smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, tpmd said:

That's how I'm feeling! They're just dancing all around our number (have been for days). Day 175...

I wonder if someone has a box with files at home. Waiting to come bacl to work to scan them in. There is to many of us that had cases all around of us approved.  So i know my last name is not common and i never been to jail. So for this many of us to have hard cases i say no. Either we will just get a notice or they will come in a big group monday.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
13 hours ago, Trinab80 said:

Good Morning My Fellow May Filers,

I know that I haven't actively participated in our forum like I normally have in the past and seem to look like I "fell off the radar". But I'm still here amongst you all and waiting with others for that "Golden Ticket" to arrive, and I'm always lurking and reading up on the many approvals that others are getting which I do my best to send "congrats" to you all collectively or individually. The reason for my quietness is nothing more different than others that have used this forum to vent - I'm desperately missing my fiancé and this process has definitely taken it's toll on me emotionally. I've been holding on to my last week of vacation so that I'm able to spend time with him and attend his interview with him, but it's hard not to just use a day or 2 to go see him for a quick trip. I'm not one to vent or cry about it out loud with just anybody; I tend to keep in things to myself and internalize things that are bothering me. I know, that's really not a good way to handle things, life has made me this way to conceal the hurt and sadness from others.

Reni (that's my fiancé's name) and I are doing wonderful, things between us are stronger than ever which they would have to be at this point with all this waiting and not knowing what is what. We've pushed the wedding back to March 4th (which is our 2 year anniversary), and the venue was extremely understanding and moved it with no problem. Truthfully though, the wedding was the least of my concerns as the most important thing for us to be together. I truly must say that without Reni's strength, positivity, and willingness to keep moving and keep going forward, I might have given up and I'm never one to just up and quit anything. But this process has definitely softened me up to the point where crying everyday seems to be part of my daily routine. But it's not the waiting that just has me feeling all out of sorts, it's really the not knowing what is going on and why and not being able to fix it. My anxiety is at an all time high because as we approach Thanksgiving this year, it takes me back to last Thanksgiving when Reni tried to come visit me when he had just being issued his Tourist Visa, but he was denied at POE and the visa was cancelled. And me thinking about how that whole ordeal went down back then does not make this waiting game any easier.

I know that I just shared more than I should have, but I'm sure there are those here who can sympathize with what I'm feeling. Either way, I just didn't want my sadness and frustration to overshadow everyone here who has received their approvals because at the end of the day, getting that NOA2 is the happiest thing to happen to anyone at this point and best believe that I am extremely happy for each and every one of you.

I do want to thank those that have noticed my absence and those that have checked up on me to make sure that Reni and I are okay. Thank you soooooooooooooo much from the bottom of my heart, (@mcs...you are truly a gem, and I appreciate you being that ear). Just want to say to you all that in this world where there is disaster striking left and right and hate surrounding all of us, I can say that I count each of you as a new friend and definitely the support system that is needed and wanted because our families will never know and understand how truly overwhelming and emotional this process can be when all you want is to be with the person you love and want to spend every waking moment with on Earth!!!

So, now that I can stop with all this mushy stuff (because I'm sitting my desk with watery eyes....lol), I can tell you that I am here, I've always been here, but I'M BACK!!! :D

I think we're all feeling that way to some degree or another. Between my fiancé and I, at least one o us is crying every day!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, AnaMolina said:

Thanks. I'm sick of this

I just spoke with NVC. They told me pretty much the same thing as you, that its a known issue and its affecting other cases... I still plan to write my congressman and hope that will encourage them to work on this in a more timely fashion. It couldnt hurt.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
11 minutes ago, bcoakley06 said:

I wonder if someone has a box with files at home. Waiting to come bacl to work to scan them in. There is to many of us that had cases all around of us approved.  So i know my last name is not common and i never been to jail. So for this many of us to have hard cases i say no. Either we will just get a notice or they will come in a big group monday.

That's what I've been saying to myself for the last week. I checked the 50 cases after mine on the app, and most of them are just showing as received.

We are living together in Vietnam at the moment and it's so frustrating, I can't even imagine how it must feel for everyone who is apart :( We will both be heading separate ways (me to UK, him to US) in December though to wait out the rest of the process.

We have a lawyer in the US who has been pretty useless and unresponsive (we thought it would make the process easier). So I wouldn't be surprised if he received our NOA2 a week ago and just hasn't told us and it hasn't updated on the app so we have no way of knowing. I hate how there is just nothing we can do but wait!

Congratulations to everyone who has been approved so far and fingers crossed for everyone who hasn't! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Lance & Valérie said:

I just spoke with NVC. They told me pretty much the same thing as you, that its a known issue and its affecting other cases... I still plan to write my congressman and hope that will encourage them to work on this in a more timely fashion. It couldnt hurt.

I will ask my fiance to do the same tomorrow. Let me know if you have anything new about it! Thanks. Hopefully it will br solved soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
30 minutes ago, bcoakley06 said:

Ok so i am very confused. If a case before me was approved yesterday and one after me today where is mine? To me the same agent had to work the other two. Why would ours got skipped?  Any input would help feeling so down tonight more then other days.

There are some people that never receive an approval online. For all you know, you might just be receiving an approval in the mail next week.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Shoegum said:

This week Average so far with 1 day remaining.

Approved         RFE

10/30/2017 70 17
10/31/2017 67 65
11/1/2017 46 25
11/2/2017 69 23
Average 63 32.5

Last Week Average

Approved         RFE

10/23/2017 95 19
10/24/2017 38 30
10/25/2017 23 16
10/26/2017 29 38
10/27/2017 49 53
Average 46.8 31.2

2 Weeks ago Average

Approved         RFE

10/16/2017 35 7
10/17/2017 15 29
10/18/2017 30 22
10/19/2017 31 9
10/20/2017 46 3
Average 31.4 14

3 Weeks ago Average

Approved         RFE

10/10/2017 135 14
10/11/2017 15 26
10/12/2017 27 31
10/13/2017 7 22
Average 46 23.25

So painful to watch ...

29 minutes ago, Chicagoseal said:

There are some people that never receive an approval online. For all you know, you might just be receiving an approval in the mail next week.

Really so some never get a update it just shows up? Sorry just lost all hope at day 171

Edited by bcoakley06

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
4 hours ago, Serj & Anastasia said:

all that aside.. all those that are flying to Russia from the states, do not use a travel agent to book your flight. I bought my ticket round trip for $868 from Turkish airways. Once you put your days in, it shows you a calandra that offer cheaper flights.. so I went from $1,570 to $868... a good amount saved. And if you and your better half don’t care much about “fancy” hotel, use the app “Airbnb” it’s got good deals on places to stay

FYI, Turkish airlines are very strict with caryon items size and weight. So plan accordingly.

Aeroflot has some nonstop flights to and from the US, check their prices as well next time.

Delta flies to Russia in summertime.

flights.google.com, is also a good place to look for airline fares.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.