smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
12 hours ago, bcoakley06 said:

Yeah we was approved 10/31 never updated just got our NOA2 in the mail on Nov 8th and NVC said we should have our numbers next week. App still says we are pending but i gave up on it since we have NOA 2 in hand.

Does the USCIS website still say pending for you 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
11 hours ago, Alexandra 1234 said:

I am May 16 filer. Got my RFE  November,6. Got the letter in the mail today ( November, 10). I am very confused because they requested G-325A form for me and my fiancé to be filled out eventhough I submitted the newest version of I-129F. So weird. Has it happened to anybody else? 

I figured some may get caught in this. I filled it out just in case. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 hours ago, MandW said:

Seen this several times, why are they asking for evidence you met when you already sent in the required evidence? Do they not look at the photographs? Makes me wonder if they lose your stuff or misplace it

In my opinion...they use RFE  as a way to CYA.....Didn't  do nearly enough work this week? Just pick a general category that easily applies to everyone AND has no defined requirements and ask for more information...this allows them to show those cases as having been processed...A>K>A, actually worked on when ,in fact,none  of them were...its a way to keep their stats up in the office...Most unionized office jobs are heavily statically driven...Don't work too slow, or to fast...or else you monkey with overtime justification ...This is just my personal opinion of what might be happening...and im adding my 2 cent to this conversation...

.So , please don't start scolding me...ive had more than one federal union job and i speak from personal observations . Dont mean i think i right in this case.  Even though i probably am.LOL

On 11/10/2017 at 5:01 PM, Shanne said:

I agree, our NOA 2 was October 19th and the NVC just keep saying that they have not received our case yet. 
From looking at other peoples timelines on VJ, it looks like there are only 3 people that got there NOA 2 between October 16-20th that have been tolled there case has been received at the NVC, and all there cases were received within the last few days. I know it is annoying to wait. But we are not alone, and hopefully we will hear relay soon, as they are handling cases with our NOA 2 dates. 

It does not look like nationality matters when receiving the NVC number. But it looks like embassy country matters when it comes to how fast the embassy tells you they have received your application. 

Hi. 

My noa2 approval date is 18th October. I’m facing the same problem. Three weeks are up and no case number as yet. Calling the NVC everyday like a maniac. They never say anything on the phone? :( this is so bad and frustrating. Is it possible USCIS has really not sent our cases to them :( ?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Costa Rica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fiammetta said:

Even I desperately need to go visit my fiancé, we decided to wait and not gamble.

Because if they reject me, then it will be more difficult to have my K1 visa.

I used to enter the country with ESTA first, then with B2 tourist visa.

Last time they got suspicious at POE Detroit because I've been coming and going too often, they said.

So they kept me in a police office for 2 hours while a policeman went through EVERYTHING it's in my phone, he read emails ,sms, facebook, whatsapp...everything! And afterwards he questioned me about it all (he even memorized things!)

Obviously he found nothing wrong, he was looking to see if I was trying to immigrate illegally, he even asked if we were planning on getting married (which we were not at that time). I even had return ticket, I never overstayed a visa anywhere, but it didn't seems to make any difference for him.

Finally he let me in, but after that experience I really understood to don't mess with them not even a little!

So I just do everything exactly how it should be done.

I also found lawyers on line that give you all conditions that would give you a sure rejection :(

How many time did you go to USA that they thought you were going so many times? if i can ask

31-08-2017 ---   I-129F SENT

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline
4 hours ago, tpeach said:

Day 180

Not a milestone that I wanted to hit. Hopefully I will not have to wait past Day 182!!!! 

Not a milestone I wanted to hit either. But, this Monday, we will be hitting that. We keep revised our plan. Hopefully we will not have to do again. It is tough.... 

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F Sent : 2017-05-12

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

NVC Received Date:                 2018-01-16

NVC Case No. assigned:         2018-01-16

NVC Left:                                    2018-01-20

Consulate Received:                2018-01-22

Packet 3 Received:                   2018-01-27

Packet 3 Sent:                           2018-01-27

Interview Date:                          2018-03-08

Visa Received:                          2018-03-13

US Entry:                                    2018-03-19

SSN Application:                      2018-04-03

SSN Received:                          2018-05-02

Marriage:                                   2018-05-05

Marriage Certificate

Received:                                   2018-05-15

Change name in SSN:             2018-06-04

AOS, AP & EAD submitted:    2018-07-06

NOA 1 (email):                          2018-07-10

NOA 1 (mail):                            2018-07-16

Biometric app:                          2018-08-09

EAD & AP Received:                2018-xx-xx

AOS Interview:                          2018-09-24 
Approval/Denied:                      Approved 

Green Card Received:             2018-09-29

Timeline
1 hour ago, Maria1989 said:

I figured some may get caught in this. I filled it out just in case. 

Same like me. I filled it out just in case. Since I'm not sure what will happen.

DISCLAIMER: I'm not working with USCIS/NVC and never work with them. All my comment based on my own experience and what I read. 

"When you have a fight with your partner, remember that it is not you against your partner but it is both of you against the problem" :) 

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

2017-11-29 (Date on hard copy) / 2017-11-30 (Date USCIS Website/Online Tracker App)

Marriage Certificate

Timeline
3 hours ago, Cyxs said:

I've visited twice during the K-1 process, July and October. As far as I can tell - atleast until the point of your NOA2, they have no record of your application due to it being the petitioners request rather than the beneficiaries.

You are so lucky to be able to visit the petitioner. I wish I can do that. I miss him like crazy. But, I can't visit him because I don't have any visa yet 😭😭😭😭😭

I-129F NOA1 :

I-129F NOA2:

2017-06-17

Marriage Certificate

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
35 minutes ago, Perfect two 💑 said:

This is how I feel about this process. And I believe that this is how most of the people here feel, especially those who already get their RFE and it is ridiculous! It be like "what else do you want" "can you just approve our petition" 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

http_%2F%2Fmashable.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2013%2F06%2FBrave1.gif

Totally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
12 minutes ago, jozi333 said:

My fiance and I were approved yesterday! NOA1 date was May 25! 

Congrats!!! 🎉🎉🎉 how did you get it? Via app status update, email notification?

Edited by Shaman

Just now, Shaman said:

Congrats!!! 🎉🎉🎉 how did you get it? Via app status update, email notification?

Letter sent to our lawyer's office! App status still hasnt updated

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jozi333 said:

Letter sent to our lawyer's office! App status still hasnt updated

I am both happy for you guys 🎉🎉🎉 and for us at the same time - our approval might also me on its way in hard copy 🤞

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
17 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

I know I'm late to today's party but I was one of the members that said I got nothing done and dealt with USCIS and etc. I'm hoping you weren't throwing any shade or insult my way, right @The Squirrel? You were just using this to prove a point right?

Because with you being my USCIS Approval Predictor with your magic crystal ball, I would hate to think you trying to be shady?

This is the kind of stuff I'd complained about before. Not you, of course. But the rudeness coming from others who's days haven't even been touched, let alone passed. This is a stressful process. Just wait till his day comes and he'll be eating his words.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.