smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, Trinab80 said:

I don't understand how you feel that us late May filers are being insensitive to you early May filers. WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! REGARDLESS ON WHAT PART OF THE TIMELINE WE ARE WAITING THE FACT IS, WE ARE ALL WAITING!!!

I'm confused how people like yourself who are calling others insensitive simply because a person voices their feelings about their receive date being skipped or overlooked and taking it like they are being disrespectful and rude by not acknowledging that earlier May filers are still waiting. 

I would find it insensitive for those to think we late May filers are should not be able to express our frustration simply because early May filers are still waiting. No one is overlooking or overshadowing that fact but this forum was created for ALL to be able to vent on how we feel.

AT THE END OF THE DAY, WE ARE ALL STRIVING FOR THE SAME THING REGARDLESS ON WHEN WE FILED AND WHAT ARE RECEIVED DATES ARE!!!! 

No one in here controls how USCIS processes our petitions as it has been said plenty of times that USCIS DOES NOT review in chronological order. It all depends on the specific adjudicator and where the petition falls in the stack!

Yes, I'm a late May filer as my receive date is May 23rd so I speak for the rest of those that are at the end of month when I say this.....none of us can control who gets their approval before the next person. Therefore, don't call others insensitive simply because we express the same frustration as everyone else here has when they see they've been skipped. 

WE ARE STRIVING FOR SAME THING PEOPLE!!! STOP CREATING MORE TENSION IN THIS GROUP WHEN WE ARE IN THIS TOGETHER!!!!!!!

No one in here is the enemy.....USCIS is the cause of all this!!! Remember that!!!

I think they meant those that are not being skipped yet, because their receive date hasn't shown up in scans, those late May filers that are saying things like we're done, and stop complaining about being skipped. Stuff like that... Nobody said you are being insensitive. I think you took this personally and that's not how it was meant. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

I totally understand how things can be confusing and it's to ask for help as we all will do our best to provide much as we can. My point is to use this waiting time to get informed and prepare for what's next to come.

While I understand you're saying that there's not many people here from Haiti to assist, so the only thing I can recommend to you to review the immigration guides found on the top part of this site and review the steps that are required. You can also review your Embassy's Website and also go to https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html - which provides a step by step process and what will be needed. On this site, it provides a Q&A Section and also information can be found pertaining to your Embassy.

Most of the information has been provided several times before by other members which you can search for by typing in the search field in the right side corner what your looking for. However, the standard steps after NOA2 and have your case has been received by the NVC are as follows:

• Get your NVC Case #
  • Fill out the DS-160 (the foreigner/beneficiary fills this out - this is the visa application. make sure to print out confirmation page; you will needed it for your medical exam and interview)
  • Pay the visa fee
  • Pay courier fee (courier that you will be using to have your US passport with visa issued to have shipped to you once you are approved and the Embassy prepares your package)
  • Schedule medical exam (can only be scheduled after DS-160 is filled out and completed)
  • Schedule interview (earliest you can schedule interview is 10 days after medical exam)
  • Start preparing and gathering supporting docs for your Affidavit of Support
  • Update your letters of intent by changing the dates so that the dates are closer to the time of interview
  • Collect additional proof of ongoing relationship
  • Start reviewing the questions that are asked so you know how to answering them without any hesitation

These are the some of things that you will need to do.

Added note: I just went your country's portal and your Embassy information was recently updated with how and what is needed for this process: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Haiti&cty=Port-au-Prince

I would recommend you review this information.

Thank you so much for your help

I'm praying for us all 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, useful89 said:

Sorry but this post is just off. So because others have waited longer than others, only those who have waited the lost have a right to be upset? You realize that some people wait MONTHS after same-month applicants have already entered the country? It's just how it is. No one should make themselves king/queen to decide who can be miserable and who can't. I understand your angst and would be going nuts too if i were in the same situation, but every situation is unique and you don't know each person's situation. Maybe you've waited X days longer than me, but also maybe your fiancé is from an ESTA country and so could come here whenever, whereas some of us have fiancées who will never get tourist visas so we haven't seen them for months and thus are solely reliant on NOA2 approval til we can see them again. Being a May 15th filer doesn't give one the right  to minimize the suffering of a May 16th, etc. this place is to commiserate and share knowledge, not to police who can and cannot express dissatisfaction with an extremely inefficient process. I try not to rant on here but I couldn't help myself this time. I hope you get NOA2 approval ASAP. 

Your reply to my post is so ignorant!!

I was merely reiterating posts that have been posted previously. 

I was merely reiterating that sensitivity should be used before posting - in order that others are not offended. 

Please note: I never used caps lock to reply to posts - a respect that was not shown to me by other members. 

