smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Interesting.  The one caveat may be that we are only talking about I-129fs at CSC.  This looks like total number for all service centers and all visa types.  On an average day here we see 10 to 15 approvals?  We are about 8% so we can surmise that at 10% they are processing 150± I-129fs per day.  

Good point

Timeline
10 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Interesting.  The one caveat may be that we are only talking about I-129fs at CSC.  This looks like total number for all service centers and all visa types.  On an average day here we see 10 to 15 approvals?  We are about 8% so we can surmise that at 10% they are processing 150± I-129fs per day.  

Would it then be “safe” to assume if you’re 900 on Igor’s list with say 15 a day... our numbered would processed around 60 more days?

I think I’m going a bit mad😒😓

Edited by AZSunshine78

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
4 minutes ago, mcs said:

No, take a look at my timeline... :)

I just did, Thanks. It's just 11days today from when we received our NOA2 and we are several hours ahead of New Hampshire, so I'll just let it slide today and call them back tomorrow. thanks for your help. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Would it then be “safe” to assume if you’re 900 on Igor’s list with say 15 a day... our numbered would processed around 60 more days?

Got to figure in the manic Mondays into that average that can be hard to predict also...

13 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

No.  I have been as close as 844 but it goes back and forth as new people join.  At one point I went from 927 to 944 overnight.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

15 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

You're not the only one :jest: 

Everyone is talking about numbers and figures now just to cover up their stress ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
2 hours ago, Shayde said:

Hello everyone thanks to ya all who has been on here educating and informing us about how far you have made progress on your visa journey,  i am one of you and i am happy to be here my girl filed for us in may 23rd 2017 i own that date, but my fear is will it be easy for us to wave the meeting requirement because we have been talking for the longest 15 months now and we have not met each other, each time we plan  for her to come there is always one thing or the other that just destabilize our meeting. the other time she got sick and could not make it and now it her losing her job and our petition is already 161 days will it be considerable for us to waive the meeting requirement  being from my country NIgeria ? please help

thank you

Waiver is very very very unlikely almost impossible to get. It rarely happens..... How old is she, is she sick all the time. What was the original reason for requesting the exception to meeting?

Timeline
2 minutes ago, msscarlette said:

You're not the only one :jest: 

Everyone is talking about numbers and figures now just to cover up their stress ;)

So. Very. True! 

2 hours ago, Shayde said:

Hello everyone thanks to ya all who has been on here educating and informing us about how far you have made progress on your visa journey,  i am one of you and i am happy to be here my girl filed for us in may 23rd 2017 i own that date, but my fear is will it be easy for us to wave the meeting requirement because we have been talking for the longest 15 months now and we have not met each other, each time we plan  for her to come there is always one thing or the other that just destabilize our meeting. the other time she got sick and could not make it and now it her losing her job and our petition is already 161 days will it be considerable for us to waive the meeting requirement  being from my country NIgeria ? please help

thank you

Do you have any religious reason why you cant meet?  That is one of the only reasons I have seen to get a waiver.  Other than religion I do not believe waivers for the meeting in the last 24 months will be easy to get.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello, has anyone here had an RFE in which they ask for something you already sent? :(

K-1 Visa process

05/02/2017: Received Date
05/04/2017: NOA1 
10/24/2017: Request for Additional Evidence
10/28/2017: Request for Additional Evidence hard copy in mail
11/03/2017: Sent RFE response
11/15/2017: USCIS received reply

12/05/2017: NOA2
12/07/2017: NOA2 Hard Copy Received 
01/17/2018: NVC Received I-129F 
01/19/2018: Case Number Received
01/25/2018: Embassy Received. 
01/27/2018: Received NVC letter hard copy from NVC
02/15/2018: Medical
02/22/2018: Interview 
02/22/2018: APPROVED!

03/01/2018: Visa in Hand
03/05/2018: POE Airport
04/18/2018: Married! 

AOS process

05/21/2018 AOS Package Mailed

05/21/2018 Package delivered

06/06/2018 Email and Text notifications received (This is the date on NOA1 too)

06/11/2018 NOA1 in Mail

10/05/2018 EAD/AP received

08/12/2019 Interview scheduled

09/16/2019 Interview date

09/17/2019 Card was sent for production (Approved)

09/19/2019 Card was mailed

09/23/2019 Green card on hand :)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Meech said:

Hello, has anyone here had an RFE in which they ask for something you already sent? :(

It can be rather common....sometimes paperwork gets misplaced during the review process and you may have to resubmit documents 

Filed: Country:
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Meech said:

It happens. They do that to buy time sometimes. Just send it in again and don't let this cause you to panic. Approvals happen sometime workin a couple of days from when you send back the evidence required

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
16 hours ago, Blue42 said:

Hi all! Long time lurker, first time poster! I received my RFE last week and needed your help

It asks for me to provide the following:

• circumstances of the meeting - Submit information regarding the circumstances under which you and beneficiary met to establish the relationship
  • personal meeting evidence - this could be:
    • a written statement from you or the beneficiary stating that you have met in person and containing details of the date and circumstances of the meeting
    • passport pages with ID page and admission stamps
    • photographs of you and beneficiary together

the thing is, i sent these things to USCIS which is odd, but want to ask for clarification from you all - especially who have had their NOA2 approved and have done it correctly already.

1. Can anybody who has had their NOA2 approved please and kindly send me their circumstances of meeting statement?
  2. How is this different from the circumstances of meeting? - "a written statement from you or the beneficiary stating that you have met in person and containing details of the date and circumstances of the meeting""
  3. How do you submit photos? In my initial application, I submitted 2 printed pictures on regular printed paper with color ink, each in which my fiancee and I were together.
    • Are they supposed to be in a different, special format - printed professionally like our ID photos?
    • What if there are other people in the photo? What labels should we put, if any?

I think this YouTube video answers all your questions. 
You are not the only person how has gotten an RFE for something you feel like you have already submitted. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.