smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
3 hours ago, mikejoy2019 said:

Will be 185 days (6 mos) for us. Hoping for next week.

Fingers crossed for the next week for us both.

I haven't seen many hit over 195.

Im taking one positive out of this - one last Christmas at home with my family in the UK.

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

On 11/16/2017 at 4:14 PM, PadieNerkBrapone said:

1. Photographs 

You must submit one color passport-style photograph of yourself and one color passport-style photograph of the beneficiary taken within 30 days of filing this petition. The photos must have a white to off-white background, be printed on thin paper with a glossy finish, and be unmounted and unretouched. 

The color passport-style photos must be 2 by 2 inches. The photos must be in color with full face, frontal view on a white to off-white background. Head height should measure 1 to 1 3/8 inches from top of hair to bottom of chin, and eye height is between 1 1/8 to 1 3/8 inches from bottom of photo. Your head must be bare unless you are wearing headwear as required by a religious denomination of which you are a member. Using a pencil or felt pen, lightly print your name and A-Number (if any) on the back of the photo.

I cannot fathom how a professional attorney would miss that. I would be thoroughly upset as he caused you unnecessary delays. You should have a talk with him about a refund of some of the fees.

Thanks for posting that.  It's hard to believe someone that does this everyday missed something so simple.  She gave me a list of items I needed and it said only my fiance's pic not mine.  On the Brightside, I'm happy that it's only that.  Hopefully that will mean I will have an approval after they receive my pic.  Also for some reason I can't edit the RFE spreadsheet with my info.  If someone wants to put my info on there feel free. RFE Nov 7 

received by mail NOV 14

Reason, missing passport photo of applicant

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Well my friends, I guess getting out of the country was what it took. We got approved November 10th. Not on any of the scans, the app still says case received, but when I got back from the Philippines and checked my mail, our hard copy of the NOA2 was there. So please keep the faith if you do not come up on one of Shoegum's scans (thanks sir), the Spinach app is quite useless in my opinion. Spent everyday in the Philippines checking our status and being disappointed when we were approved the whole time.

I temper my excitement as I know what it is like to see so many approvals around me and I was getting quite anxious and disappointed. Thank you all for your support and I hope my post gives some of you hope that you may be approved and not know it yet. This May 15th filer was well into the 180's (days) before approval. I also temper my excitement as this process is still obviously broken and I don't think I can feel comfortable until my dear gets her green card in two years. Anyway, we are approved and feeling blessed for that :)

I saw you posted and literally jumped to the page!!!

sooo happy for you.. you can keep it down but I am happy for you and your fiancée! Best of luck at this new wait and I hope things will go smoother from now on..for all of you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Naes said:

I saw you posted and literally jumped to the page!!!

sooo happy for you.. you can keep it down but I am happy for you and your fiancée! Best of luck at this new wait and I hope things will go smoother from now on..for all of you 

Thank you so much! AND thanks for the support.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
18 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Well my friends, I guess getting out of the country was what it took. We got approved November 10th. Not on any of the scans, the app still says case received, but when I got back from the Philippines and checked my mail, our hard copy of the NOA2 was there. So please keep the faith if you do not come up on one of Shoegum's scans (thanks sir), the Spinach app is quite useless in my opinion. Spent everyday in the Philippines checking our status and being disappointed when we were approved the whole time.

I temper my excitement as I know what it is like to see so many approvals around me and I was getting quite anxious and disappointed. Thank you all for your support and I hope my post gives some of you hope that you may be approved and not know it yet. This May 15th filer was well into the 180's (days) before approval. I also temper my excitement as this process is still obviously broken and I don't think I can feel comfortable until my dear gets her green card in two years. Anyway, we are approved and feeling blessed for that :)

Many congratulations! Wonderful news

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
57 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

CONGRATZ!!!:jest:

I knew you would get it after you left, I just had that feeling!!

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

1 hour ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Congratz finally that leg is done now get case n invoice and get scheduled

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, ToTheMoonAndBack said:

Hey guys

i started filing ds160 and I'm confused

it says if I had resided in any country other than Germany since I was 16. I was on a student exchange for 10 months but my visa for that says "visitor" 

well in my definition I was not ever a resident there cause I never paid rent, had a job or anything 

what do you think ? 

This is going to fall under lawyer question it sounds pretty serious... My understanding is using a visitor visa for more than 6 months is an overstay.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 hours ago, pmeyer1229 said:

Congrats! Don't temper your excitement. Although there are many of us still waiting for our approval do not let that take away from your happiness. Every approval posted gives me hope so please jump for joy! Let us live vicariously through you :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.