I am the beneficiary (in the UK) and I have not seen my fiancée since August 2016! There are circumstances behind everyone’s situation - all should be taken into account. 

As far as I’m concerned, this is closed. 

I am closing this VJ account as I just don’t need the stress from inconsiderate people like you. 

Anyone else who has a problem with my posts can, quite frankly - DO ONE!!

PKG1090 - out!

3 hours ago, LabOz said:

You may spend more on airfare but there is a tax saving by being married on or before 12/31/2017.

Have you considered just letting her do the interview sooner as spots fill up fast that way at least she will have her visa already and then you can figure on flights in January or Feb.

She should easily be able to get an interview in December. 

Just a thought.

I wanted to be there for the interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

@Shoegum the good news is you were right, this was my week and you made it to make it happen in the last day (so that my weekend won't suck too bad!)

Bad news, I got and RFE :(

So now I have billions of questions!!! Hope somebody want to answer to me even if probably these question were asked before many times:

• How long it usually takes them to process the additional information we sent once they receive it?
  • Is there any way to know what they are asking for before we get the mail in the mailbox? (My fiancè called them right after we got the news and they said exactly what's written on the USCIS case status page. He asked to be transferred to a tier 2 and they said for now the tranfer are being blocked until Monday.)
  • Is there anything we can do to speed up this process?

The funny thing is even we got an RFE I still feel relieved theyactually touched our case and "we exist" in the scan!

I had the impression people were saying before in this forum that once they got RFE things were faster, is that true?

Any information that can help me right now is more than welcome, I want to spend the weekend knowinf avery possible thing and be ready to act next week as soon as we know what they want! :)

***Waiting for interview***

Timeline
18 minutes ago, useful89 said:

Sorry but this post is just off. So because others have waited longer than others, only those who have waited the lost have a right to be upset? You realize that some people wait MONTHS after same-month applicants have already entered the country? It's just how it is. No one should make themselves king/queen to decide who can be miserable and who can't. I understand your angst and would be going nuts too if i were in the same situation, but every situation is unique and you don't know each person's situation. Maybe you've waited X days longer than me, but also maybe your fiancé is from an ESTA country and so could come here whenever, whereas some of us have fiancées who will never get tourist visas so we haven't seen them for months and thus are solely reliant on NOA2 approval til we can see them again. Being a May 15th filer doesn't give one the right  to minimize the suffering of a May 16th, etc. this place is to commiserate and share knowledge, not to police who can and cannot express dissatisfaction with an extremely inefficient process. I try not to rant on here but I couldn't help myself this time. I hope you get NOA2 approval ASAP. 

I really hate the arguing in here. This is supposed to be a place of encouragement. Unfortunately all of our tensions are high because quite frankly last year it was 90 days and it really should be the same this year. What @PKG1090 (my fiancé) is stating is it really sucks when people after us are upset about not receiving and expecting to receive their approvals prior to people who filed before them.   I understand that cases are all different and I sadly hate to admit that I wish our case was approved before everyone’s but I’m not on here talking about how they skipped our case because I fully know that there are people way before me that have waited longer for their approval. It’s called courtesy. It really is a giant slap in the face to those people when others who filed later than us say “damn why did they skip our number...again”. As an earlier filer, it does make me say “#######?!”  Because why should later filers get approved before us?  I know it’s the system but my heart still says it’s wrong.  

I get that you are frustrated.  Like he said it’s been 15 months since I have been able to hold him...he lives in an esta country but it was denied due to lake of proof he will go back to the UK.  The amount of stuff that he has been through and gone thru just in order to spend time with me is amazing. He is an amazing man.  It’s easy to judge when you don’t know the situation. Many people (not just him @PKG1090) have said that it hurts to see people at later dates talking about how bad it is for them....it’s bad for all of us. Express your frustration. That is fine but please know that there are people that have been waiting longer that may also be frustrated...maybe even more frustrated than you are. I know it’s hard to imagine but everyday is worse than the day before. We have 173 days of frustration, depression, anxiety, stress, and loneliness and just when you think it’s not going to get worse...it just keeps getting worse. Not knowing when it’s going to happen. Wondering if someone lost our case or if there is something wrong. None of us have a clue what our futures hold...there is nothing worse than not knowing when your going to hold the person you love so much again.  I’m sorry that all of us are going thru this but my sympathy lays more with those that know nothing since May 11 or before.  ...and of course us (just because I care about our case most...as all of us do). Just be respectful that there are people that have waited a hell of a lot longer than all of us and they really just don’t want to hear it. 

