smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

I just called USCIS to ask whether or not my petition has been sent to NVC, and the tier 1 officer told me that they cannot access that info, and when I requested a tier 2 officer, he said the soonest I'd be called back is in 3-5 business days... how is that even possible. 

Did anyone receive a case number today? I haven't seen any updates from today. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
43 minutes ago, heartinKorea said:

I just called USCIS to ask whether or not my petition has been sent to NVC, and the tier 1 officer told me that they cannot access that info, and when I requested a tier 2 officer, he said the soonest I'd be called back is in 3-5 business days... how is that even possible. 

Did anyone receive a case number today? I haven't seen any updates from today. 

Let us know when or if they call you back!! Let's hope they give you (and therefore all of us) good news! 😜

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
11 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

No 26th again! 😤. Where is that person??!!!  26th is just being avoided like a plague.

Keep an eye on your mailbox!
I was the 22nd and for the longest time, thought they skipped me. I got a hard copy NOA2 and my status online still says "Case received!"
So you can have those rebel folks that just don't update. Good luck :)

USCIS case tracker notification just came in 

Country is Romania 

NOA1 received date is May 29th

Case Approved 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

RFE received by USCIS notification for the following:

Country is Dominican Republic 

NOA1 received date is May 11th 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

@Catalina21 here you go...please disregard my previous post for Romania being approved. 

I was typing too fast!!!!

20171128_192317.png

Edited by Trinab80

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Just now, Catalina21 said:

Thank you @Trinab80 that is my case 😊.Happy to see they did not forget about it.

Sorry for the confusion about it being approved. But I'm glad you got your case touched.

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

I figured out how to make a login to view appointment availabilities in Seoul... but the next available one is January 18th... so by the time we get a case number the next available appointment probably won't be until February. Really disappointed right now.. When we first filed we really thought we would be finished with the distance by this time. Our 2 year anniversary was on November 25th, and we really wanted to end the distance by then. 

I know a few months more isn't long in comparison to a lifetime together, but it doesn't make the separation any easier. I just moved cross country and started a new job, and keep wishing my babe was with me. I'm so glad I have this group. I haven't posted much until the past few days, but have been following and reading this thread since we filed in May. Praying for all of the May filers to stay strong through the holidays. 

Edited by heartinKorea

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
5 hours ago, pmeyer1229 said:

So we got our NOA2 on November 10. I hear the NVC is taking 6 weeks to receive and enter our information, however, what I want to know..."is there anyone else who has been approved (NOA2) and still show Case Received on the USCIS website...not the useless Spinach app...but the actual USCIS website?" Little things like this are driving me crazy. What kind of system is this? Should I be worried? I have the hard copy of the NOA2 in my hand, but the "system" still has us as case received...and that would put us at 197 days...I am getting so crazy, I wonder if the NOA2 was sent to us by mistake...AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay....hope you all waiting for the NOA2 get it soon. It felt good at first but that is starting to fade as I don't trust the system here that the USCIS uses. Okay, free floating rant complete...sorry. :( Good luck all.

I hear a lot about people getting NOA2 in the mail but the website still says "Received" It sounds like some agents just forget to or don't care about updating the system. This is annoying but is not damaging from what I understand. I also expect that you can always call USCIS and confirm that your current status is actually "Approved". Have you tried that?

NOA1 - May 22

NOA2 - Dec 1

NOA2 Hard copy received - Dec 6

NVC received - Jan 18

NVC Case # assigned - Jan 29

Embassy receives documents (NVC status is READY) - Jan 31 

Medical Exam - Feb 21

Interview - Feb 27

long wait due to government incompetence realized in 2 month testing for TB  

POE - May 22

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, AK&JO said:

We were approved (NOA2) at USCIS on Nov 7th and called NVC for the new case number but as always they said it will take 6 weeks from approval so no new information.

In addition to that, I shared my thoughts that Id like to know whether all of our approved information from USCIS is physically sent to NVC but they said they don't have any information so I asked them whether I shall call back to USCIS and NVC call center staff said yes.

So I called USCIS to see whether they have really sent my approved info to NVC but AGAIN, they said they cannot answer to applicant (beneficiary) but only to petitioner...

I said I'm already approved applicant so don't understand why can't they share me but it was the same answer YOU are the APPLICANT no rights to ask...sigh.

Is there anyone who got answer as applicant or is this normal....I'd like to know if there is anyone who got stuck between USCIS and NVC for a long time and how did the dealt with those situations to make process faster or to be on track.

Same date of approval as you are.. i thought after receiving an approval the process will become smoother but still no.. its taking a lot of time.. its been 3 weeks now.. :(

1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

RFE received by USCIS notification for the following:

Country is Dominican Republic 

NOA1 received date is May 11th 

I thought this was me. Same country same date. 😭😭😭

5/27/2017: I-129F sent to USCIS

5/30/2017: Received by USCIS

6/8/2017: Received our NOA1 hard copy via mail; NOA1 Hard Copy Receipt Date: 5/30/2017

11/29/2017: NOA2 Notification via USCS App 
12/04/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/11/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/12/2018: Case Number Received

01/19/2018: NVC Left
01/19/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/22/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/05/2018: Medical
02/21/2018: Interview and approved!

03/06/2018: Visa in Hand
xx/xx/2018: POE at Fort Lauderdale Airport

xx/xx/2018: Married to my Love!          

NOA2 to NVC time tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

1 minute ago, Lilly2302 said:

I thought this was me. Same country same date. 😭😭😭

I'm sorry to get your hopes up. 

ROC Filing:

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.