smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
3 hours ago, Naes said:

I'm so so so sorry really. 

I dont want to say or think this but everytime someone says something like this I'm checking the countries. It's mostly Iran or Islamabad or such. You know where I'm going... (please believe me from the depth of my heart I, by no means, mean anything bad here) but do you guys think the background check are taking longer for these countries? Not that they are separating from the bunch but just taking longer.

1) names we use (as a Turkish person my name is old Turkish but I know most of our names are similar with Arabic and Persian and end up being similar with you know what) 

2) last names 

3) family background checks (literally my fathers middle name is ekber so I was wondering about this a while)

4) family and such connections check

these may alone cause a little bit of more time for process?

I'm sorry if I offend anyone. This is just a theory 😐 

I LOOOOOOVE Turkey by the way, been there many times, you are lucky :wub:

***Waiting for interview***

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

I undrestand...but what I meant is...I'm waiting the same amount of time (or we will see, maybe more) than people with that problem, even if I have an Italian name that doesn't give that issue on criminal database, so I understand why you are getting worried, but I think you are overthinking...

The good part is, you overthink or you don't, it won't change anything, so better be relaxed, that helps the long wait! ;)

That said, I'm probably overthinking more than you :D about every little thing, to me it sounds like everything everybody else put in the filing package I didn't put it! :D

Oh yes I see! Sorry I misunderstood you.

I mean I am a September filer so what I wrote was more about some cases that stay stuck in between two cases longer than thei average counterparts. And because I saw quite a few of these cases. Such as the guy who stuck without RFE for 231 days...

Right now now pretty much everyone is stucl with waiting though.

Edited by Naes

Timeline
13 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

I LOOOOOOVE Turkey by the way, been there many times, you are lucky :wub:

Thank you!! Sad truth is I haven't been to Turkey for almost 5 years now. I am waiting for the visa in hand, quit job (220 days to go) and go for a 1 month vacation in Turkey before wedding! I need tan!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Netherlands
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Naes said:

Thank you!! Sad truth is I haven't been to Turkey for almost 5 years now. I am waiting for the visa in hand, quit job (220 days to go) and go for a 1 month vacation in Turkey before wedding! I need tan!!

Ah, was already wondering, cause your profile said Japan before! ^_^

K1                                                                                            AoS                                                                                                                                 N-400

I-129F Received: 05-June-2017                                        AoS, EAD & AP Filed: 15-June-2018                                                                         N-400 Filed: 29-Sept-2020

NOA2: 09-January-2018                                                      NOA1 on all three: 27-June-2018                                                                             NOA1: 28-Sept-2020

NVC Received/Case #: 24-January-2018                         Biometrics: 20-July-2018                                                                                           Interview Date: 16-Feb-2021

Consulate Received: 02-February-2018                           Case Ready For Interview: 24-July-2018                                                                 Oath Ceremony: 18-Feb-2021

Interview: 13-March-2018                                                   EAD & AP Approvals: 18-October-2018                                                                   Expedited under section 319(b) - overseas military orders

VOH: 17-March-2018                                                           Interview Scheduled: 8-April-2019 / Rescheduled on 17-April-2019                  Biometrics re-used from AOS application. Skipped ROC

POE (LAX): 11-April-2018                                                    Interview Date: 28-April-2019 - APPROVED!

Timeline
Just now, Hadassah123 said:

Ah, was already wondering, cause your profile said Japan before! ^_^

I'm Turkish living in Japan..

i tried to get info about Japanese consulate cause list didn't show similar consulates... but kind of gave up.. both Turkey and Japan is rare here in the main forum to guess anything 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

Oh yes I see! Sorry I misunderstood you.

I mean I am a September filer so what I wrote was more about some cases that stay stuck in between two cases longer than thei average counterparts. And because I saw quite a few of these cases. Such as the guy who stuck without RFE for 231 days...

Right now now pretty much everyone is stucl with waiting though.