Do not laugh or mock other people...it’s not necessary. He was making a general statement that wasn’t pointed at anyone. There is no need to go after him. He is extremely frustrated with this whole thing. We just want to be together and it is very emotional for both of us....for all of us. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I am may 15 I just want my case to move. I understand there are others waiting longer. Yesterday one case before mine approved, today next case after mine approved. I don't understand why the pass over. I wouldn't think my case has been taken home with someone out of order with the approval on both sides the last two days. Yes maybe Monday, or not. Waiting longer is just part of the process that has no direction or cause. Better fo me to release my anxiety here with those that understand. It is what it is nothing anyone can do about it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Wow.... I'm a July filer. I agree that the same way there are extremely good natured helpful people here, there are also some that are quite abrasive (nicest term I could find... Hahaha). 

I'm not sure where this is all getting personal. But as we all wait... Let's take some time to try to be a better version of ourselves. Worse thing that can happen is going through this process and then getting a divorce because we mistreated our loved ones (the same way we are mistreating perfect strangers here). Divorce rate is at 50% so as in love as we all are, let's not fool ourselves and think it will never happen to us (I'm sure all divorced people can say they never thought they would get divorced either). So let's also work on making our respective marriages last no just starting them.

So let's all reflect on this and for those who think they are perfect... Please seek help for your delusions of grandeur, lol. I know this is stressful and finding other people not manage this stress well is annoying and angers us... But no comment in VJ is going to make your approval process faster nor slower... All comments are to be taken with a grain of salt (although some sugar, humor, positive comment, magic wands would be helpful here too, lol).

God bless y'all.

Service Center : California Service Center
Transferred? No
Consulate : Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
I-129F Sent : 2017-07-01
I-129F NOA1 : 2017-07-05
I-129F RFE(s) :  
RFE Reply(s) :  
I-129F NOA2 : 2018-01-31
NVC Received : 2018-02-12
Date Case #, IIN, and BIN assigned : 2018-02-12
NVC Left : 2018-02-14
Consulate Received : 2018-02-21
Packet 3 Received : 2018-03-08
Packet 3 Sent : 2018-03-09

59 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

I think they meant those that are not being skipped yet, because their receive date hasn't shown up in scans, those late May filers that are saying things like we're done, and stop complaining about being skipped. Stuff like that... Nobody said you are being insensitive. I think you took this personally and that's not how it was meant. 

I didn't take it too personally. His response to @Joyax who was expressing her frustration of May 15, 16, etc, and his rude response to that. 

His response was absolutely wrong and that's my point. The scan situation I wasn't referring to. 

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

1 hour ago, Fiammetta said:

@Shoegum the good news is you were right, this was my week and you made it to make it happen in the last day (so that my weekend won't suck too bad!)

Bad news, I got and RFE :(

So now I have billions of questions!!! Hope somebody want to answer to me even if probably these question were asked before many times:

• How long it usually takes them to process the additional information we sent once they receive it?
  • Is there any way to know what they are asking for before we get the mail in the mailbox? (My fiancè called them right after we got the news and they said exactly what's written on the USCIS case status page. He asked to be transferred to a tier 2 and they said for now the tranfer are being blocked until Monday.)
  • Is there anything we can do to speed up this process?

The funny thing is even we got an RFE I still feel relieved theyactually touched our case and "we exist" in the scan!

I had the impression people were saying before in this forum that once they got RFE things were faster, is that true?

Any information that can help me right now is more than welcome, I want to spend the weekend knowinf avery possible thing and be ready to act next week as soon as we know what they want! :)

It can take 7-10 business days to receive the hardcopy RFE. There's no way of knowing what the RFE is for until you get it but it can vary from proof of meeting or circumstances of how you two met. It can be something missed on the petition that wasn't filled out correctly. What I would recommend that you review your packet and see what might be missing and this way you might be able to prepare. 

Make sure to overnight the supporting documentation for the RFE and track the package so you know it's been received. Once USCIS receives it back, it can take 2-3 weeks for a response back.

ROC Filing:

4/21/2021 - Sent ROC Package via FedEx

4/22/2021 - FedEx package delivered and signed

5/11/2021 - Check cashed

5/14/2021 - Received NOA1 via mail (NOA1 date: 5/8/2021)

6/9/2021 -  Biometrics waived - Case updated to Fingerprints taken

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Guys, there's a handy little function I discovered on people's profile where you can ignore them and never have to see their posts again. So annoying snowflakes like @PKG1090 never have to show up on your forum again.... 

Edited by Geo_nerd82

On 11/2/2017 at 10:36 AM, Kween said:

Amen..to that, my fiance lives in DR but he's from Haiti so we think it may be better if he have his interview in Haiti would that make a difference since he lives in the DR?

Idk thats something you have to ask... Thats a good question.... I would think he would have to do it from santo domingo but if hes from haiti is it suppost to be there home town... Or home country or... Idk... What did you put on the app? 

Edited by Nenaa
Misspelled

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.