smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,975 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
4 minutes ago, PKG1090 said:

My fiancée called about 10 mins ago and was told we have to wait 3-5 days for a call back from a Tier Two, as they’ve stopped taking call transfers about an hour before!

The call handler had no empathy and just wanted us off the call. It took her a while to bring up our case too! 

Are they still using Windows 3.1 and using carrier pidgeons to send mail?!

What really gets to me is that we paid $525 to submit our application, which is $225 more than last year, and they’re taking almost double the time that they did last year!

We all want to move on our lives and start a family and the USCIS is preventing us all from doing so! 

It’s total bs!!

Does anyone ask where the extra $225 is going? Why, as we paid more than last year’s applicants, is it taking almost double the time??

Sorry.... rant over 😳

Totally agree with rant!  I'm curious why so much too!  Seems like 166 days (seems to be about average now) is a little excessive.

Visajourney timeline keeps moving my day back 3 days everytime I look after 3 days.  Feel like it's getting nowhere.

6 minutes ago, PKG1090 said:

My fiancée called about 10 mins ago and was told we have to wait 3-5 days for a call back from a Tier Two, as they’ve stopped taking call transfers about an hour before!

The call handler had no empathy and just wanted us off the call. It took her a while to bring up our case too! 

What really gets to me is that we paid $525 to submit our application, which is $225 more than last year, and they’re taking almost double the time that they did last year!

We all want to move on our lives and start a family and the USCIS is preventing us all from doing so! 

It’s total bs!!

Does anyone ask where the extra $225 is going? Why, as we paid more than last year’s applicants, is it taking almost double the time??

Sorry.... rant over 😳

That time and money is going to Mar-a-lago. :jest:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Totally agree with rant!  I'm curious why so much too!  Seems like 166 days (seems to be about average now) is a little excessive.

Visajourney timeline keeps moving my day back 3 days everytime I look after 3 days.  Feel like it's getting nowhere.

It's extremely frustrating. We haven't seen each other for 15 months because he can't get a holiday visa because they say he doesn't have enough reason showing he will go back and I have a job that won't allow vacation for a year but I need the job in order to show I can support him. We just want to be together. It's like they don't understand why we can't be patient...I can't understand why they can't see that we have been patient enough and 165 is just too much to wait to be with the person you love and want a life with. 

Edited by Cruzincrystal

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cruzincrystal said:

It's extremely frustrating. We haven't seen each other for 15 months because he can't get a holiday visa because they say he doesn't have enough reason showing he will go back and I have a job that won't allow vacation for a year but I need the job in order to show I can support him. We just want to be together. It's like they don't understand why we can't be patient...I can't understand why they can't see that we have been patient enough and 165 is just too much to wait to be with the person you love and want a life with. 

Totally agree!  3.5 months is totally understandable.  5+ months unless you come with a bad background check or a missing paper, everything should pass.  No RFEs should be allowed to question anything, only for missing papers.  

They could outsource the background to a good company and skip that part (that would be a good use of the extra funds).  While background by other company they can check our papers and stories.  Tada!  Just saved 2 months of work and put the money to good use creating more jobs!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Cruzincrystal said:

I am with you dear...just hang in there and pray if that works for you. Sometimes these challenges make us stronger and can be good for us and our relationship (in hindsight, of course)...BUT!!!!!!! I am tired of being challenged myself and just wish to be with my princess too. Good luck to you.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

Totally agree!  3.5 months is totally understandable.  5+ months unless you come with a bad background check or a missing paper, everything should pass.  No RFEs should be allowed to question anything, only for missing papers.  

They could outsource the background to a good company and skip that part (that would be a good use of the extra funds).  While background by other company they can check our papers and stories.  Tada!  Just saved 2 months of work and put the money to good use creating more jobs!

