smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,975 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, JenD said:

Has anyone on this forum been able to visit their fiance(e) in the US on an ESTA during this process? Our lawyer said my fiancé could not. I've seen people (I think on this forum) who have been denied entry. So I find it so painful when people (usually from previous years), post about how their fiancé visited multiple times on an ESTA while their K-1 was processing.

I think this week has been particularly hard on those of us how had hoped our fiancés would be here by Christmas (and for us, all our anger at our lawyer for sending the wrong fee and setting us back 5 weeks has come up again). So seeing all those April filers (we initially filed at the beginning of April) at their POEs or even getting married also adds to the pain.

But I'm grateful for the support here - and for the humor!

I did but it was literally right after we filed and noa1 came when I was there. I told I'm visiting my fiancé and that he is in the hospital. Nothing else it was the easiest entry I ever did. It took me 15 minutes when I said boyfriend in when I visited in May.

I am also visiting for Christmas, I'm scared a bit because we will be taking our cats back but have all my papers ready, and I think it won't be a problem 🤞 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
21 minutes ago, JenD said:

Has anyone on this forum been able to visit their fiance(e) in the US on an ESTA during this process? Our lawyer said my fiancé could not. I've seen people (I think on this forum) who have been denied entry. So I find it so painful when people (usually from previous years), post about how their fiancé visited multiple times on an ESTA while their K-1 was processing.

My Fiancée visited while on the ESTA.  We prepared a ton of evidence, including the copy of the NOA1, her employment records, a written statement from me stating that we would be following the law and not getting married before the visa was approved, a return ticket, her traveler's insurance, etc.  But they didn't even ask her anything other than when she was leaving.

I don't know how your experience would be in other places, but ours was very smooth visiting.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JGEP said:

My Fiancée visited while on the ESTA.  We prepared a ton of evidence, including the copy of the NOA1, her employment records, a written statement from me stating that we would be following the law and not getting married before the visa was approved, a return ticket, her traveler's insurance, etc.  But they didn't even ask her anything other than when she was leaving.

I don't know how your experience would be in other places, but ours was very smooth visiting.

Where is your usual POE? I seem to remember reading that someone got denied in Dublin.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am May 16 filer. Got my RFE  November,6. Got the letter in the mail today ( November, 10). I am very confused because they requested G-325A form for me and my fiancé to be filled out eventhough I submitted the newest version of I-129F. So weird. Has it happened to anybody else? 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JenD said:

Where is your usual POE? I seem to remember reading that someone got denied in Dublin.

She flew into LAX.  This was in early September.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Fariha&Safwan said:

Oh and p.s never said anyone should be fired... just saying! 

oh trust me, some of them NEED to be fired.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, JenD said:

I think this week has been particularly hard on those of us how had hoped our fiancés would be here by Christmas (and for us, all our anger at our lawyer for sending the wrong fee and setting us back 5 weeks has come up again). So seeing all those April filers (we initially filed at the beginning of April) at their POEs or even getting married also adds to the pain.

Hi! 

We filed May 24 and I traveled (POE Dulles IA) this July. I had a letter from my employer, a letter from my bank showing my income over the past 6 months (i have a very well paid job here), notary translation of my passport to show I have 2 kids that stayed at home and the translation of their birth certificates and a return ticket. I didn't have to show them - the officer only asked the purpose of the visit and the return date. 

My tourist visa expired this October, I will apply for a new one if we're not approved next week so that I can travel to spend Christmas holidays (we have 10 days off from Catholic to Orthodox Christmas). 

So I'd say it is worth trying!!! ✌️✌️✌️

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
9 hours ago, Shoegum said:

RFE day

WAC1790317415 5/3/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790324121 5/9/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790324229 5/9/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329091 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329384 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329441 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329727 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329730 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329779 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329781 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329787 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329788 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329889 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329890 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329914 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790329915 5/15/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790332646 5/17/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790332653 5/17/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790333853 5/18/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Date of Birth Was Updated
WAC1790333887 5/18/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790334090 5/18/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790334141 5/18/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790334162 5/18/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790336394 5/18/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790339225 5/23/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790339535 5/23/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790342054 5/25/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790342137 5/25/2017 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed
WAC1790349481 05/18/17 11/10/2017 Your Current Status: Request for Additional Evidence Was Mailed

@Shoegum is there a full list of people that got RFE that we can check while they get approval? I think we are so many right now!

My RFE arrived in the mail yesterday (after a week of waiting)!

It's ridiculous what they ask!

They say on my fiancé divorce decree there is no signature of a judge OBVIOUSLY NOT TRUE!

And they say evidence of meeting requirements are not enough!

Has anybody ever noticed they even write in the RFE that videos of the 2 people together it's not an evidence? That's crazy (we didn't send a video, just saying)

Feel like they need to be there with us to believe it!

And they want more signed statements from us to know how we met etc, which we already submitted too!

After 4 years relationship and after living together we have so much evidence they'll be sorry they even asked! 😂

@alexmc030 did you get yours yet?

