I have friends that put that many on facebook daily :lol::lol:. One girl puts different makeup on if she doesn't get enough likes, and if the new makeup doesn't work, than she goes hard with cleavage :lol:. Kind'a like she is sitting on subway in the middle between two people so she has to put her arms closer together :lol::lol:

3 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

I can't believe you! 42 only??? I am disappointed :o:o ..... :lol::lol:. I have friends that put that many on facebook daily :lol::lol:. One girl puts different makeup on if she doesn't get enough likes, and if the new makeup doesn't work, than she goes hard with cleavage :lol:. Kind'a like she is sitting on subway in the middle between two people so she has to put her arms closer together :lol::lol:

Clearly, they have too much time on their hands. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Timeline
28 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

Keep in mind, USCIS doesn't really review the pics with such scrutiny, they just have to make sure that the requirements are met in order to approve and send off to the Embassy. Actually proving the relationship is real and ongoing happens more so at the Embassy.  Plus, all our docs and supporting evidence gets scanned and stored in whatever Case Management System they use to review cases. 

26 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

Well I hope they just check the cover letter and realize hmm it's pretty easy they have everything and more let's just send it NVC..

Timeline
4 minutes ago, TNJ17 said:

You have the link on your signature. 

It says 3 days???

I didn't go through it yet :) it is from shoegums signature if anyone needs the info. But it is also said before that this info comes from a filer from before so some conditions are changed. But the numbers etc. are the same.

I'll check it further when I'm home

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.