smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
54 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

When I filed and looked at the site, said 3.5 months (~110 days) for approval.  Who knew 186 days we'd still be waiting. 🤔

When we filed we saw cases approved after 90 days and those approved after 150.  So we thought the first ones were those provided all the necessary data, proved their relationship was real,  the country of origin or residence was no risk or special attention, never violated American or native country's laws. Naive like kids))) 188 days 😥😥

Edited by Shaman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline

@Trinab80 thought I would hassle the Customer Service Center this morning and after speaking with a Supervisor, there is no notes of anything needed on your case, it's normal processing, I understand your frustration bull #######. Ugh, I'm all done with retail therapy, I need to save some money to attend the interview. Wow this is unbeleiveable. I have passed my estimated VJ timeline by almost a month. I'm to the point of almost crying. 

Needless to say Im super happy for everyone else as they progress and I sincerely hope that everyone has a speedy process after NOA2 but that seems to be running slow too. Smh 

23 hours ago, Terri/Ed said:

We Noa2 Oct 10th .

Nvc received Oct 19th , assigned case number and it's still stuck there . Nearly 6 weeks now. We are panicking, upset, just don't understand why us when we had no RFE ? We thought this was the easier part but it's even more stressful than waiting for Noa2?!

is anyome else still stuck at NVC under AP? 

Does anyone have any information how long we could be here for? 

We were stuck in AP at nvc stage for about four weeks 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So we got our NOA2 on November 10. I hear the NVC is taking 6 weeks to receive and enter our information, however, what I want to know..."is there anyone else who has been approved (NOA2) and still show Case Received on the USCIS website...not the useless Spinach app...but the actual USCIS website?" Little things like this are driving me crazy. What kind of system is this? Should I be worried? I have the hard copy of the NOA2 in my hand, but the "system" still has us as case received...and that would put us at 197 days...I am getting so crazy, I wonder if the NOA2 was sent to us by mistake...AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay....hope you all waiting for the NOA2 get it soon. It felt good at first but that is starting to fade as I don't trust the system here that the USCIS uses. Okay, free floating rant complete...sorry. :( Good luck all.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

We were approved (NOA2) at USCIS on Nov 7th and called NVC for the new case number but as always they said it will take 6 weeks from approval so no new information.

In addition to that, I shared my thoughts that Id like to know whether all of our approved information from USCIS is physically sent to NVC but they said they don't have any information so I asked them whether I shall call back to USCIS and NVC call center staff said yes.

So I called USCIS to see whether they have really sent my approved info to NVC but AGAIN, they said they cannot answer to applicant (beneficiary) but only to petitioner...

I said I'm already approved applicant so don't understand why can't they share me but it was the same answer YOU are the APPLICANT no rights to ask...sigh.

Is there anyone who got answer as applicant or is this normal....I'd like to know if there is anyone who got stuck between USCIS and NVC for a long time and how did the dealt with those situations to make process faster or to be on track.

Edited by AK&JO

4 hours ago, AnaMolina said:

Well guys, my visa is not issued yet, then it has to be delivered to my house, and my flight is in 10 days. That means I will probably have to reschedule my flight ughhh

anyway, been excited/nervous/scared and sad at the same time, already sayig goodbye to a few people and oh gosh... it hurts! 

This process isnt easy even when you're about to leave lol

From where did you get cheap flight

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 minute ago, Alice L said:

From where did you get cheap flight

Airprojects travel. It's usually good deals from South America. Did your status changed? Mine still aays app received :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
1 hour ago, John & Rose said:

Just hope that you get the NOA2 before December 9!!!  This is completely a bizarre year.  What else can possibly happen?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stancollender/2017/11/21/yes-there-could-be-a-federal-government-shutdown-this-christmas/

That...is not the news I was hoping to hear as an early May filer that hasn't been approved. :cry:May and June filers are so unlucky, jeez. 

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

20 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

So we got our NOA2 on November 10. I hear the NVC is taking 6 weeks to receive and enter our information, however, what I want to know..."is there anyone else who has been approved (NOA2) and still show Case Received on the USCIS website...not the useless Spinach app...but the actual USCIS website?" Little things like this are driving me crazy. What kind of system is this? Should I be worried? I have the hard copy of the NOA2 in my hand, but the "system" still has us as case received...and that would put us at 197 days...I am getting so crazy, I wonder if the NOA2 was sent to us by mistake...AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay....hope you all waiting for the NOA2 get it soon. It felt good at first but that is starting to fade as I don't trust the system here that the USCIS uses. Okay, free floating rant complete...sorry. :( Good luck all.

Ours is. May 15 NOA1, approved Nov. 9 NOA2, still shows received on website.

1 minute ago, Meech said:

That...is not the news I was hoping to hear as an early May filer that hasn't been approved. :cry:May and June filers are so unlucky, jeez. 

Hopefully it is nothing and it all get settled before a shutdown.  It has been tougher on May and June than any other month in history!

We will get through this.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
37 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

We were approved Nov. 8 and still show received on the website.

55 minutes ago, Maria1989 said:

@Trinab80 thought I would hassle the Customer Service Center this morning and after speaking with a Supervisor, there is no notes of anything needed on your case, it's normal processing, I understand your frustration bull #######. Ugh, I'm all done with retail therapy, I need to save some money to attend the interview. Wow this is unbeleiveable. I have passed my estimated VJ timeline by almost a month. I'm to the point of almost crying. 

Needless to say Im super happy for everyone else as they progress and I sincerely hope that everyone has a speedy process after NOA2 but that seems to be running slow too. Smh 

I honestly wouldn't waste my time calling them until Friday or Monday of next week. They claim the processing chart should update by Dec. 16th which I hope that by then we should have received our NOA2's.

I'm attending my fiancé's interview and at this point I would recommend you do too. Things are moving slow enough that I don't want the Embassy to find any reason to say they need to reschedule his interview because the USC needs to be present. I'm making sure that we are they together so all questions can be asked to both us at the same time.

It's just crazy how if we would have filed a month earlier things would be different. No way did I see things being THIS bad.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Trinab80 said:

I honestly wouldn't waste my time calling them until Friday or Monday of next week. They claim the processing chart should update by Dec. 16th which I hope that by then we should have received our NOA2's.

I'm attending my fiancé's interview and at this point I would recommend you do too. Things are moving slow enough that I don't want the Embassy to find any reason to say they need to reschedule his interview because the USC needs to be present. I'm making sure that we are they together so all questions can be asked to both us at the same time.

It's just crazy how if we would have filed a month earlier things would be different. No way did I see things being THIS bad.

This is exactly what I have been thinking...If we had filed only a month earlier or even WEEKS earlier, most of us would probably be with our partners by now...

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.