smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
27 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

Has anyone seen any denials before or after the interview? If so, what were the reasons?  This process is making me stress so much as you all know all too well so I'm thinking of any and all things that could go wrong! Lol! I still have quite sometime before my NO2 as I filed at the end of August. 🤕

A few cases before NOA 2 where the couple doesnt meet the basic requirements for the petition, other than that they will send you an RFE to ask for something you might have missed. After the interview, I've heard about one or two cases in high risk fraud countries.

7 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

A few cases before NOA 2 where the couple doesnt meet the basic requirements for the petition, other than that they will send you an RFE to ask for something you might have missed. After the interview, I've heard about one or two cases in high risk fraud countries.

Thanks for the reply! I've been reading up  on cases where people were denied even with going to visit twice and providing a ton more evidence than what was requested so it got me worried.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

Thanks for the reply! I've been reading up  on cases where people were denied even with going to visit twice and providing a ton more evidence than what was requested so it got me worried.

Well I'm sure it happened, I just don't search for them cause it wont help lol will just make you desperate, and there's no reason for that. Usually, it happens on high risk fraud country. I lived in the US for 14 months and we dated for 10 months during that, I visited my fiance once after that.. both of us hate pictures lol we are two people that stay home all the time.. so we have like 10 pics together? During 3 years of relationship lol we sent them and got our NOA 2. Now for the interview I printed 40 pages of conversation during these 3 years, facetime history, emails, chats with his mom.. and I think it will be enough lol not too worried about that 

1 minute ago, AnaMolina said:

Well I'm sure it happened, I just don't search for them cause it wont help lol will just make you desperate, and there's no reason for that. Usually, it happens on high risk fraud country. I lived in the US for 14 months and we dated for 10 months during that, I visited my fiance once after that.. both of us hate pictures lol we are two people that stay home all the time.. so we have like 10 pics together? During 3 years of relationship lol we sent them and got our NOA 2. Now for the interview I printed 40 pages of conversation during these 3 years, facetime history, emails, chats with his mom.. and I think it will be enough lol not too worried about that 

Congrats on the NO2!  I'm from Bosnia originally, moved to the states when i was 8 and met my fiancee in 2015 when I was visiting. We talked via Skype and WhatsApp when i went back home and I went to visit this previous July and we got engaged. I provided all evidence of my trip in July as we didn't take any pictures from my first trip when we met so I just have the passport stamps as evidence. I'm going to visit again in January which will be prior to my NO2 based on processing times right now.

Timeline
15 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

Congrats on the NO2!  I'm from Bosnia originally, moved to the states when i was 8 and met my fiancee in 2015 when I was visiting. We talked via Skype and WhatsApp when i went back home and I went to visit this previous July and we got engaged. I provided all evidence of my trip in July as we didn't take any pictures from my first trip when we met so I just have the passport stamps as evidence. I'm going to visit again in January which will be prior to my NO2 based on processing times right now.

I think it sounds good. Don't think there's a reason to worry. You will have new evidence for the interview which is even better. Good luck :) I'm havinng my medical exams tomorrow and interview on the 21st

2 minutes ago, AnaMolina said:

I think it sounds good. Don't think there's a reason to worry. You will have new evidence for the interview which is even better. Good luck :) I'm havinng my medical exams tomorrow and interview on the 21st

Thanks! Good luck to you as well! That's so exciting, you'll be here in no time!! :-) 

Timeline
12 minutes ago, LarisaXoX said:

Thanks! Good luck to you as well! That's so exciting, you'll be here in no time!! :-) 

Hopefully! Thank you :)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline

We don't really know the rfe percentages of the past actually.. so it is hard to say they are giving too many or not.

but this can be caused because of lots of things;

•there are more applications than in the pst(especially May is crazy monster level)

•because of the federal hiring freeze, possibly people quit but not enough trained veterans eyes are on the applications.

