smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

I got that notification in my app too, after midnight. I just seen it and thought it was 2017. Now I realize it is 2016....:wacko:

Anyway, just food for thought, yesterday we had 6 VJ members approved out of 69 total by USCIS, which is 8.7% of the total work. Meanwhile those 69 approved in total are only 2.4% of the May total of still "received". It simply means that they have approved way more than they updated on the website. No question about that, lots of you guys are done, and don't know it .... congratulations ! :jest:    

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello everyone thanks to ya all who has been on here educating and informing us about how far you have made progress on your visa journey,  i am one of you and i am happy to be here my girl filed for us in may 23rd 2017 i own that date, but my fear is will it be easy for us to wave the meeting requirement because we have been talking for the longest 15 months now and we have not met each other, each time we plan  for her to come there is always one thing or the other that just destabilize our meeting. the other time she got sick and could not make it and now it her losing her job and our petition is already 161 days will it be considerable for us to waive the meeting requirement  being from my country NIgeria ? please help

thank you

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline
3 hours ago, Kirin2002 said:

Hey!! Hope you hear back from USCIS soon!! De qué parte eres? Yo de Asturias! I'm happy to meet other spaniards here. Good luck in your american journey :)

We received the approval by e-mail and in the app. I suppose my fiancé will receive the physical mail this week.

that's great you got your approval after the long wait, i can't wait to recieve ours too, yo soy de BCN  encantado de conocerte :)un palcer y mucha suerte!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Shayde said:

Hello everyone thanks to ya all who has been on here educating and informing us about how far you have made progress on your visa journey,  i am one of you and i am happy to be here my girl filed for us in may 23rd 2017 i own that date, but my fear is will it be easy for us to wave the meeting requirement because we have been talking for the longest 15 months now and we have not met each other, each time we plan  for her to come there is always one thing or the other that just destabilize our meeting. the other time she got sick and could not make it and now it her losing her job and our petition is already 161 days will it be considerable for us to waive the meeting requirement  being from my country NIgeria ? please help

thank you

Why don't you come to mexico or canada, and meet there. It's not possible to get waiver without valid reason, like medical etc. From Nigeria, would almost be impossible. You will get RFE and if you cannot provide evidence of meeting, you will most likely be denied. If she doesn't have job, how is she planning to provide affidavit of support? Good luck..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Sorry guys, I need to know what number to call for our NVC case number....appears there's the line to call for immigrant visa and the other non-immigrant visas, which one applies to the K-1 in this case ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
7 minutes ago, KimAyo said:

Sorry guys, I need to know what number to call for our NVC case number....appears there's the line to call for immigrant visa and the other non-immigrant visas, which one applies to the K-1 in this case ?

(603) 334-0700

Timeline
1 minute ago, mcs said:

Thanks for that info. I was on that line when I put that message through and it didn't take too long for a lady to respond nicely but said our case number isn't ready. How long did you have to wait between uscis approval and NVC case number ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
1 hour ago, The Squirrel said:

I got that notification in my app too, after midnight. I just seen it and thought it was 2017. Now I realize it is 2016....:wacko:

Anyway, just food for thought, yesterday we had 6 VJ members approved out of 69 total by USCIS, which is 8.7% of the total work. Meanwhile those 69 approved in total are only 2.4% of the May total of still "received". It simply means that they have approved way more than they updated on the website. No question about that, lots of you guys are done, and don't know it .... congratulations ! :jest:    

@Naes @John & Rose @msscarlette @Shoegum @The Squirrel

I want to throw some numbers at you guys.

I also want to be VERY clear that I am in no way a numbers person.

You guys are amazing at this and I wanted to know your input.

All numbers are estimates and I’m just working with the information that is provided on VJ and USCIS website

1) USCIS states they process approx 1000 to 1200 applications daily.

2) VJ’s account for approximately 5% off applications.

3) Lets say the daily average on VJ is 50 approved/processed daily.

4) Lets say in April, 4500 applications were submitted.

