smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, daboy said:

Hey guys!

This is my first post.  After just checking the USCIS website, to my surprise....I've FINALLY got my approval through!!!!*!!                                                       Receive date: 15/05/17    NO1:  17/05/2017  NO2:  Today :))))))))))

I've been an intermittent lurker on this forum since around July 2017.  I found the site as I was adamant not to pay the ludicrous fees quoted by an attorney.  After sending off my application, I thought it going to be a quick process and was preparing for a move after 3-4 months(Just after I graduated college).  But little did I know this was going to be one hell of a rollercoaster and this forum has become a lifeline - especially in the last couple of weeks.  

I finally find myself making this post due to the amazing people on this forum that have made those hard days that much easier.  I owe a BIG thank you to everyone who has shared their story or give their insight in this grueling process.  Truly, it has made all the difference and I cannot stress my gratitude to everybody enough.

Being thousands of miles away from your significant other for several month at a time isn't at all natural and it takes a hard toll.  It has even gone as far as causing rifts between me and fiancé being in this limbo.  We have both just graduated, are looking for jobs, apartments and life prospects and nothing can be done in this situation.  This coupled with the current political situation (the anti immigrant rhetoric) has almost lead me to several other possible avenues.  But finally the worst is over.  

Without waffling on.. what is apparent through this forum?  Regardless of language/culture/sex/religion/socio-economic background? Love triumphs over all.  And when there's a will? There's a way (And visajourney :) ).  

THE best of luck to all who still have not received their NO2s, it's coming sooooooon!  These NO2's will come flying in the coming week... Almost there guys.

And lastly a big thank you to @Shoegum for going that one step further with his scans and keeping my sanity.

It's been one hell of a ride guys xx

That is one helluva first post!  Congratulations.  I have a thousand posts and I still have a month to go for NOA2!  Maybe I should just shut up...

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

@daboy congrats and welcome to the forums!

My received date is 12th and no changes... T___T whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

171 days of wait later...

10/27/2017 NOA2 (Notice Date in the hardcopy)

10/30/2017 NOA2 on USCISAPP/E-mail

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

12/18/2017 - NVC receives our case and assigns a number

12/21/2017 - Case headed to Spain Embassy in Madrid

01/02/2018 -  Spain Embassy received our 129f packet

01/08/2018 - Packet READY at Embassy - Received Packet 3

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

05/30/2018 - Packet 4 received and interview scheduled.

06/13/2018 - Interview at the Embassy // Approved!
06/19/2018 - Visa Received :)
08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/07/2019 - AoS, EaD and AP package sent

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Kirin2002 said:

WoW. They are giving TOO MANY rfe's this season. What's happening? Too picky? D:

This is just my speculation and I heard others think this too....it appears as if the USCIS will post a whole bunch of approvals with a few RFEs....then, via Shoegum's scan, they upload a huge batch of RFEs....I don't think they upload the status as they go...it looks like they post dispositions in large "batches." This is just speculation, but I see it happening often via the scan provided by Shoegum....

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jules_N said:

We were approved today!!!!! I can’t even believe it!!!??

If my posts from yesterday were any indication, I had hit rock bottom emotionally after watching a bunch of cases after mine being approved. I needed this to happen today as I don’t think I would have survived the weekend!

Good luck to my fellow May 12th friends and to all! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

ps...I will update my timeline when I get home from work! :) 

Congrats! Which was your WAC number? Mine 328067

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

12/08/2017 - Reached 6 weeks without any notice from NVC. Time to send the NOA2 copy to NVC and figure out what's going on.

05/18/2018 - 4 months waiting to collect all documents... and then, documents sent to the Embassy.

08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/11/2019 - NoA1

Timeline
1 minute ago, pmeyer1229 said:

This is just my speculation and I heard others think this too....it appears as if the USCIS will post a whole bunch of approvals with a few RFEs....then, via Shoegum's scan, they upload a huge batch of RFEs....I don't think they upload the status as they go...it looks like they post dispositions in large "batches." This is just speculation, but I see it happening often via the scan provided by Shoegum....

I hope we receive a great surprise soon. <3

K-1 JOURNEY!

05/09/2017 129-f sent
05/12/2017 Received Date
05/16/2017  NOA1

08/10/2018 - POE Chicago

10/16/2018 - Wedding

AoS JOURNEY!

