smilei

I-129F May 2017 Filers

11,983 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Alice L said:

We just confirm from NVC , our case is under administrative processing at NVC

can anyone guide me what it is and how long will it take?

Its very frustrating

If I were you I would keep checking back with them. I was told this on a Friday and then the next Monday was told it had been sent. There's a lot of info about here

I've read that some people have had some luck by notifying NVC once it has been over 30 days since their NOA2 date. Hopefully it doesn't take this long for you. Good luck.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Alice L said:

but would this impact on visa approval or denial?

Ive never heard of a case that it happened, so I dont think so. It's just more waiting :( 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Alice L said:

Its very frustrating

@hkiss31 @Jeff&Alina and @KeriAn experienced the same.

April 28, 2017- I-129F packet sent to Dallas Lockbox

May 1, 2017 - NOA1 Received Date

May 3, 2017 - NOA1 Notice Date

Sept 28, 2017 - NOA2

Oct 12, 2017 - Case Number AT NVC

Oct 17- IN TRANSIT
                         Oct 18 -  READY

Oct 16 & 17, 2017 - Medical
Oct 24, 2017 - Interview, approved!

Oct 25 - Administrative Processing

Oct 26 - Issued
Oct 25, 2017 - CFO Seminar

Nov 2, 2017 - Visa on hand
Nov 13, 2017 - POE, Seattle

Dec 16, 2017 - Wedding day

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
1 hour ago, Shoegum said:

I don't think this type of scanning and analysis has ever happened in history of VJ lol

@Shoegum @Naes I'm just glad you guys are also May filers! your efforts have been a godsend for all of us.

54 minutes ago, Alice L said:

Its very frustrating

I had done a ton of research on the AP process a while ago since my fiancé is Iranian. The longest AP cases usually include petitioners who are men from "high fraud/risk countries," who may have technical/engineering backgrounds, worked for government, have a more extensive travel history, have a common name, etc. AP usually happens after the interview if a case officer determines that its necessary (they are supposed to fill out a g221 form and they give a copy to the petitioner). but, it seems like they are doing more and more APs at the NVC stage which resolve relatively quickly (2 weeks to a month).

unfortunately, there are several other cases I know of that have been stuck in AP post interview for over 8 months. My bet is that your case will not take that long because I have not seen the AP process exceed a few weeks at the NVC stage. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Okay, as a May 15th filer, at one time I hoped on getting my princess by Thanksgiving. Now, it does not look like she can make it here before the end of the year as it takes about 50 days in the Philippines to schedule an interview. SOOOOO, we have not seen each other since April and I would like to go visit from 11/9 to 11/20. However, I would really like to save the money and vacation time for her....but what bothers me most is I know the day I fly out, the USCIS will want something, an RFE, etc. I would not be able to enjoy myself in the Philippines while I worry about "the letter" being sent. On the other hand, it could be months before we hear anything. I still see non-RFE approvals from March/April. Any thoughts and/or suggestions may help me be at peace with whatever decision I make....I am counting on you my VJ family. Thanks!!!! Love all of your help and support.

11 minutes ago, K-1Applicant2017 said:

@Shoegum @Naes I'm just glad you guys are also May filers! your efforts have been a godsend for all of us.

I had done a ton of research on the AP process a while ago since my fiancé is Iranian. The longest AP cases usually include petitioners who are men from "high fraud/risk countries," who may have technical/engineering backgrounds, worked for government, have a more extensive travel history, have a common name, etc. AP usually happens after the interview if a case officer determines that its necessary (they are supposed to fill out a g221 form and they give a copy to the petitioner). but, it seems like they are doing more and more APs at the NVC stage which resolve relatively quickly (2 weeks to a month).

unfortunately, there are several other cases I know of that have been stuck in AP post interview for over 8 months. My bet is that your case will not take that long because I have not seen the AP process exceed a few weeks at the NVC stage. 

Thanks alot for your support 

52 minutes ago, Lance & Valérie said:

If I were you I would keep checking back with them. I was told this on a Friday and then the next Monday was told it had been sent. There's a lot of info about here

I've read that some people have had some luck by notifying NVC once it has been over 30 days since their NOA2 date. Hopefully it doesn't take this long for you. Good luck.

I hope so 

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 hours ago, The Squirrel said:

You are done, ten days to two weeks from now you will be freaking out about your NVC number. I am trying to say that you are done :)

No they are not skipping. It may seem odd that so far the 11th has only 8 approved petitions out of 181 filed. 2 are gone (withdrawal + transfer), hence 171 "live ones". But the (likely) truth is that one USCIS agent  is working from home, has or is finishing them, and once he/she is done, the entire file box(es) for May 11th will be brought back to USCIS to be entered into the website and to be mailed out. Done ! 

This assertion is based on the Q & A "interview" of an ex USCIS employee here on VJ. We will see the outcome soon B-)

That makes it even harder though because that means we could be approved and still have to wait until he's finished with others? Plus I don't really feel comfortable with someone taking my file home that should be against the rules, anything could happen...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

That makes it even harder though because that means we could be approved and still have to wait until he's finished with others? Plus I don't really feel comfortable with someone taking my file home that should be against the rules, anything could happen...

Don't worry too much about files going home, having worked for the USA government, I know they have very strict procedures about confidentiality. Violating these procedures results in immediate dismissal. I saw if happen several times for innocent mistakes....resulting in....YOU ARE FIRED!! PS: I am a victim of Identity fraud that took 3 years to resolve so I am sensitive to this also, but I don't think you have much to worry about regarding your personal information. Keep the faith, your head up, and try to stay positive through this brutal process :) 

4 minutes ago, Kpetraska said:

It is not a problem. First, all employees at USCIS are professionals, screened through and through, without a blemish on their record. Second, please read the Q&A with the USCIS agent here on VJ, he explained it very well. It is long time employees that are allowed to work from home, people with much experience. Third, before they take any files home, they have to scan them, so at all times they know exactly where the files are, and who has them. Lastly, there are thousands of employees at USCIS that could see your file at any time for any reason good or bad, so rest assured you are safe. Cherry on the top, messing with any of the files that are in possession of the US Government would constitute a "Federal Offense", and not only would jobs be in jeopardy, but possible much harsher penalties could be in the store.  

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
6 minutes ago, The Squirrel said:

It is not a problem. First, all employees at USCIS are professionals, screened through and through, without a blemish on their record. Second, please read the Q&A with the USCIS agent here on VJ, he explained it very well. It is long time employees that are allowed to work from home, people with much experience. Third, before they take any files home, they have to scan them, so at all times they know exactly where the files are, and who has them. Lastly, there are thousands of employees at USCIS that could see your file at any time for any reason good or bad, so rest assured you are safe. Cherry on the top, messing with any of the files that are in possession of the US Government would constitute a "Federal Offense", and not only would jobs be in jeopardy, but possible much harsher penalties could be in the store.  

More than that most of these secure places use a different type of locked system. Sometimes a security pc, with controlled private wan line or cloud. 

I know cause we sell these and use these for or data. They do not carry your files. 

They would have a secure computer which they are also use in their workspace. And it locks to anyone who doesn't have the support at key mobile or any such item/app and password. 

I have attached the Q & A of the USCIS adjudicator for you guys.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/adjudicator-q-and-a

Just wanted to share this, I was reading through the adjudicator's responsibilities concerning the Privacy Act. It is found in the  Adjudicator's Field Manual            

https://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-1067/0-0-0-1780.html#0-0-0-294

Edited by msscarlette

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.