September? Wow...young! ;) I'm close to my 170 days waiting...and I have to say I'm almost happy I haven't been obsessively looking at scans or forums since too early.... I don't know what makes it more exausting...probably everything!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kazakhstan
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Naes said:

Спасибо!! Грустная правда: я не был в Турции почти 5 лет. Я жду визы в руке, брошу работу (220 дней, чтобы пойти) и отправиться на один месяц отдыха в Турции до свадьбы! Мне нужен загар!

I worked in Turkey. The country is really beautiful, and I was so comfortable, since the mentality we have is similar.

Ни головы ни ножек

27 June 2017               i-129f sent from Moscow
14 July 2017                Texas Service Center

14 September 2017    California Service Center
21 September 2017    NOA1 Received Date
25 September 2017    NOA1 email/text confirmation

01 October 2017          NOA1 hardcopy

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

I'm Turkish living in Japan..

i tried to get info about Japanese consulate cause list didn't show similar consulates... but kind of gave up.. both Turkey and Japan is rare here in the main forum to guess anything 

Turkey and Japan, even better :D love them both! I'm having the impression I'm the only Italian in here!

SOrry guys, I have something to celebrate! 2 minutes ago I FINALLY was able to submit the application for Police Record in Australia, I've been trying for 2 weeks straight! I almost feel like I got approved!!! :D

Timeline
Just now, Fiammetta said:

September? Wow...young! ;) I'm close to my 170 days waiting...and I have to say I'm almost happy I haven't been obsessively looking at scans or forums since too early.... I don't know what makes it more exausting...probably everything!

For me I'm a data person but I think if it makes you feel worse don't even look at them. Unfortunately things seems worse for May and June so consider it normal when it's under 180 then it's 6 months so start calling and harassing USCIS :P

I am really counting on these two weeks to pick otherwise we are all doomed 😣

Timeline
1 minute ago, Ёжик said:

I worked in Turkey. The country is really beautiful, and I was so comfortable, since the mentality we have is similar.

Thank you 😊.

Just saying.. that comfortable mentality doesn't work in japan, that's why I'm so bored and really happy to have all these data to play with! 

I'm expecting a more chill and similar mentality in California (fingers crossed, as fiancé assures me)

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

For me I'm a data person but I think if it makes you feel worse don't even look at them. Unfortunately things seems worse for May and June so consider it normal when it's under 180 then it's 6 months so start calling and harassing USCIS :P

I am really counting on these two weeks to pick otherwise we are all doomed 😣

The thing is my fiancè is so so busy and working so so much he can't spend all day calling USCIS, I had him calling them 2 times and it feels like a miracle! It even feels like a miracle we can talk to each other once per day! And of course, if I call USCIS they won't say anything to me! Once I even tried in a live chat and I even passed Emma and got a real person...but nothing...maybe I should have lied and said I was him :D 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Fiammetta said:

Turkey and Japan, even better :D love them both! I'm having the impression I'm the only Italian in here!

SOrry guys, I have something to celebrate! 2 minutes ago I FINALLY was able to submit the application for Police Record in Australia, I've been trying for 2 weeks straight! I almost feel like I got approved!!! :D

I'm waiting for the NOA2 approval scream posts here soon!!

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Thank you 😊.

Just saying.. that comfortable mentality doesn't work in japan, that's why I'm so bored and really happy to have all these data to play with! 

I'm expecting a more chill and similar mentality in California (fingers crossed, as fiancé assures me)

California will be AWESOME!!! No doubt! I think for mentality 5 years in Japan it's too much!!!

Timeline
Just now, Fiammetta said:

California will be AWESOME!!! No doubt! I think for mentality 5 years in Japan it's too much!!!

Make it 10... 

I was about to move out when I met my fiancé and just hanging around because it's easier here

Timeline
Just now, Naes said:

Make it 10... 

I was about to move out when I met my fiancé and just hanging around because it's easier here

So you two are together? Oh how lucky! I'm missing them (him and the kids) SOOOOO BADDDD!!! :( I wish we had a solution like yours!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.