smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Omgsendhalp said:

I have mail on my delivery thing coming today though so I don't think all are? 

I walked to the post office - closed. Looked on the side where they have their trucks, it is like a cemetery - dead :lol:. So, unless New York is different than your town, it should not be open.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

I walked to the post office - closed. Looked on the side where they have their trucks, it is like a cemetery - dead :lol:. So, unless New York is different than your town, it should not be open.

Nah my town has like 4 people in the post office so I highly doubt that is happening.. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Omgsendhalp said:

Nah my town has like 4 people in the post office so I highly doubt that is happening.. 

most post offices only have about 4 people working at any given time anyway ...Federal Union Jobs...lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
16 hours ago, JGEP said:

Hey guys, I found this site a while back and have been lurking a while.  Really thankful to everyone here, it's nice knowing my fiancée and I aren't alone in this crazy process.  

We're May 15 filers, on day 178 right now, just hoping to hear some good news.

We feel your pain! good luck to you

We just were informed by email that an RFE is on the way! I guess it's not exactly what we wanted to hear, but at least they have looked at our case! We filed May 15th. 

We weren't planning on this happening so we have few questions:

How much time should it add to our processing time?

How long did it take to receive RFE once mailed?

How long for them to approve once submitted?

I have seen people write about being able to sign up at the post office for notification when thing arrive? Can I do that for the RFE? If so how do I do that?

Thank you for your responses in advance!!

GUYS GUYS - SORRY SORRY SORRY !!!

I have to eat my words, the mailman just walked into my job. :huh::huh: He said that the building is closed, but they deliver not to get backed up.

I apologize for disinformation, sorry again ! 

4 minutes ago, COJO said:

We just were informed by email that an RFE is on the way! I guess it's not exactly what we wanted to hear, but at least they have looked at our case! We filed May 15th. 

We weren't planning on this happening so we have few questions:

How much time should it add to our processing time?

How long did it take to receive RFE once mailed?

How long for them to approve once submitted?

I have seen people write about being able to sign up at the post office for notification when thing arrive? Can I do that for the RFE? If so how do I do that?

Thank you for your responses in advance!!

1. it would take 2 weeks to a month from what I'm seeing

2. For me, it took 4 days to get to me in the mail from the time they said I was RFEed on the online tracker

3. I'm still waiting. I submitted mine last week and they received it last week according to USPS

4. https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Edited by K1VisaApplicant05

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Don't some of the adjudicators work from home, too? I remember seeing something about that and I'm too lazy to look it up myself......all that typing and clicking.....:jest: 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Marion said:

My visa was approved on Wednesday at the embassy of Paris :D and I wanted to share something with you guys. I know you’ve heard but I feel like it’s necessary to repeat this. 

I am a May 3rd filer and received my NOA2 October 6th (and I know people from May 3rd are still waiting...). This process takes forever. I was losing my mind, couldn’t sleep, wouldn’t eat. I was so sad and desperate but please don’t lose hope. It can go really fast after receiving your NOA2. In only one month I had my interview. Really focus on preparing what you will need during the interview as you wait for NOA2. That saved me a ton of time. Good luck with everything to everyone who is still in the race. Stay as positive as you can. 

Good word. I hope everyone is not totally focused on the NOA2 and neglect to look beyond it and prepare for the interview. NOA2 is a big one, but the interview is the ONE we must pass.

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

18 minutes ago, K1VisaApplicant05 said:

1. it would take 2 weeks to a month from what I'm seeing

2. For me, it took 4 days to get to me in the mail from the time they said I was RFEed on the online tracker

3. I'm still waiting. I submitted mine last week and they received it last week according to USPS

4. https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Thank you!!! Thank you!! One more question...How did you mail it back to them?? I have heard some say there is a return envelope inside? Or is there a faster way?? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
13 hours ago, Daphney said:

Sorry I didn't know it's was the famous pending list, so you don't have to bother your calm I delete it 

:P:D

"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and

petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, and the peace of God, that is superior to every frame of mind, shall be garrisoning your hearts and your apprehensions in Christ Jesus."

Citizenship
Event Date
Service Center : Online
CIS Office : Houston TX
Date Filed : 2022-03-12
NOA Date : 2022-03-13
Bio. Appt. :  
Interview Date : 2023-01-06
Approved : Yes
Oath Ceremony : 2023-01-21

USPS INFORMED DELIVERYhttps://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.