smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
17 hours ago, bcoakley06 said:

Yeah we was approved 10/31 never updated just got our NOA2 in the mail on Nov 8th and NVC said we should have our numbers next week. App still says we are pending but i gave up on it since we have NOA 2 in hand.

Congrats, be with your baby soon!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, heenakumthekar33 said:

Hi. 

My noa2 approval date is 18th October. I’m facing the same problem. Three weeks are up and no case number as yet. Calling the NVC everyday like a maniac. They never say anything on the phone? :( this is so bad and frustrating. Is it possible USCIS has really not sent our cases to them :( ?

I have read on VJ before that one can call the USCIS and ask them when they send out the application. That way one can know for sure that the application has been send. 

I have also read somewhere that the average wait for the NVC to receive the application is 2-4 weeks. So there is no need to panic yet. 

Don't get me wrong I am also sick of waiting, and was hoping that the application would have made it to the embassy already. But I am optimistic that the NVC will be working on our cases this coming week, as they have finally started working on cases from our NOA2 dates. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
4 hours ago, jackyjimenez said:

How many time did you go to USA that they thought you were going so many times? if i can ask

Sure no problem.

For different reasons we couldn't get married before, and I couldn't stay very long each time.

• So I went to the US using ESTA on July 2015 and stayed until beginning of August 2015.

In August 2015 I got a B2 visa which it's valid for multiple entries for 10 years, it allows you to stay 6 months at a time.

• I came back using the B2 at the end of September 2015 and left in December 2015.
  • I came back on B2 in June 2016 and I left in July 2016.
  • When I tried to get back again in October 2016 it's when I had that problem in Detroit, so I decided to stay longer and I left in March 2017.

After that time we filed I-129F.

6 Months later we have an RFE!

We got lucky he came once last July for 2 weeks, otherwise we didn't see each others since March! :(

We are so done with all this!

***Waiting for interview***

4 hours ago, Shanne said:

I have read on VJ before that one can call the USCIS and ask them when they send out the application. That way one can know for sure that the application has been send. 

I have also read somewhere that the average wait for the NVC to receive the application is 2-4 weeks. So there is no need to panic yet. 

Don't get me wrong I am also sick of waiting, and was hoping that the application would have made it to the embassy already. But I am optimistic that the NVC will be working on our cases this coming week, as they have finally started working on cases from our NOA2 dates. 

Thanks for the support. Will call up USCIS on Monday and let you know what they say. Hopefully this week is our week!

Timeline

Sent my packet on May 11, 2017 

recvd NOA1 - mid May

recvd NOA1 - First week of November

had and to wait for about 6 months (without RFE)

i’ll wait for 2 weeks to call NVC to check if on the case number 

you will surely hear from them. Just be patient 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
56 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Question:

Does USCIS/consulate look at beneficiary's parents wedding date and certificate and stuff?

Logically, no. What if they are not married?

On the case by case basis --- who knows... We, personally, do not plan on having such paperwork readily available.

Timeline
1 minute ago, OutOfThisWorld said:

Logically, no. What if they are not married?

On the case by case basis --- who knows... We, personally, do not plan on having such paperwork readily available.

We're not sure but my fiance's sisters and brothers all have different marriage dates for their parent's than what was their actual wedding date.  Don't see how that matters in her or us but just wondering if need to be worried at all.

Timeline
1 minute ago, JohnAna05823 said:

We're not sure but my fiance's sisters and brothers all have different marriage dates for their parent's than what was their actual wedding date.  Don't see how that matters in her or us but just wondering if need to be worried at all.

Who or what form is asking you for the beneficiary's parents wedding date?

Timeline

Ether way, nobody really cares about your fiance's siblings. So, do not bring them into the process at all, unless there is a clear need for doing that.

They are not going to be present at the interview.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, OutOfThisWorld said:

Who or what form is asking you for the beneficiary's parents wedding date?

Nobody has asked.  We're just worried her birth certificate date for their marriage may not match what's on their marriage certificate since none of her siblings does.   Just worried if they check and compare for any reason at all.

Timeline
31 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Nobody has asked.  We're just worried her birth certificate date for their marriage may not match what's on their marriage certificate since none of her siblings does.   Just worried if they check and compare for any reason at all.

Do not bring this up yourself. In the unlikely case someone asks, be ready to explain the discrepancy (for your own peace of mind more than anything else).

Parents marriage or absence of thereof is immaterial.

Edited by OutOfThisWorld

Timeline
Just now, OutOfThisWorld said:

Do not bring this up yourself. In the unlikely case someone asks, be ready to explain the discrepancy (for your own piece of mind more than anything else).

Parents marriage or absence of thereof is immaterial.

Ok.  Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.