01/11/2019 - NoA1

sometimes i'm thankful that i don't know how to screen like shoegum or naes, otherwise i'd do it every 2 hours just out of curiosity 

N-400: 12/05/2023 (confirmed fingerprints are re-used)

Interview scheduled for: 05/09/2024

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Just saw an April 18th filer get an RFE....they must be going crazy....I guess it could be much worse for us...let's hope not :( None of this makes much sense to me.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, Jules_N said:

May 12th too! My case number is very close to yours. Now that I’ve been skipped over, I especially feel for those from late April and early May who still haven’t received their NOA2s. It’s only been four days since May 12th cases started being approved and I am already disheartened and sad watching cases with later received dates being approved before mine! 😔

Hopefully we hear something today!

I have the same feelings. I am happy for people being approved but it is very hard to take when they are approved with later date than yours. Called the office again, but no information, just wait for another 30 days. I am 169 days today.

We're on day 169 here, plus a 3 week wait for NOA1 after we sent our package (next day delivery!) so 190 days now. I would love to say I'm delighted for everyone who's been approved with a date later than 11th of may, but I would be lying! It infuriates me! We've now got the Florida senator to help us. Hoping it will work 

Edited by Holly28291

59 minutes ago, daboy said:

Hey guys!

This is my first post.  After just checking the USCIS website, to my surprise....I've FINALLY got my approval through!!!!*!!                                                       Receive date: 15/05/17    NO1:  17/05/2017  NO2:  Today :))))))))))

I've been an intermittent lurker on this forum since around July 2017.  I found the site as I was adamant not to pay the ludicrous fees quoted by an attorney.  After sending off my application, I thought it going to be a quick process and was preparing for a move after 3-4 months(Just after I graduated college).  But little did I know this was going to be one hell of a rollercoaster and this forum has become a lifeline - especially in the last couple of weeks.  

I finally find myself making this post due to the amazing people on this forum that have made those hard days that much easier.  I owe a BIG thank you to everyone who has shared their story or give their insight in this grueling process.  Truly, it has made all the difference and I cannot stress my gratitude to everybody enough.

Being thousands of miles away from your significant other for several month at a time isn't at all natural and it takes a hard toll.  It has even gone as far as causing rifts between me and fiancé being in this limbo.  We have both just graduated, are looking for jobs, apartments and life prospects and nothing can be done in this situation.  This coupled with the current political situation (the anti immigrant rhetoric) has almost lead me to several other possible avenues.  But finally the worst is over.  

Without waffling on.. what is apparent through this forum?  Regardless of language/culture/sex/religion/socio-economic background? Love triumphs over all.  And when there's a will? There's a way (And visajourney :) ).  

THE best of luck to all who still have not received their NO2s, it's coming sooooooon!  These NO2's will come flying in the coming week... Almost there guys.

And lastly a big thank you to @Shoegum for going that one step further with his scans and keeping my sanity.

It's been one hell of a ride guys xx

Congrats!!

I-129F Received: 07-19-2017

NOA1: 07-21-2017

NOA2: 01-23-2018

NVC Received: 01-29-2018 

Case # Assigned: 01-31-2018

NVC Sent Case: 02-03-2018

DS-160 Submitted: 02-05-2018

Consulate Received: 02-05-2018

VAC: 02-09-2018

Interview: 03-12-2018

Outcome: APPROVED!

POE: 03-17-2018

Married: 04-27-2018

USCIS Received I-485, I-765, I-131: 05-24-2018

Biometrics Fee Accepted: 06-08-18

NOA1 Recieved : 06-16-18

Biometrics Appt: 07-02-18

EAD being Produced: 09-28-18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hey Guys!! I was finally able to talk to Tier 2 today! He said everything looks fine with my case. When I asked him approximately how much longer it will take for me to get approved , he said 3-4 weeks!!! I am soo sad and frustrated! 😞😞😞😞😞 171 days and counting 

24 minutes ago, Anagio said:

Hey Guys!! I was finally able to talk to Tier 2 today! He said everything looks fine with my case. When I asked him approximately how much longer it will take for me to get approved , he said 3-4 weeks!!! I am soo sad and frustrated! 😞😞😞😞😞 171 days and counting 

So you are may 9th filer and so am I. What are your last 4 digits and did he say why 2-3 more weeks, or was just a guess?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.