smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, OutOfThisWorld said:

Do not bring this up yourself. In the unlikely case someone asks, be ready to explain the discrepancy (for your own piece of mind more than anything else).

Parents marriage or absence of thereof is immaterial.

Ok.  Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
5 hours ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Question:

Does USCIS/consulate look at beneficiary's parents wedding date and certificate and stuff?

Why should they do that?

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Day 172.

Im almost expecting this to hit day 200 before we even hear anything. Wouldn't be at all surprised. If we get an RFE for more evidence of meeting in person I will feel crazy. We provided about 8 meetings worth of photos, airline tickets, hotel bookings etc.

This is ridiculous.

--- Beneficiary---

NOA1: 24 May 2017

No RFEs
NOA2: 09 September 2017
K1 received : 23 March 2018 :D

Next Step: Flight booked for 15 April 2018 - POE Washington Dulles

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I would like to seek an opinion. Please don't give hurtful comment. This process is tiring. Now it becomes unexpected from time to time. For example, Processing time - Now it becomes 6 months or might be more than 6 months (we will hit our 6 months on this Monday). My fiance and I keep revised our plan since we plan for him to come here during the interview. RFE - I can see many people received unreasonable RFE this month (things that they already provide but USCIS still asking for it and things that are not included in the list required, but suddenly they ask for it). It makes me worry, what else will happen. And the most thing that worries me is the interview. I'm worried about what will happen if they reject us. This process is not 100% depend on us. It depends on the interviewer too. We can do our best, we can make sure we have a solid case, lots of bona fide relationship evidence, answer all the question truthfully and confident. Still, the final decision is not up to us. The interviewer is also a human. Sometimes they might be affected by the emotion and other factors (I'm not saying that all the interviewer is like that. I know they are professional. It just that, they are still human."

Someone might say that, if you guys are really a real couple, you will overcome this obstacle and apply again. However, to be honest. I'm not that strong to go through this process again. I don't want to go through another 6 months without him. It is hard, even now it is so hard. Actually, I have been kicked out of a house by my parents. Now, I'm living alone. To be here without my family around me, did make me feel so lonely. Every time I pass by any places that I visit/hang out with my family, really make me remember them more. And yeah, it did make me cry. Of course, my fiance and I always have a call, message and video call. However, with the 13 hours time difference, it makes things harder. I'm a family oriented person. I spent most of my time with my family. We do lots of activity together. We go out quite frequent (dinner, movie, lunch, shopping and lots more). So now, when I need to be on my own. Doing everything on my own. It really hard. I have friends. But, of course, some of them already married, have a boyfriend and have their own family to spend time with. 

I'm trying to be positive. However, I can't stop thinking about it until I able to find a good back up plan if things are not going to be like what we plan. Some of you might ask me to just think positive. However, thinking positive without a backup plan, make me worry that it will be more hurtful and will break me into pieces when that happens. What will you do if your visa doesn't get approved?

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Timeline
1 hour ago, Brittani said:

This is how I look at it...

Yes, it is very hard but I know without a doubt I have found my soul mate and we have gone through to much to give up now and even if I did try to part ways and find someone closer I would always know that I let my one true love get away and always regret it. Stay strong. This is horrible and most people just don't realize how good they have it.

I don't want to lose him either. I hope that we will get an approval on the first application so that we don't need to go through this again. :(

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

Marriage Certificate

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

@Perfect two 💑 be strong...it's coming. Think American way... if you think you'll fail you will. But if you daydream about your goal it will became true!

Also...it's just a matter of time, you'll get together again, and this time forever!

Before this 6 months waiting we have had to be apart for other reasons, it was maybe even harder, I don't know what is worse, but we made it, and we will make it this time too!

I'm sure if you love each other it will all come together very soon!  :D Be happy, there are many people out there that will never find their love, period! :(

I keep dreaming about we will get an approval. I keep dreaming about our future together. Because of that, I'm afraid that it will hurt me more if it didn't go as what we plan. Yeah, 6 months waiting is crazy. I really hope we will get an approval for the application so that we don't need to go through this again. I will try to be strong. :(

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

Marriage Certificate

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.