smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, TeeSam said:

Thank you! @The Squirrel. Some folks are so upset about the wait time instead of buying themselves reading up on the next step and getting their paperwork ready. I see oh I'm at day 498 then as soon as they're approved I see "so what do I do next?" SMH like really?

woooooooooooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrdddddddddd! :D 

I understand you can't prepare all of it, but 90%... like police certificates shouldn't be older than 3 months here, so I will order it 1 month prior to my estimated approval date... but the rest should be ready.

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

4 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Me and the lady submitted our DS-160 today but after talking we have decided to schedule everything in january to allow more savings and let airline ticket prices drop some more, December is high priced no matter which way we look at it.

don't know about the exact destination, but my recommendation (with lots of travel booking experience based on my job),

always compare on expedia.com, kayak.com and skyscanner.com at the same time! sadly - the exaaaact same flight may be up to 100-150 cheaper sometimes just as it's on a different page! also best days to book a flight is Tuesday-Thursday.

that saves me big money every time we book our flights :)

4 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

Me and the lady submitted our DS-160 today but after talking we have decided to schedule everything in january to allow more savings and let airline ticket prices drop some more, December is high priced no matter which way we look at it.

No kidding.  December tickets to the Philippines are ridiculous.  I am going on December 9 but I'm flying on a United Buddy pass.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, Swissmiss82 said:

don't know about the exact destination, but my recommendation (with lots of travel booking experience based on my job),

always compare on expedia.com, kayak.com and skyscanner.com at the same time! sadly - the exaaaact same flight may be up to 100-150 cheaper sometimes just as it's on a different page! also best days to book a flight is Tuesday-Thursday.

that saves me big money every time we book our flights :)

I have tried them all and for flights to Manila, Expedia always wins (if you buy economy and upgrade to Economy plus through the airline itself).  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

1 minute ago, John & Rose said:

I have tried them all and for flights to Manila, Expedia always wins (if you buy economy and upgrade to Economy plus through the airline itself).  

oh maybe it's your destination with Manila.

Over the past 3 years we booked about 16 flights and we literally switched back and forth between these companies. twice we even booked directly on united as it was the cheapest :) but I guess it's all about investigating and investing an hour or so to do the proper savings

aaaaaaaaaaaah 16 more hours and my fiancé is here!!!! :wub:

Just now, Swissmiss82 said:

oh maybe it's your destination with Manila.

Over the past 3 years we booked about 16 flights and we literally switched back and forth between these companies. twice we even booked directly on united as it was the cheapest :) but I guess it's all about investigating and investing an hour or so to do the proper savings

aaaaaaaaaaaah 16 more hours and my fiancé is here!!!! :wub:

16 hours!!!!  I have 36 days until I see them.  With Expedia I have seen round trip Chicago Manila for as little as $300 and they average around $500.  I'm lucky to live only about 15 minutes from O'Hare and it is a major hub to anywhere.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Just now, John & Rose said:

16 hours!!!!  I have 36 days until I see them.  With Expedia I have seen round trip Chicago Manila for as little as $300 and they average around $500.  I'm lucky to live only about 15 minutes from O'Hare and it is a major hub to anywhere.

WOAH you are lucky! :o  these prices are awesome!!!!

I think if our prices were like this, I'd be there every month :(

Sadly ours are between 900 - 1300 every time. luckily, we both also live 10 min from the airport, so that saves us some time and money.

36 days sounds far away, buuuuut, it's actually just around the corner :) Stay positive and keep yourself busy so you don't go crazy

8 minutes ago, Swissmiss82 said:

WOAH you are lucky! :o  these prices are awesome!!!!

I think if our prices were like this, I'd be there every month :(

Sadly ours are between 900 - 1300 every time. luckily, we both also live 10 min from the airport, so that saves us some time and money.

36 days sounds far away, buuuuut, it's actually just around the corner :) Stay positive and keep yourself busy so you don't go crazy

I have actually saved people hundreds of dollars here by convincing them to fly to Chicago first.  It makes for a longer day flying from Seattle to Chicago to go to Manila but for $200 less than a flight from Seattle to Manila!

36 days will be here in a heartbeat!  The waiting for that is easy.  Waiting on the NOA2, that is hard.  Day 150.  VJ estimate says 170.  I dropped back 12 spots on Igor's list.  Most of the latest approvals were in the 165 to 170 day range.  These last 20 days will be SSSLLLOOOWWW

Edited by John & Rose

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
28 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I have been looking on Expedia since we last talked, and I still can't find anything cheaper than $600 for late Feb through late March.

Do you fly out on a specific day of the week and come back on a specific day? Are you using Expedia points?

Edited by JSCGPV

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

Just now, JSCGPV said:

I have been looking on Expedia since we last talked, and I still can't find anything cheaper than $600 for late Feb through late March.

Do you fly out on a specific day of the week and come back on a specific day? Are you using Expedia points?

I do play with the dates.  Moving the start or return dates even a day or two can make a huge difference.  Leaving on a Thursday instead of a Friday and coming back on a Monday instead of Sunday, for example,  can make a significant difference.

I just joined Expedia+ recently.  I haven't used any points yet.

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

I do play with the dates.  Moving the start or return dates even a day or two can make a huge difference.  Leaving on a Thursday instead of a Friday and coming back on a Monday instead of Sunday, for example,  can make a significant difference.

I just joined Expedia+ recently.  I haven't used any points yet.

ok, thanks I will try that.

There are lots of NOA2s coming in mail without an update on case tracker.

Please register for informed delivery if it is applicable in your region

USPS INFORMED DELIVERY https://informeddelivery.usps.com/box/pages/intro/start.action

NVC (603)-334-0700

USCIS - 800-375-5283

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVCClick here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIShttps://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you cannot get NVC on the phone try this - https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

Official K1 details and flow

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/immigrate/family-immigration/nonimmigrant-visa-for-a-fiance-k-1.html

07/21/2017 - Petition Mailed to Dallas, TX.

07/24/2017 - NOA1 Received date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/26/2017 - NOA1 Notice date. (From Hard Copy notice).

07/31/2017 - NOA 1 Hard copy received in mail

03/26/2018 - NOA 2 Approval

03/30/2018 - NOA 2 Hard copy received in mail

John Gina BW 300.jpg

8 minutes ago, JSCGPV said:

ok, thanks I will try that.

$609 is the cheapest I've found in February so far.  I will keep playing (slow day at work!)

IMG_5168.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.