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline
3 hours ago, JenD said:

Hi.. i just went to California last September to visit my uncle. I and my fiance met there for me to introduce him to my relatives in Cali. My fiance is from NY.. so we had vacation for almost 3 weeks in Cali and Vegas.. my K1 is on process since we filed it May. 

Our lawyer told us too that i may be question since we filed k1 and its on process... but i entered very smoothly.. i travelled to US even before i met my fiance.. so i think entering US while K1 visa is still on process will not be a problem..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
10 hours ago, Athelstan said:

Got my RFE letter for my May 22nd application. They want proof we met in person. The suggested evidence they list is a written statement from either of us that we have met, copies aitline ticket stubs and receipts, copies of the passport identification page and admission stamps, any other evidence that would help them determine that we met, and then photographs.

We did most of this with the application and I'll pedantically include everything again plus a few fiddly bits they suggest.

Seen this several times, why are they asking for evidence you met when you already sent in the required evidence? Do they not look at the photographs? Makes me wonder if they lose your stuff or misplace it

August 4 2017 - I-129F Sent to USCIS

August 7 2017 I-129F Delivered

August 9 2017 NOA1 Sent out

August 14 2017 - Received email from Lawyer NOA1 received

August 28 2017 - Returned to USA/NOA1 was in the mail waiting for me delivered on August 14th according to my brother who collected my mail

September 7 2017 - 1 month into waiting for NOA2

October 7 2017 - 2 months into waiting for NOA2

November 7th 2017 - 3 months into waiting for NOA2

December 7th 2017 - 4 months into waiting for NOA2

January 7th 2018 - 5 months into waiting for NOA2

February 7th 2018 - 6 months into waiting for NOA2

February 17th 2018 - NOA2 - APPROVED!! noa1-noa2 194 days

February 20 2108 - NOA2 Mailed

February 24 2018 - NOA2 Received

March 5th 2018 - NVC Received Case

March 7th 2018 - NVC Case number received.

March 7th 2018 - DS-160 Submitted online

March 17th 2018 - Case sent to embassy

March 18th 2018 - Case Arrived embassy NVC says "Ready"

March 23 2018 - Medical exam completed

April 30 2018 - Interview - 221g - Administrative processing

December 12 2018 - Email from embassy Administrative processing completed request to send passport, new 221g , new medical

December 24 2018 - New medical exam

January 9 2019 - Medical ready for pickup, sent passport to embassy

January 10 2019 - Passport received by embassy.....case update as well

January 11 2019 - CEAC page shows visa status ISSUED!

January 14 2019 - Visa received.

January 15 2019 - POE - Dallas Ft Worth - Arrived Mobile Al airport - now home with me.

Timeline
11 hours ago, Athelstan said:

Got my RFE letter for my May 22nd application. They want proof we met in person. The suggested evidence they list is a written statement from either of us that we have met, copies aitline ticket stubs and receipts, copies of the passport identification page and admission stamps, any other evidence that would help them determine that we met, and then photographs.

We did most of this with the application and I'll pedantically include everything again plus a few fiddly bits they suggest.

Same here! :( Very annoying!

Did you see where they say VIDEOS are not an evidence? Just can't understand that...Do they want us to provide a time machine and take somebody from USCIS with us back in time to show them we where together 4 years long???!!! So stupid...

Oh and in our case they said his divorce decree it's not readable because there is a filing stamp from the court house above his name, and they invented it wasn't signed in by a judge... that's ridiculous and obviously not true!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 hours ago, JenD said:

Did people have a problem obtaining the k1 if they were denied to enter the country with k1 pending? 

My fiance is visiting soon and I'll be going back with him for 2 weeks to visit his family over Christmas. Would it be an advantage if my fiancé is with me at the same line when passing immigration? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Day 180

Not a milestone that I wanted to hit. Hopefully I will not have to wait past Day 182!!!! 

Edited by tpeach

Timeline

I've visited twice during the K-1 process, July and October. As far as I can tell - atleast until the point of your NOA2, they have no record of your application due to it being the petitioners request rather than the beneficiaries.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Cyxs said:

I've visited twice during the K-1 process, July and October. As far as I can tell - atleast until the point of your NOA2, they have no record of your application due to it being the petitioners request rather than the beneficiaries.

Even I desperately need to go visit my fiancé, we decided to wait and not gamble.

Because if they reject me, then it will be more difficult to have my K1 visa.

I used to enter the country with ESTA first, then with B2 tourist visa.

Last time they got suspicious at POE Detroit because I've been coming and going too often, they said.

So they kept me in a police office for 2 hours while a policeman went through EVERYTHING it's in my phone, he read emails ,sms, facebook, whatsapp...everything! And afterwards he questioned me about it all (he even memorized things!)

Obviously he found nothing wrong, he was looking to see if I was trying to immigrate illegally, he even asked if we were planning on getting married (which we were not at that time). I even had return ticket, I never overstayed a visa anywhere, but it didn't seems to make any difference for him.

Finally he let me in, but after that experience I really understood to don't mess with them not even a little!

So I just do everything exactly how it should be done.

I also found lawyers on line that give you all conditions that would give you a sure rejection :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.