So.... (estimates***) of 100% would indicate

5% of VJ = 50 processed daily

95% (everyone else) = 950 processed daily.

Wouldn’t this put the average processing rape of all applications at about 950 to 1000 daily?

Please don’t drive yourselves nuts if you don’t get it. I was just playing with numbers 

Edited by AZSunshine78

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
10 minutes ago, KimAyo said:

Thanks for that info. I was on that line when I put that message through and it didn't take too long for a lady to respond nicely but said our case number isn't ready. How long did you have to wait between uscis approval and NVC case number ? 

Mine took 12 days but you really never know; you should give it at least 5 days from your NOA2 approval (in my opinion) and then keep calling them every day... the NVC people are a lot nicer than those at USCIS... in fact, they actually have personalities!  :)  Their office is about a mile away from where I work in New Hampshire; maybe it's the wonderful New Hampshire air... or something else... lol...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, Swissmiss82 said:

holy moly! that's craaaazy! maybe super special case with many complications!

These apps don't really have any special type of access to a database where they can actually find out which country a petition is for. They use the same backend server, that is publicly available at https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/mycasestatus.do - which does not reveal anything about the petitioner or the country it is applied for.

In the USCIS app by Spinach you have to specify the passport country when entering a case, this app could be just using user data who use their apps and store that information on their servers. For example you enter your case number and select a passport country they must store this data on their server and associate the case number to the country and match it against other users that use their app. I don't know what exact algorithm or criteria they are using for matching these similar update but they definitely do not have any additional information from USCIS other than case status that shows up online with date. 

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
19 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

All numbers are estimates and I’m just working with the information that is provided on VJ and USCIS website

Wouldn’t this put the average processing rape of all applications at about 950 to 1000 daily?

Please don’t drive yourselves nuts if you don’t get it. I was just playing with numbers 

Would be so much easier if USCIS had live read only access to case volumes available on their website. Would make everyone waiting for approvals lives easier lol. Don't need to reveal anything confidential information but just the up to date numbers updated to the second, showing number of approved, RFEs, waiting extended background check, etc these type of information/numbers should be public information.

I-129F NOA2 to NVC Receive Time Tracker - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k57PdywNRpUqytomJxMzz6_7DsMqpi52DgnaYt9FyC8/edit?usp=sharing

I-129F RFE Master List 2017 Edition - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QZLEE9OecLgkFXzE_ChRWqPGW4breSStBXafL2zbGhA/edit?usp=sharing

What to do after NOA2 Approval? How to contact NVC? Click here for info - https://goo.gl/KggThF

How to talk to a live person at USCIS? https://goo.gl/54z5bZ

If you are a May filer and still waiting for approval add your self here - https://etherpad.net/p/May_I-129F_Pending

All May Past RAW Scans Herehttps://goo.gl/NEgqgk

27 minutes ago, AZSunshine78 said:

Interesting.  The one caveat may be that we are only talking about I-129fs at CSC.  This looks like total number for all service centers and all visa types.  On an average day here we see 10 to 15 approvals?  We are about 8% so we can surmise that at 10% they are processing 150± I-129fs per day.  

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Timeline
27 minutes ago, mcs said:

Mine took 12 days but you really never know; you should give it at least 5 days from your NOA2 approval (in my opinion) and then keep calling them every day... the NVC people are a lot nicer than those at USCIS... in fact, they actually have personalities!  :)  Their office is about a mile away from where I work in New Hampshire; maybe it's the wonderful New Hampshire air... or something else... lol...

Hampshire air must be really pure....lol. She was indeed very nice and friendly. Infact she told me I can call everyday since they can't tell exactly when it comes through, ideally between 2-6weeks she said. 

Timeline
Just now, KimAyo said:

Hampshire air must be really pure....lol. She was indeed very nice and friendly. Infact she told me I can call everyday since they can't tell exactly when it comes through, ideally between 2-6weeks she said. 

And by 12days, were you referring to 12working days ??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.