smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LabOz said:

No need for NVC / MNL case number.

You don't need to have NOA 2 approval to get it done.

Just have a 2x2 digital photo .

Congrats again.

I just got 160 done waiting for the ready status to s ubmit it

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
10 hours ago, v.b said:

congratulations:) im from spain too the same date as you NOA1 may 16th  still waiting for NOA2, how did you get your approval email text or in the mail?  suerte!!

Hey!! Hope you hear back from USCIS soon!! De qué parte eres? Yo de Asturias! I'm happy to meet other spaniards here. Good luck in your american journey :)

We received the approval by e-mail and in the app. I suppose my fiancé will receive the physical mail this week.

Edited by Kirin2002

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

@Naes @The Squirrel - look at this notification, guys! Says they applied Sept 12, 2016 and only got the notification of RFE today? Wow! 

Screenshot_2017-10-31-14-48-28-201.jpeg

Packet Sent: August 23, 2017 

NOA1 Received Date: August 25, 2017 

NOA1 Notice Date: August 29, 2017

NOA2: March 1, 2018 (by calling Tier 2)

NOA 2 Notice Date: March 2, 2018 (according to the new USCIS website)

NOA2 Hard Copy: March 6, 2018 

NVC Received: March 16, 2018

NVC Case Number Assigned: March 23, 2018

In Transit: March 23, 2018

Status "Ready": March 27, 2018

Case Last Updated: April 2, 2018

Packet 3 Received: May 9, 2018

Interview: June 7, 2018

CEAC Status ISSUED: June 12, 2018

VOH: June 18, 2018

POE: July 5, 2018

4 minutes ago, paula and nick said:

@Naes @The Squirrel - look at this notification, guys! Says they applied Sept 12, 2016 and only got the notification of RFE today? Wow! 

Screenshot_2017-10-31-14-48-28-201.jpeg

holy moly! that's craaaazy! maybe super special case with many complications!

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

1 minute ago, Swissmiss82 said:

holy moly! that's craaaazy! maybe super special case with many complications!

@Swissmiss82 - yeah, like really??? I was shocked when I saw it. Lol! Poor guys waited for more than a year and got an RFE instead of approval? I mean, c'mon! Case must have been really super complicated. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
13 minutes ago, paula and nick said:

@Swissmiss82 - yeah, like really??? I was shocked when I saw it. Lol! Poor guys waited for more than a year and got an RFE instead of approval? I mean, c'mon! Case must have been really super complicated. 

I tried to react... then I went full millennial... I can't even 😆😆😆

what!?! I don't even know anymore

18 minutes ago, Naes said:

I tried to react... then I went full millennial... I can't even 😆😆😆

what!?! I don't even know anymore

@Naes I stared at it for a full minute. I really thought I saw 2017 but unfortunately, it's not.  I'm like what the .....? What is happening? The guy who have their case must have been in coma for a year. Recently woke up and got back on their case. I can't imagine the emotional torture it made to the couple/applicant. Just wow! :wacko:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Trying to stay strong isn't working very well. Getting passed by a few is better than a lot I guess or hope. I will give it a week and hopefully by the end of the week will have the approval via text, email or snail mail. I will take it anyway I can get it. Was hoping for Monday then saw some May 16th cases. I guess I will never understand how cases from dates ahead get worked on and approved prior to many dates prior if the work in order of received. I guess it is better to be in one of the last cases of the date received boxes than the first as those boxes are put on the shelf first. I don't know just wished there was a better way to track. I can understand processing times and some take longer. Okay I get it, but its been long enough already. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

To caller that tried to get information from USCIS that was told it was just people telling they were approved after their case date to upset them, should have quoted some case numbers after theirs that are available here from the scans. Then see if they want to eat their own words. If I get that when I call at the end of the week I will be prepared. My Senator has told me once I see cases after mine being approved to call him again. Just a few past right now but I will have recorded what I can. Enough is enough. I am patient, my fiancee is patient, we will wait. It is our roller coaster ride just hoping to stay on the tracks and ready to upgrade to rails for a smoother ride....

Timeline
27 minutes ago, paula and nick said:

@Naes I stared at it for a full minute. I really thought I saw 2017 but unfortunately, it's not.  I'm like what the .....? What is happening? The guy who have their case must have been in coma for a year. Recently woke up and got back on their case. I can't imagine the emotional torture it made to the couple/applicant. Just wow! :wacko:

That was my internal struggle toward uscis... sorry for confusion.. 

it is a torture. It is a non-logical non-systematical torture. I realized after living in one of the most logical country in the world where I could literally get a 1 hour apology if they approved a case that came after me, this is just unbelievable. 

So the only reaction i have left in me is to act sarcastically accepting... which is ridiculous. 

HOWEVER; again 1 thing that doesn't make sense;

it says similar to case number up there? What kind of similarity are we talking about? Is it the country or the number? September 2016 would have a start number of WAC1690xxxx so again doesn't make sense, it can very well be the person who updated put the wrong number. I know nobody believes this theory but the dates and countries in that app is changeable. The statement is the correct date but the rest is really changeable. So I think I'm going to go and check at home if any case of this years september 12 got any rfe... 

1 minute ago, Naes said:

That was my internal struggle toward uscis... sorry for confusion.. 

it is a torture. It is a non-logical non-systematical torture. I realized after living in one of the most logical country in the world where I could literally get a 1 hour apology if they approved a case that came after me, this is just unbelievable. 

So the only reaction i have left in me is to act sarcastically accepting... which is ridiculous. 

HOWEVER; again 1 thing that doesn't make sense;

it says similar to case number up there? What kind of similarity are we talking about? Is it the country or the number? September 2016 would have a start number of WAC1690xxxx so again doesn't make sense, it can very well be the person who updated put the wrong number. I know nobody believes this theory but the dates and countries in that app is changeable. The statement is the correct date but the rest is really changeable. So I think I'm going to go and check at home if any case of this years september 12 got any rfe... 

@Naes That's my WAC case number above the notification. It says similar to may case number. I hope they really made a mistake and that should be 2017, not 2016. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, paula and nick said:

@Naes That's my WAC case number above the notification. It says similar to may case number. I hope they really made a mistake and that should be 2017, not 2016. 

I know that's yours that's why it doesn't make sense. And I find it a good opportunity to actually check what's going on in that app.

Believe me I so hope it is not someone that had to wait over a year for an rfe. I'm sorry if I sounded in anyway cruel. I just really don't understand how that app works because there are so many errors in mine. 

But you are not petitioning for laos, nor you started in 2016 so other than your date being close, I don't see any similarities. 

6 minutes ago, Naes said:

I know that's yours that's why it doesn't make sense. And I find it a good opportunity to actually check what's going on in that app.

Believe me I so hope it is not someone that had to wait over a year for an rfe. I'm sorry if I sounded in anyway cruel. I just really don't understand how that app works because there are so many errors in mine. 

But you are not petitioning for laos, nor you started in 2016 so other than your date being close, I don't see any similarities. 

@Naes - Nope, not petitioning for Laos. I'm an August filer so it's really weird to get a notification like that. It's confusing and it makes you nervous. I mean, why did it take that long for RFE to be sent or for that case to be touched? I really hope that it's one of those cases that have been approved already but never got updated in the system until recently just like Murph's case. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.