•because they are changing the system into digital, lots of files are getting lost? Maybe this is my guess because people are getting rfe for things they sent, and they are making lots of mistakes lately (like sending a k1 to Nebraska and sending an rfe for i-130 asking for marriage certification... poor guy waited so long for this)

•rfes don't really bring them that much extra. From the past interview with an adjudicator we know they just put rfe files aside and continue with the next till rfe sent back to USCIS. So it gives them time while showing the cases touched  are more. And because the numbers are so low, this justifies a few weeks.

do I believe all rfes are unnecessary? No.

do I believe some seems like it? Yes

but it all depends on who touched our petition. What one may come across a problem with something and know the resolution to it, one may never seen it before. (Let's say one knows what tinder is but one doesn't. One thinks that dates pictures are legit, one believes it can be done digitally, easily altered) 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fiammetta said:

Anybody knows if we MUST use the envelope they sent to us in the RFE mail?

I'm not sure we can fit everything in the one USCIS provided.

Does the bar code means something that if we send it into a different one it won't work?

I used a USPS Express envelope and put their envelope in it along with my evidence. It was still received.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

guys, pray for me. may 15 filer...i want to get approved this week!!!

May 15 here also,  29746 here...so don't feel like you're alone and be thankful we were not in the last batch of scans which were almost 100% RFE

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Serj & Anastasia said:

Hello VJ family and friends! For those of you that appliedon May 16th or sooner, please check your mail, according to the case tracker and spinach we are still waiting to get approved, I couldn’t wait any longer so I came to visit my fiancé in Russia. However even tho we are “not approved” yet on the apps... yesterday my Caiden that stays at my house while I’m gon said that I received NOA2 on Saturday. So just you know, check you mail and emails.. and the funny thing is we got approved on 11/03/2017 on 11/07/17 as is was driving into the airport I called the number on NOA1 letter and they said that I’m still not approved and that we are in out time margin... in other words, it seems as tho the people on the phone don’t really know 💩!

Congratulations! I am going to Russia in 2 weeks, can't wait

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
2 hours ago, AnaMolina said:

I dont know, issuing an RFE gives them more work than an approval. NOA 2 letter is the same for everyone, typing specific RFE for each case is more work, imo. 

But idk, for me theres no logic at all lol

Since I'm waiting like everyone else, might as well indulge my conspiracy theories and speculations...

One would think it's more work if they send unwarranted rfe's. See it from the perspective of a govt employee...the petitions will never end so trying to reduce workload is untenable. You cannot stamp approvals/denials all willy-nilly 'cause they will come back and bite you in the rear. You still gotta get your quota so why not send a bunch of unwarranted rfe's and process others. The Petitioners will just reply to it with the same evidence as the first time and move on. Until, of course, someone calls the Ombudsman and its discovered the rfe's are unwarranted. Now the process slows more because they are scrutinizing more closely. Lose-lose situation imo.

Edited by PadieNerkBrapone

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

On 11/10/2017 at 11:04 AM, Marion said:

My visa was approved on Wednesday at the embassy of Paris :D and I wanted to share something with you guys. I know you’ve heard but I feel like it’s necessary to repeat this. 

I am a May 3rd filer and received my NOA2 October 6th (and I know people from May 3rd are still waiting...). This process takes forever. I was losing my mind, couldn’t sleep, wouldn’t eat. I was so sad and desperate but please don’t lose hope. It can go really fast after receiving your NOA2. In only one month I had my interview. Really focus on preparing what you will need during the interview as you wait for NOA2. That saved me a ton of time. Good luck with everything to everyone who is still in the race. Stay as positive as you can. 

congratulation to you!!! omg i also have my interview in paris embassy in one week and im so stress hope its gonna go smooth just like yours 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

is there anyone here 26th May filer? hve you received your NOA2? I asked my Fiance if he recieve any letter in the mail, he keep on checking but still no NOA2. :unsure::(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.