HEE HEE....I think we all dream of ways to streamline this process, however, and unfortunately, most governments are not very efficient and have a lot of red tape they must complete just to go pee :) It is coming my VJ friend, it is coming....I think I am going back to the Philippines for one last visit before she gets here...however, I know the moment I leave, an RFE will come for us and I will be in the Far East...Uhg... :) 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

HEE HEE....I think we all dream of ways to streamline this process, however, and unfortunately, most governments are not very efficient and have a lot of red tape they must complete just to go pee :) It is coming my VJ friend, it is coming....I think I am going back to the Philippines for one last visit before she gets here...however, I know the moment I leave, an RFE will come for us and I will be in the Far East...Uhg... :) 

I wanted to go for Christmas but the prices are 2.5x the price I normally pay!!!  I'm hoping we can finish during December but each day takes that likelyhood further away.  Trying to think what to do, if next year finish, would like to see her again this year.  Consulate time went down from 19 days to get appointment to 6 days, so that will save some time.  Hoping less people try to finish this year and keep it open, lol.  I figured some people may not be as excited to finish (arguments, out of travel time, or more patient than some of us).  I guess we will see.  Just need a cheap flight to Philippines one more time just so I can make it through (unless December remains a possibility to finish).

Timeline
2 minutes ago, JohnAna05823 said:

I wanted to go for Christmas but the prices are 2.5x the price I normally pay!!!  I'm hoping we can finish during December but each day takes that likelyhood further away.  Trying to think what to do, if next year finish, would like to see her again this year.  Consulate time went down from 19 days to get appointment to 6 days, so that will save some time.  Hoping less people try to finish this year and keep it open, lol.  I figured some people may not be as excited to finish (arguments, out of travel time, or more patient than some of us).  I guess we will see.  Just need a cheap flight to Philippines one more time just so I can make it through (unless December remains a possibility to finish).

I think we don't have a chance for the holidays....when we started this process, I was sure she would be here for Thanksgiving, however, I don't think she will make it by Christmas. I understand the average wait for an embassy appointment takes 53 days on average (In Manila that is). Also, it looks like people are not getting their NVC number for 2 weeks or longer :( 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

They saw the number of applicants in April-May-June right away. Why didn't they hire more people to process them?! They got their fees and time to do that. 

Have you ever used that? "Case outside normal processing time" inquiry? I discovered that in my app and I wonder how it works and whether it is worth trying.

Will they speed up a bit if they start receiving those in addition to countless phone calls?

IMG_6672.PNG

IMG_6673.PNG

41 minutes ago, PKG1090 said:

It’s total bs!!

Sorry.... rant over 😳

Exactly my thoughts! Everyone is saying be patient,have faith,but honestly haven't we waited enough..and as this is serious government processing,shouldn't everyone be equal? How is it fair some get approved in less than 3 months and some 7...Its frustrating, my fiance and I personally had to overcome many issues just to meet for the first time,now we have to wait cause we can't make a single plan..everything is on hold.They better speed up, after all we paid for it,they should at least be polite on the phone..

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Shaman said:

They saw the number of applicants in April-May-June right away. Why didn't they hire more people to process them?! They got their fees and time to do that. 

Have you ever used that? "Case outside normal processing time" inquiry? I discovered that in my app and I wonder how it works and whether it is worth trying.

Will they speed up a bit if they start receiving those in addition to countless phone calls?

IMG_6672.PNG

IMG_6673.PNG

HEE HEE...charge your phone...22 percent makes me nervous...now how neurotic and I? :) 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, pmeyer1229 said:

I think we don't have a chance for the holidays....when we started this process, I was sure she would be here for Thanksgiving, however, I don't think she will make it by Christmas. I understand the average wait for an embassy appointment takes 53 days on average (In Manila that is). Also, it looks like people are not getting their NVC number for 2 weeks or longer :( 

Yeah,I was originally on board for Thanksgiving too!!!  Then changed to Christmas.  The consulate doesn't take that long to get appointment.  Usually within 20 days from when you get your case number from NVC (taking that medical can be done one week prior).  But there is still a sliver of hope for us before Christmas.  If not, I'd say January is highly likely.

Timeline
Just now, JohnAna05823 said:

Yeah,I was originally on board for Thanksgiving too!!!  Then changed to Christmas.  The consulate doesn't take that long to get appointment.  Usually within 20 days from when you get your case number from NVC (taking that medical can be done one week prior).  But there is still a sliver of hope for us before Christmas.  If not, I'd say January is highly likely.

Okay, I will be more positive about Christmas, I just have a gut feeling..however, we will have many years to look back on this process and thank God we are done :) 

Timeline
Just now, pmeyer1229 said:

Okay, I will be more positive about Christmas, I just have a gut feeling..however, we will have many years to look back on this process and thank God we are done :) 

Yep!  I hope all of our fiance's understand what all we went through for this.  Wasn't just waiting.  Cost, time, preparing, etc.  It's a lot more than I expected.  I hope all of us are married forever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.